***2010 MN CHALLENGE***

HarySituation

MN shows increased solubility in oils.

BTW ladies what % of MN cream are you guys adding to your mixes but to avoid the dreaded headaches?

Also is it safe to mix it with MT?

I use both my MN and MT straight up and so far have not had ANY excessive shredding or headaches *fingers crossed*.

But then again I only use the MN (2%) on my egdes/nape so maybe that's why I'm not getting headaches. And I started taking garlic vitamins 2 weeks before I started using the MT to really get it into my system and nip shedding in the bud. I also recently started using Alter ego Garlic Conditioner:lick:.

I fiqured I'd try both without mixing first to see if I'd have any side effects then add things to it if need be later. I just figure maximum strength = maximum growth:grin:

Vintageglam

I use both my MN and MT straight up and so far have not had ANY excessive shredding or headaches *fingers crossed*.

But then again I only use the MN (2%) on my egdes/nape so maybe that's why I'm not getting headaches. And I started taking garlic vitamins 2 weeks before I started using the MT to really get it into my system and nip shedding in the bud. I also recently started using Alter ego Garlic Conditioner:lick:.

I fiqured I'd try both without mixing first to see if I'd have any side effects then add things to it if need be later. I just figure maximum strength = maximum growth:grin:

Thanks for the info. I think I like the idea of the Garlic conditioner. I don't think we can get it here in the UK so I will look for an alternative....

gvin89

Awesome....I'm in! I've been reading up on the MN growth aid and purchased 2 tubes of the FD 2% brand after reading a different thread. I think I'll mix it with the EO Growth Blend and apply to edges & nape 3x a week. I usually wash on Thursdays so I'll apply Friday, Sunday, & Tuesday. The pics of nape & edges are below...I'll add a full head shot later. Happy Growing Ladies!!!

Attachments

• edges.jpg
    edges.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 23
  • nape.jpg
    nape.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 18

Supervixen

Can you mix MN with a conditioner like V05?

I mixed with a liquid leave in (Ojon), and a couple drops of castor oil. I apply it with a small color brush.

I have not had any headaches or dryness.

eta: I also added 2 drops of peppermint essential oil and cayenne pepper. I forgot about the cayenne. The combo feels great on my scalp!

Last edited:

mst1908

I'm in I started using MN back in November 2009 and I've experienced great results!!!! I've been using the Target Brand MN mixed with tea tree oil, rosemary oil and cayenne.

Attachments

• relaxer 01-2010.jpg
    relaxer 01-2010.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 28
  • MN mix.jpg
    MN mix.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 33

Aggie

Okay just in time. I'm in too. I had taken a short break from using MN but now I'm back on it for March 1st. My mix is in my fotki and my last pic is there as well in my latest album. I haven't taken any pics since. I'll try to take one this weekend.

AvaSpeaks

I've been using it again and I am still getting massive growth. This is excellent for getting rid of flakes too :yep:

Miss Monae

Sign me up! I've been wanting to do this for a while and now I have the guts! I will be using it at least 3 times a week (every other day). Thanks for the challenge!!

Supervixen

Sign me up too.

My mix right now is:
Liquid Leave in conditioner (right now it's Ojon)
Cayenne Pepper
MN 2%
Peppermint Essential Oil

Last edited:
I'm in, got some Daktarin. Does MN help with itching, cause my scalp itches a lot and I cant see any improvement from the MN. I've only started using it since monday. Starting Pics below. I'm recovering from some severe damage.

Attachments

• S1050047lhcf.jpg
    S1050047lhcf.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 26

Vintageglam

I'm in, got some Daktarin. Does MN help with itching, cause my scalp itches a lot and I cant see any improvement from the MN. I've only started using it since monday. Starting Pics below. I'm recovering from some severe damage.

Carolinewtwin how are you mixing your MN or are you applying in straight?

sunbubbles

woo hoo! Im in! I plan on using my growth oil mixed with the equate brand 2% MN for starters. then Id like to bump it up to 4% on my next purchase
Ill use my straightened hair pic from 2 wks ago as my starting point pic. The 2nd pic is from the beginning of January..... (its still around the same length in the back because Ive had some breakage:wallbash:)

Attachments

• Picture 018.jpg
    Picture 018.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Rachaels Pics 375.jpg
    Rachaels Pics 375.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

LilBlackDevl

I'm up for the challenge (my first one- I'm a newbie)! I'll be using a mix of MN (Neosporin AF) + Castor Oil + approx 15 drops Wild Growth hair oil. Right now, I'm NL with layers. Goal: shoulder length by August. Ambitious? Probably, but I'm excited to find out!:grin:

Carolinewtwin how are you mixing your MN or are you applying in straight?

Hi stella, I apply jbco to my scalp then the mn. I'm only applying it to my crown and nape though. i've been applying it x2 a day. There isn't an awful lot in the tube so I'll probably need about 2-3 tubes per month i think.

crystal6002

Newbie here! Would love to get in on this challenge, I just started using MN on Monday.

I mix mine (2%) with:
Coconut oil
Castor oil
Peppermint oil

I am so excited and can't wait to see the results! My starting pic is below!

Last edited:

Miss Monae

Sign me up! I've been wanting to do this for a while and now I have the guts! I will be using it at least 3 times a week (every other day). Thanks for the challenge!!

ETA: I am currently past SL (Not claiming APL yet) and will take a pic this weekend to show exact length.

Here is my concoction:

1 Tube of Family Dollar MN
1 ounce Softee Coconut Oil hairdress
Few drops of Emu Oil
Few drops of Lavender Oil
Few drops of Eucalyptus Oil

I have all of my supplies ready to do and will be mixing tonight. I am so excited! :grin:

Last edited:

LadyAmani

Welcome everyone! just a heads up my laptop broke so i had to send it out to get fixed it will take two weeks to get it back im going to try to come on as much as i can using the family computer :rolleyes: but there is ten people in my house lol so dont think i forgot about you guys!

kitkat2011

I want in, I went and purchase two bottle and I think I messed it up by adding to much oil, it was very runny, I drain the oil out but I was wondering if it is still good or if I should buy another set, this thing is really expensive but I really want my hair to grow. Please help.

Miss Monae

Here is my starting pic (taken fresh this morning):

My mix is ready and I am going in :grin:

Attachments

• DSCN1207.jpg
    DSCN1207.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCN1208.jpg
    DSCN1208.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 22

VirGoViXxEn

Is it too late to join???

i currently use MT/MN mix with JBCO, Coconut Watercrest, Optimum Oil Therapy Moisturizer and whatever other oils i have around. I currently wigging it. I will post apic when my progress tee comes!!!

MT/MN is a greate alterante to OCT in my opinion my new growth is crazy!!!. MT alone made my hair thick but not long. Ovation gave me length but no thickness.

GaiasDaughter24

I found you guys!!! I couldn't find his page. I've subscribed now, though.

My hair is a little over 1 3/4in on the sides and 2 in. on top. I had been using Mega Tek for the past week and I've gained about 1/4 of an inch.

I'm using MN and MT. I applied MN tonight first for the first time and the MT on top of it. My MT is diluted but MN isn't. I think tomorrow I will mix it with EVCO. My MT is mixed with Castor Oil. I'll be applying it every day since I cowash every morning. I'm using Equate 2% from Walmart.

I just took a pic. I'll upload it now.

trendsetta25

got my new bottle of Mega Tek today...im ready to go!!!
like i mentioned before, i'm mixing my MN with MT, Castor Oil and Peppermint oil...LET'S GO!!!!

grow

i am soooo happy!

my mn just arrived today and my mt arrived last week!

ok, now i'm in!

my mt i mix with jbco.
i'm gonna do the same with the mn and start tonight!

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Just finished texlaxing. Starting pic should update below shortly. Mixing mn/mt/wgo. Starting tomorrow.

Miss Monae

Ok, I started using my mix Sunday night (I cheated:ohwell:) and I am telling you no lie I already feel newgrowth coming in. I concentrated on my crown and nape section(s) because those are the places that need extra care. I need to go out and stock up on 6 months worth of MN so that I have no worries :yep::yep:!

Last edited:

joib

Hi ladies, can I still join the challenge? I plan on buying my MN 4% at Rite Aid today.I used MN in the past and had EXCELLENT progress. I was mixing mines with Profective growth lotion (for smell only).