***2010 MN CHALLENGE***

Ruby True

this will be my first challenge. I'll be using Daktarin or Micospec. i'm in Barbados and i think those are the only two brands available. i also ordered megatek so i'll be using that with my MN.

I'm in braids right now so i dont have a starting pic as yet.

HHG ladies.

Hi fellow "bajan"
When I am in Barbados I used micospec. Its like generic monistat and should be fine its 2% MN. I shoulld join the challenge .lol

LadyAmani

Welcome to the challenge new participants!!:yay:

Hey everyone i will make a list of participants by the start date.... HHG Everyone!

CherieMarie

Ok i am so in this challenge!

I am already using a mix of sulphur, MN, coconut oil, and evoo 3x per week...so this challenge is perfect!

Last edited:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Yay!! Finally... I'm definately in!

I'm using 4% and 2% MN, the equate brand and the dollar store brand, mixed in castor oil. I made it up about two weeks ago but I've been slacking when it comes to applying it.. I would like to apply it atleast 4-5 times a week.

starting pics attached...

Is the 4% Equate brand? And is this Walmart? I've only been finding 2%. Where'd ya get it, ma?

chenai

I would like to join. I am currently transitioning and will be in braids all of 2010.
I will be using Daktarin mixed with emu oil.

grow

There is a girl on BHM that uses MN +MT her hair has grown like crazy. This is why i started using it. She is such a sweet heart!http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=237334

hi ladies!
i looked up BHM on the stickies page of lhcf acronyms, but it's not listed:perplexed

ok, found it now....and thanks for posting that link Hair4romheaven!
that is a great progress report and very inspirational, too!
anybody know "where" she got that particular brand from?

hhg ladies!

Last edited:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
So I knew it would happen. DH found MN box in the trash and asked what's up? I think he already knew because he had a smirk on his face. I told him I'm using it in a hair concoction and the chuckles came. He's been so supportive but this was the line that brought the chuckles. He tried to recover when he saw that I was irritated but, too late. So, instead of feeling embarrassed, like I thought, I feel very annoyed. Ah well. It's the price I pay for pursuing my goals. :ohwell:

afrocentric_soul

I am new to MN and have been using it for 2 weeks now. My hair is currently braided, but I am looking to take my braids out this weekend. Can I relax my hair and still use MN? I am also purchasing Mega-tek to add to the regimen; however, I am concerned with putting too many chemicals in my hair. Does anyone have any insight on this situation?

Supervixen

Ladies, how will this mega tek stuff work on a straightened natural? I looked at the young lady's fotki from BHM, but I'm worried if I follow her method, I won't be able to keep my hair straightened very long...

Also, where does one purchase Megatek?

HarySituation

Count me in. Just bought Equate 2% MN from Walmart and will probably add 4% to the mix later on. I'm adding Profectiv Root Recovery Temple Stimulant, Africa's Best Herbal Oil, and Softee Growth Oil. I already started using Mega Tek on my scalp on Febuary 1st. I will be using the MN Mix on my edges and nape only and continuing using the MT on on the rest my scalp. I will use S Curl all over for moisture.

I will not mix both just incase one or the other starts to cause headaches and/or excessive shedding. This will help me fiqure out which is causing any issues....

Last edited:

GaiasDaughter24

I think I'd like to join. I just bc'd on Feb 1st and I think Id lie to try things now while my hair is short, rather than later. I ordered Mega Tek and it should be here this week (it was shipped monday). I need to work out a regimen using both. I'm heading to walmart now to get ink so I'll pick some up. I'll post pics when I get back.

trendsetta25

I just bought 4 boxes of MN (Target sells them for $3.99). I had to explain to the pharmacist why I'm buying so much because I felt the side eye coming.:lachen: After I explained why she said "hmmm i just might try that:yep:"
I also bought a new bottle of MT. I plan on mixing my MN with MT, Castor Oil and Peppermint Oil.

LadyAmani

So I knew it would happen. DH found MN box in the trash and asked what's up? I think he already knew because he had a smirk on his face. I told him I'm using it in a hair concoction and the chuckles came. He's been so supportive but this was the line that brought the chuckles. He tried to recover when he saw that I was irritated but, too late. So, instead of feeling embarrassed, like I thought, I feel very annoyed. Ah well. It's the price I pay for pursuing my goals. :ohwell:

Lol Njoy this story is too funny :lachen:I had to hide my monistat from my SO i bought like 5 boxes of it (it was on sell). If he found it he would be giving me the side eye asking me once going on with my lady parts lol :rolleyes:

hair4romheaven

I get the rite aid brand 3 4% tubes comes in a pack and a small 2% tube as well for 11.99. Now I see on riteaid.com you can get it with free shipping no tax and the first box is 2.50 off.

shopgalore

:lachen:That's funny!

shopgalore

I am using the daktarin 30g 2% mixed with MT, Peppermint oil and a good helping of JBCO, will use everyday.
My Husband just thinks I am nuts Lol!!

Bouncin&Behavin

I'm in!! I will be using the Equate 4% from Wal-Mart. I will most likely mix it with coconut oil or with the Lavender JBCO I ordered last night.

Sonye93

oOOooOoOOO, I am SO in! I use 2% MN with MT and Castor Oil. I am not gonna do it everyday though because I also wanna use my JBCO. So I guess I will do it every other day.

AvaSpeaks

Ok everyone this is my first time starting a challenge so bare with me. :perplexed

This challenge will officially start March 1,2010 that will give time for everyone to get there stuff together, and for any newcomers.

The challenge will end March 1, 2011

Newbies: MN is Miconazole Nitrate which is an anti-fungal found in products like Monistat or Neosporin AF. MN will help with hair growth and any scalp conditions you may have. Google MN for hair growth and you will see hundreds of testimonies for MN and accelerated hair growth, some women have even claimed getting up to two inches at times.

Some women have complained of headaches while using MN straight, if you dilute it with water or oils the headaches should go away if not then stop using it.

MN Challenge Rules:

1. Post a starting pic it doesn't have to be a whole head shot but something that we can compare it to later.

2. Post what brand of MN your using, what mixture your using, and your regimen if you like.

3. You must apply your MN at least 2-3 times a week.

4. Update at least twice a week this way we can help encourage each other not to fall off.

5. Every three months update with a progress pic.

Ok everyone lets aim for 12 inches in one year, Happy Growing!!!:grin:

HERE'S A LINK TO THE FIRST MN THREAD:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=1209

I'm in!! I just brought some more MN today and I have been using it for the past 2 months!! I will post a pic next week before the challenge.

:strong:

LadyAmani

I went out and got my MN yesterday...I'm still not sure what i want to mix it with oil or just some water, im scared oil will effect it some how. I can't wait to start this challenge!

Vintageglam

I went out and got my MN yesterday...I'm still not sure what i want to mix it with oil or just some water, im scared oil will effect it some how. I can't wait to start this challenge!

MN shows increased solubility in oils.

BTW ladies what % of MN cream are you guys adding to your mixes but to avoid the dreaded headaches?

Also is it safe to mix it with MT?