Progress Sept 09-August 10

tomnikids3

How did u achieve the look in the last pic with the big curls? Your hair is so pretty

I used the mesh large white rollers and when i took my hair down i just flat ironed my roots to take the poofiness out. I use the Joico Vaposteam flat iron, its excellent. Since i dont relax as often i just use the flat iron to tame the roots i do not pull it thru the entire length of my hair.

tomnikids3

Your hair is gorgeous! What relaxer do you use and how long do you leave it in?

I use Miziani Butter Blends Regular. Make sure i touch up only the new growth and always t-up the edges last. I leave in for maybe 15 minutes tops

simplyhair

How do you typically dry your hair on a weekly basis? Do you airdry or always rollerset?

Do you skip a moisturizer because you leave the conditioner in for the 3 days?

What do you do to your hair during those 3 days with conditioner? Meaning, do you just leave your hair alone and don't reapply any conditioner & sealing?

Last edited:

tomnikids3

@ the bolded! I had to flip thru the pictures twice to believe it. :yep: You are doing an awesome job!

Actually i was surprised myself, because i have been wearing my hair in a wet bun since May, so when i set it and took down i really was convinced that protecive stylng is key. When i made the decision to buckle down last year and used alot of info here, i didnt expect this progress, but i tried different products to see what worked best, stretched between touch ups longer, used the flat iron only for the roots and DC'ed every week during the winter. Im really anxious now that i have my steamer to see how much more progress i will make.

tomnikids3

How do you typically dry your hair on a weekly basis? Do you airdry or always rollerset?

Do you skip a moisturizer because you leave the conditioner in for the 3 days?

What do you do to your hair during those 3 days with conditioner? Meaning, do you just leave your hair alone and don't reapply any conditioner & sealing?

For the summer i dont dry or should i say it air dries, then in 3-4 days i wash with WEN and put condish back in and leave till the next wash. I put my hair up in a bun right after i put the condish in and for those 3-4 days i gently brush and rebun and i also put some Camiella oil on the ends before i bun. I started this back in early May when the weather got warm. When the weather breaks for the fall in mid-september, then i will go back to rollersetting.