2007 Carrot Juice Challenge!!!!!Are you convinced of the benefits of carrot juice??!!

imstush

I'm in. I'll have to ask my mom to help me, she adds beets to hers (and sometimes white rum;) , I'll ask her to skip that part)

Amour

I love juicing carrots but I found it soo damm hard to keep up with the juicing everyday and washing the juicer.

If I make a big batch and store it in the fridge would I still get the nutrients?

Also can anyone recommend a nice tasting already prepared juice, i brought some a while ago from a health store and it was DISGUISTING to say the least.

I like mixing it with ginger, sometimes with an apple also

divinefavor

Deejoy,

What has been your experience since May 23rd in terms of skin, hair, energy, weight loss/gain (if any)?

scarcity21

THANKS WHIPEFFECT for starting this challenge....i was gonna start a personal challenge of my own that's why i started the thread yesterday asking about the better tasting carrot juices...i tried Odwalla and didnt like....a couple ladies gave me some recommendations which im gonna try out...but like Monica from Big Brother would say ...."IT'S ON!':lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

deejoy

Re: 2007 Carrot Juice Challenge!!!!!Are you convinced of the benefits of carrot juice

divinefavor said:
Deejoy,

What has been your experience since May 23rd in terms of skin, hair, energy, weight loss/gain (if any)?

I definitely have clearer skin, more vibrant hair color, stronger and thicker hair since drinking this. I have more energy as well. I havent seen any weight gain/loss because I'm pretty petite (size 4). My weight has remained the same.

bklynLadee

KissKiss said:
I love juicing carrots but I found it soo damm hard to keep up with the juicing everyday and washing the juicer.

If I make a big batch and store it in the fridge would I still get the nutrients?

Also can anyone recommend a nice tasting already prepared juice, i brought some a while ago from a health store and it was DISGUISTING to say the least.

I like mixing it with ginger, sometimes with an apple also

unfortunately you cant really store fresh juice for long unless its in an airtight container...and that probably wont last too long cause once the juice starts to get dark it wont be good. Its annoying to keep cleaning the juicer but it really is worth it.

i'll give more inofo on that later. i gotta run but i just wanted to let you know.

Anancy

deejoy said:
I've been on this challenge personally since May 3rd. So far so good.

Im in, i need to get back into it. I was doing my own juicing but it does become a hassle. I think this time round i'll buy the juice and just eat some carrots as well.

Deejoy have you been juicing your own carrots or buying ready made juice?

divinefavor

Re: 2007 Carrot Juice Challenge!!!!!Are you convinced of the benefits of carrot juice

deejoy said:
I definitely have clearer skin, more vibrant hair color, stronger and thicker hair since drinking this. I have more energy as well. I havent seen any weight gain/loss because I'm pretty petite (size 4). My weight has remained the same.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience!!! Size 4, gone girl with your bad self!!!:lol:

deejoy

Anancy said:
Im in, i need to get back into it. I was doing my own juicing but it does become a hassle. I think this time round i'll buy the juice and just eat some carrots as well.

Deejoy have you been juicing your own carrots or buying ready made juice?

I buy ready made juice. I plan on buying a juicer soon. I was going to buy a Vitamix until I saw the price so juicer it is!

deejoy

divinefavor said:
Thanks so much for sharing your experience!!! Size 4, gone girl with your bad self!!!:lol:
Holla!:):D:D:D

pattycake0701

Okay so I've been making smoothies and I'll be adding raw carrot to the mix like Trimbride. Will this count? Will I still get the same or similar benefits?

WhipEffectz1

Okay, I'm still drinking my carrot juice. I'm just bumping to see who hasn't fell off yet!:p

divinefavor

I'm still on. I have to make another batch this evening. I upgraded to using regular carrots instead of the baby carrots.

I'm starting to seeing a change in my skin. I'm not sure if it's the carrot juice alone though. I started using biotin, B5 and B50 complex along with my multivitamin as well.

Anancy

I've kinda fallen off already. You see i used to make my own juice, but got tired of all the effort. So i bought ready made juice, and i can't stand the taste, so i think im gna have to go back to my own.

In my own juice i would put apples and ginger in it. I'll start this weekend, for now i've got some carrots i can eat instead.

WhipEffectz1

divinefavor said:
I'm still on. I have to make another batch this evening. I upgraded to using regular carrots instead of the baby carrots.

I'm starting to seeing a change in my skin. I'm not sure if it's the carrot juice alone though. I started using biotin, B5 and B50 complex along with my multivitamin as well.

B-5 is the bizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzomb!!!!!!!!:up: I take b-complex too!

WhipEffectz1

Anancy said:
I've kinda fallen off already. You see i used to make my own juice, but got tired of all the effort. So i bought ready made juice, and i can't stand the taste, so i think im gna have to go back to my own.

In my own juice i would put apples and ginger in it. I'll start this weekend, for now i've got some carrots i can eat instead.

I'm continuing to put celery in mine! I need to look for other combinations that suit my tastes!

SignatureBeauty

I am still in & I still use the Odwalla Brand,I don't have time to juice, but I have to add a shot of Orange Juice in my Mix, so far so good.

divinefavor

I put celery and apple in mine. Sometimes I add a little ginger.

Whip - I bought the B5 based on your post from a few weeks ago. I'm only taking 1000mcg of Biotin, I'm too afraid of getting pimples so I don't think I'lle ever increase the Biotin dosage.

scarcity21

im still in...dont have time to juice evry morning so i drink already made carrot juice....to all the ladies that recommended bolthouse...thanks i like it...still looking to try other brands u suggested:D

alexei

I am in!!!
I need something to bolster my growth.
Since carrot juice is good for overall health (I can testify) this is a great way to go.
Yay :yay: :yay:
I will be using Odwalla organic carrot juice sold in 32oz bottles at the Grocery store for $7. **
This juice is delicious. I have had Bolthouse and this juice beat it hands down. It has a sweet taste to it :lick: & tastes freshly squeezed. Most importantly, It works. :)
Thanks OP this is a great idea. :yep:

WhipEffectz1

alexei said:
I am in!!!
I need something to bolster my growth.
Since carrot juice is good for overall health (I can testify) this is a great way to go.
Yay :yay: :yay:
I will be using Odwalla organic carrot juice sold in 32oz bottles at the Grocery store for $7. **
This juice is delicious. I have had Bolthouse and this juice beat it hands down. It has a sweet taste to it :lick: & tastes freshly squeezed. Most importantly, It works. :)
Thanks OP this is a great idea. :yep:

Thanks dear! Here's to our health and hair growth!!!!

JewelleNY

I'm getting back into my carrot/apple/ginger routine. Soemthing must have worked because I am already at waist length again, on to hip length, my juicer is ready for full steam ahead!!!:D

WhipEffectz1

JewelleNY said:
I'm getting back into my carrot/apple/ginger routine. Soemthing must have worked because I am already at waist length again, on to hip length, my juicer is ready for full steam ahead!!!:D

That's wonderful!! Now let's get back on track!!!

tenderheaded

I started my personal challenge 5/1/07. I drink Bolthouse Farms (3.28 litre at SuperWalmart). I drink 2.64 oz (1/3 cup) every day. I was planning another 18 wk stretch, but I'm 11 wks now and it's thick in there:lol:
Plus, my skin looks GOOD!!!! All radiant and glowing.

I plan to continue until the end of the year.

Cholet112

Im getting a my 1st trim of the year in July and i will be back on my vitamins and carrot juice tonight. I usually drink 8oz of Odwalla. IM IN!

WHIP: What have your results been like?

Last edited:

WhipEffectz1

How's everyone doing? You should be noticing a change in your skin by now!

WhipEffectz1

Cholet112 said:
Im getting a my 1st trim of the year in July and i will be back on my vitamins and carrot juice tonight. I usually drink 8oz of Odwalla. IM IN!

WHIP: What have your results been like?

My skin looks great and my new growth is very thick.

Radianthealth

I went to a raw food class and I was told that my vitamix carrot juice was not sufficient. I think I will pull out the juicer and start making my own juice to enjoy after work.

I can't say that I have noticed a difference but I will continue and I am happy about my new healthy lifestyle.

I can't remember the last time I ate red meat, pork, or chicken. I am doing great!