2007 Carrot Juice Challenge!!!!!Are you convinced of the benefits of carrot juice??!!

WhipEffectz1

Make yourself a believer!!!!!!!! I'm slowly beginning to believe that hair is 80% what you out into it and 20% of how you handle it. I don't know what its going to take to get people to see that healthy hair also starts from the inside and that what we do to it on the outside is a mere compliment. The other thread was getting very long so I decided to start a new one.
Any takers!!!!!!

ETA: I'm very aware of the sugar content of carrots. I cut down sugar in a lot of areas in my life so this isn't going to kill me.

*****************Outline of the Challenge*********************

~1. Drink carrot juice 3-4 times a week. You have a lil room to slack if you don't feel like juicing.

~2. Report on your progress daily, weekly, or monthly!

~3. Sit back, watch, and take control of your beauty and health internally.

~4. This challenge ends on December 31, 2007

ETA: Don't forget to share your different receipes like what you're jucing or mixing with your carrot juice.

Carrot juice is very high in beta-carotene, and is a cancer-fighting agent. Beta-carotene is a pigment substance found in plants that can often form into vitamin A. Vitamin A helps to promote growth for visual light and color, prevents drying of the skin and eyes, helps maintain the digestive system and urinary tracts, as well as enhances the fight towards bacterial infection. Vitamin A may also be an aid in helping to prevent certain forms of cancer. If you do not receive enough vitamin A, it may cause symptoms including: night blindness, poor growth, dry skin, and xerophthalmia or dry eye. The vitamin A from freshly juiced carrots is very important for women who are pregnant. They need to build up and maintain the health of their own body, as well as the new developing child. Even after the baby is born, it is still imperative that fresh carrot juice is kept in the daily diet for the mother nursing the child.

Carrot juice may also be used to cleanse to liver and excrete fats and bile from the body. The liver is capable of storing large quantities of vitamin A over a period of years to be called upon when needed. In order to keep this surplus at an adequate point, an ample daily intake should be provided. For example, an 8-ounce glass of fresh carrot juice will provide an average of 50,000 or more units of vitamin A. In this form the daily requirements and adds to the surplus accumulated to meet any emergency.

Another vitamin contained in carrot juice is vitamin E. This vitamin appears in three forms, known chemically as alpha-, beta-, and gamma-tocopherol, and commonly known as the vitamin E complex. In animal experimentation, vitamin E has been found to affect reproduction. When foods bearing this vitamin were fed to animals that had failed to reproduce, their sterility was overcome.

WheatgrassCarrots also carry other vitamins such as B, C, D, E, and K, and minerals like calcium, phosphorous, potassium, sodium, and traces of protein. Juicing your carrots will help to promote healthier hair, skin, and nails.

Because of its rich vitamin and mineral content--and other valuable nutrients--the daily diet should be fortified with the protective and healthful benefits of carrot juice. It can be taken alone, or combined with other fruit and vegetables juices.

Anyone looking to immediately improve their general health, or treat specific maladies should look first to the delightfully bright orange drink made by a quality juicer. Vegetables are themselves a vital part of any diet, and one of the most vitamin rich of these is the carrot.

Last edited:

frostydoll

Re: 2007 Carrot Juice Challenge!!!!!Are you convinced of the benefits of carrot juice

I'm interested and I sent you a PM.

ETA: I just got your answer. I think I'm in but can I start in 2 weeks. When I can actually afford to go grocery shopping?

Lady Esquire

Good thread! I just started my vit regimen about three weeks ago and my skin is already looking better. When I was growing up, my mom juiced all of the time...carrots, guava, papaya, grenadine...more island fruits but her skin is flawless to this very day.

I was planning on adding flaxseed oil to my regimen, so I will just add it into my carrot juice. ;)

WhipEffectz1

Re: 2007 Carrot Juice Challenge!!!!!Are you convinced of the benefits of carrot juice

Divine Inspiration said:
I just finished a bottle of carrot juice not long ago. :D What are the specs of this challenge?

Sorry, let me go back and outline it in my original post!

honeybadgirl

i'm very interested. i love to juice carrots but always get lazy with it. i love carrot juice. is there any easier way? like is there a juice on the market that is just a "pure" as when i juice myself? maybe i'll just eat carrots with my meals. what does anyone think?

Maynard

I have been juicing carrots and I am sick of it. I dont know if you ladies in Stone Mountain have been buying up all the Bolthouse Farms, but I wish you would save some for me....

WhipEffectz1

smitge said:
I have been juicing carrots and I am sick of it. I dont know if you ladies in Stone Mountain have been buying up all the Bolthouse Farms, but I wish you would save some for me....

Hahaha!! When I get tired of juicing, I go to Wal-Mart or Target and buy some Bolthouse. Granted that juicing is more healthier, I sometimes forget to juice and having a bottle or two in the fridge keeps me from slacking off. I'm currently in a
un-juicing mode. I should be back to juicing by next week. I need time off!!!:p

WhipEffectz1

honeybadgirl said:
i'm very interested. i love to juice carrots but always get lazy with it. i love carrot juice. is there any easier way? like is there a juice on the market that is just a "pure" as when i juice myself? maybe i'll just eat carrots with my meals. what does anyone think?

Try Bolthouse or Odwalla. Plus, there are brands at your local health store which might be a tad bit higher in cost.

WhipEffectz1

locabouthair said:
ive been wanting to do this for a while. but i was always scared i'd OD on the carrot juice.

I would do nothing over 10 ounces a day but thats just me. This is what I am drinking now.

locabouthair

WhipEffectz1 said:
I would do nothing over 10 ounces a day but thats just me. This is what I am drinking now.

i meant to say OD on vitamin A.

but drinking this would definitely satisfy my sugar cravings and then i could leave the bad sugars alone.

Divine Inspiration

WhipEffectz1 said:
*****************Outline of the Challenge*********************

~1. Drink carrot juice 3-4 times a week. You have a lil room to slack if you don't feel like juicing.

~3. Report on your progress daily, weekly, or monthly!

~4. Sit back, watch, and take control of your beauty and health internally.

~5. This challenge ends on December 31, 2007

What's #2? :confused:

I'll join in. I do this anyway so it should be easy. I'll alternate doing aloe vera juice and carrot juice every day. I'll make Christmas my day to report. :yay:

WhipEffectz1

Divine Inspiration said:
What's #2? :confused:

I'll join in. I do this anyway so it should be easy. I'll alternate doing aloe vera juice and carrot juice every day. I'll make Christmas my day to report. :yay:

That was a typo!

WhipEffectz1

smitge said:
I'm in. Aloe Vera Juice? What does that taste like?

I would like to know this as well!

deejoy

I got my Bolthouse right in front of me now!

SignatureBeauty

Okay I am in I have Odwalla, I read somewhere that we were suppose to Drink 2oz. per day? is that correct? or is it 8oz? I have some Aloe vera Juice and it taste like that kids Pedialite YUCK!! It has no taste so maybe you could mix it, I just take it to the head, but it isn't that Bad though LOL!!!

Divine Inspiration

smitge said:
I'm in. Aloe Vera Juice? What does that taste like?

It tastes like really watered down lemonade...that's the best way I know to describe it. It has its own special taste...it's kind of bitter, but it's not unbearable, IMO.

Sometimes I do a 2 or 3 oz. shot...other times I mix more into organic cranberry juice or a fruit smoothie.

divinefavor

I'm joining in on this challenge! I've been juicing carrots off and on for a while but never remain consistent. Mainly because I get tired of all of the juicing. But, I've learned to make it in batches and I think it stays good for about 3 days in the fridge. I started yesterday with drinking two ounces. My carrot juice right now consist of baby carrots, celery and a little bit of apple. Next time I think I will add a little ginger root to it.

Is there a difference in the benefits with using baby carrots as oppose to regular sized carrots?

WhipEffectz1

divinefavor said:
I'm joining in on this challenge! I've been juicing carrots off and on for a while but never remain consistent. Mainly because I get tired of all of the juicing. But, I've learned to make it in batches and I think it stays good for about 3 days in the fridge. I started yesterday with drinking two ounces. My carrot juice right now consist of baby carrots, celery and a little bit of apple. Next time I think I will add a little ginger root to it.

Is there a difference in the benefits with using baby carrots as oppose to regular sized carrots?

Don't quote me on this but I read somewhere that baby carrots are already peeled and its not as nutritious as regular size carrots. I will try to find the article that mentioned that.

divinefavor

Ok, great, thanks Whipz!! That's good to know, then I'll go out on my lunch break and buy regular carrots and then eat baby carrots for a snack.

So, is the nutrition in the skin of the carrot? I've used regular carrots before once (about 4weeks ago), but because I still didn't trust the cleanliness of them even after washing them a few times, I ended up peeling the skin off before putting them in the juicer. :perplexed:

WhipEffectz1

divinefavor said:
Ok, great, thanks Whipz!! That's good to know, then I'll go out on my lunch break and buy regular carrots and then eat baby carrots for a snack.

So, is the nutrition in the skin of the carrot? I've used regular carrots before once (about 4weeks ago), but because I still didn't trust the cleanliness of them even after washing them a few times, I ended up peeling the skin off before putting them in the juicer. :perplexed:

Yes, I've been told that it good for you to get veggie scrubber and not take to it with the knife as the nutrients are in the skin also. I will dig this up and post it in this thread later on today.

cicilypayne

I was doing great on this challenge but slacked off last week. I'm in it again with my Bolthouse I'm way too lazy to juice.:lol:

divinefavor

WhipEffectz1 said:
Yes, I've been told that it good for you to get veggie scrubber and not take to it with the knife as the nutrients are in the skin also. I will dig this up and post it in this thread later on today.

I used a vegetable peeler.

I've never seen a vegetable scrubber before, where can I purchase one of those?

WhipEffectz1

divinefavor said:
I used a vegetable peeler.

I've never seen a vegetable scrubber before, where can I purchase one of those?

I got mine from Wal-Mart!

tapioca_pudding

Ooou Im in! Im really believe that your outside reflects how you care for your inside.. I hope that made sense!

I dont have a juicer so Ill have to do the Bolthouse. I think theyre pretty natural tho. Maybe one day Ill get a juicer but right now, Bolthouse is fine for me. Ill prolly update monthly. Great challenge!

Radianthealth

I have a vitamix. I have been vitamixing 1 medium carrot, 1 cup spinach, $ 1/4 cup blueberries with soy protein. It makes a wonderful juice or smoothie. I drink this 4 times/week for the last 2-3 weeks. I will continue to drink it because it tastes great:)