• Hot Tools

Votes: 10 9.6%
  • Other-PLEASE specify

Votes: 13 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MizaniMami

Hey Ladies,
I have been hogging the boards today (hehe) but I promise this is my last post. I am looking for a new hooded dryer. Which leads me to ask. What dryer (hooded only) are the best? Quickest drying time and makes hair silky. I heard about the pibbs, but i am experiencing "insufficient funds" right now but I need one while I am saving up for this one. Post away ladies.

balisi

I'm not sure how much the Pibbs costs, but Conair makes a very good hooded dryer that retails between $89 - $129, depending on where you purchase it. It has comfortable temperature settings, is on casters so you can roll it about, and the height is adjustable. I have an Ion (hot pink) that I absolutely hate so I can't recommend that.

billyne

okay....so i know it's kinda ghetto to have one in your house but--:look: i have a full sized salon dryer that i got for 50 bucks from a salon that was going out of business---works real good too!

SexySin985

billyne said:
okay....so i know it's kinda ghetto to have one in your house but--:look: i have a full sized salon dryer that i got for 50 bucks from a salon that was going out of business---works real good too!

LOL, my aunt has 2..... and 1 of them doesn't work but she refuses to throw it away.

so1913

billyne said:

Lucky you, I'd love to have one of those!

ayoung

Well--I can't really compare b/c I have only used one brand---but I have a Gold N Hot and I did a rollerset this week end and my hair came out soft & silky.

It has like 3-4 temps. and it wasn't that expensive.

Nita81

billyne said:

My mother still has a big red one from the late 70's early 80's. I use it too:sekret:

ThinNnappy

I only tried the salon and my conair in my life...so i cant say its the best
My conair cost like $35-$40 at kmart, low is not that hot, and it takes a while for high to get extremely hot like a salon, but its good for me because i dont like all that heat:D

albane

I choose Others in the Poll as I never experienced the Pibbs, but only european brands of hood dryer. My Artem is a perfect choice. In the salon, I often dried under a Paramount hood dryer. The Artem has a slightly wider opening, which is a benefit for going under with my big rollerset.

tocthesunrise

i have one of those too. Very space-saving and does a great job :grin:

I received my ION soft bonnet in the mail yesterday (after seeing the reviews on LHCF). Washed and wrapped with Lacio. Results? Beautiful!!! I love it....my family does to....got lots of laughs...but its all worth it!!:yep:

la929

I purchased an ION soft bonnet from ebay, haven't used it yet, but I am a traveling auditor, so I needed something I could take with me out on the road. I will test it out this weekend.

My home dryer is a ...uuummm...can't remember the name,let me see if I can find a pic..

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-Tools-IONIC...ryZ67571QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

hot tools ionic hood dryer...it has a large hood which accomadetes large rollers, drys really fast and I love it.

I also have a conair from Kmart...I will probably sell or give that one away though...only used it like 3 or 4 times.

MrsHouston

Girl my sister has one of those too... also got for $50 at salon going out of business...it has attached chair and everything. It's comfortable to sit in and has arms.

not ghetto...a GREAT find.

I have the pibbs 540 and love it

lilsparkle825

http://www.sallybeauty.com/ion-ionic-hard-hat-dryer/SBS-303079,default,pd.html?cgid=BUYNOW01-02

i have that one. the pink ion one. i think it was 40 bucks but me and my mom wanted another one cause we have been using her lady schick (i think) one from the 70s for the longest time, i sh*t you not. i hate it just cause it's not big enough and the front doesn't seem to raise too high so i feel like my eyebrows are frying even after i adjust it.

i want a pibbs...but i know if i ask for it for christmas that's ALL i'll get. lol! maybe i can find a salon dryer on sale on craigslist or ebay.

back2relaxed

I have the Conair Rollabout from Sallys...and I love it. I have had a hard hat tabletop forever and just got tired of only being able to dry my hair at my desk so I could use my adjustable office chair...so I finally invested in the dryer I wanted last June. It works great, gets really hot...dries quickly and its small so you can store it in a closet or a corner.

I have been to salons that use the Pibbs and it does get extremely hot. And the circular airflow is nice, but the price is not!

If you want to save a little money go to Sallys. I think mine was about 120.00.