Best kind of hooded dryer for rollersetting

zzirvingj

I should probably know the answer to this but I don't lol

Please don't tell me I need to get an expensive Pibbs, either lol :look: Although, if it's what I need, I will get one...eventually...I guess lol

But what do you look for when buying a hooded dryer? I want one that's going to keep my hair healthy, and I understand the type of heat is important. So does that mean I need an "ionic" hooded dryer? Is there even such a thing? :spinning:

People will say the Pibbs because it has a superior upward air flow, hence making the drying process quicker, but essentially I think most of the free standing dryers are fine. Just look for one with a decent heat level, what MilkChocolate has posted looks fine.

Try Sally Beauty. They usually offer free shipping on dryers. I owned the Babybliss Lro Ionic dryer from there. It cost $99. It worked great! I have since updated to the Venus dryer from Sally's. It's $199, but the difference in quality is huge!!! Dries much faster and even than the Baby Bliss. My hubby just bought me the Pibbs Dryer chair and now I have a mini dryer station! I do plan to treat myself and upgrade to a Pibbs dryer when I hit APL.

I'd get something Pibbs like...salonrus

I have a Pibbs and I love it, but there are cheaper ones with the upward air flow that are probably just as good.

i just ordered the one from salonsrus - researched for about 2 weeks - and it was between this one and the pibbs which is 3x the price - decided to try this one and if i dont like it,send it back and get the pibbs. i will report back when i get it and use it a bit.

Back