Pls help me find this magical growth product

Blaque*Angel

hey ladies,

my "friend" had bra strap hair in November 05 which wasn't really so healthy now it is January, she is 5inches past bra strap, her hair never usually grows so fast,it has thickened,looks blacker and so soft.
so i ask her her hair regime! LOL
She tells me she washes and conditions once a week with elasta qp, moisturises with some new product that helps grow hair!
i complimented her and ask her for the product name, she tells me the writing has crumbled off the packaging but she cannot remember the name... i thought that was genuine!
i've asked her twice more about the product and she says "i cant remember but jojoba oil is the main ingredient!"
she bought another bottle last week, i ask her again today the product name, she says she cant remember.
i'm not about to run her down for the name of this "magic growth potion" i dont know why someone you've known all your life can act so shady!!!
its obvious she knows the name of the product she puts on her hair daily!!!!!
and to think i advise her constantly about hair care....not fair.....:( :mad:

SparklingFlame

wantlonghealthyhair said:
hey ladies,

my "friend" had bra strap hair in November 05 which wasn't really so healthy now it is January, she is 5inches past bra strap, her hair never usually grows so fast,it has thickened,looks blacker and so soft.
so i ask her her hair regime! LOL
She tells me she washes and conditions once a week with elasta qp, moisturises with some new product that helps grow hair!
i complimented her and ask her for the product name, she tells me the writing has crumbled off the packaging but she cannot remember the name... i thought that was genuine!
i've asked her twice more about the product and she says "i cant remember but jojoba oil is the main ingredient!"
she bought another bottle last week, i ask her again today the product name, she says she cant remember.
i'm not about to run her down for the name of this "magic growth potion" i dont know why someone you've known all your life can act so shady!!!
its obvious she knows the name of the product she puts on her hair daily!!!!!
and to think i advise her constantly about hair care....not fair.....:( :mad:

WOW!!! Sounds like she doesn't want your hair to be long or she doesn't want you to enjoy the same benefits/results that she is enjoying. Some friend!

HoneyDew

naturallady said:
WOW!!! Sounds like she doesn't want your hair to be long or she doesn't want you to enjoy the same benefits/results that she is enjoying. Some friend!

I agree. How can you forget the name of something you just bought a 2nd time. :confused:

wantlonghealthyhair, there are other products that can do the same for your hair, too. don't even bother dealing with her.

My cousin and I were just talking about this. Her friend gets her hair done at some salon and her hair is always beautiful. My cousin has been trying to find a new stylist and has asked this girl several times and she keeps saying she cannot remember the number. Then she told my cousin to call her OLD stylist. :confused:

Haters!

Thank goodnees we don't have the problem on this board.

PoisedNPolished

Wow that is shady :cool: Maybe you need to ask to use her restroom and do a little research if ya know what I mean. Then come back to the board and share with us :lol:

MissYocairis

HoneyDew said:
I agree. How can you forget the name of something you just bought a 2nd time. :confused:

My cousin and I were just talking about this. Her friend gets her hair done at some salon and her hair is always beautiful. My cousin has been trying to find a new stylist and has asked this girl several times and she keeps saying she cannot remember the number. Then she told my cousin to call her OLD stylist. :confused:

Thank goodnees we don't have the problem on this board.

ITA! Years ago, my cousin grew her hair to brastrap length using pine tar oil conditioning pre-poos and various other techniques like wrapping, satin scarves everynight and protective buns 3 weeks out of each month, never using a blow dryer, always doing a wrap when it was to be worn down, she also was drinking gelatin powder mixed with water.
But, when you would ask her, "how did you grow your hair this long this quick" her response was always, "prenatal vitamins girl".The sistas are COMPETITIVE!!
:ohwell:

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I say pay her a visit at her home and then ram shack her beauty supply closet, dresser, and cabinets, by any means neccessary and bring us the name of that magical growth product. lol :lachen:
But seriously it could be MTG, or WGO. whatever it is I would love to know, keep us posted.

Blaque*Angel

LOL, at searching through her stuff...but that is a good idea :D
i doubt its MTG though.
I have WGHO and MTG so i better start using it up properly...
i'll keep you all updated but i doubt i'll ever find it!!!
:mad:

CurliDiva

qtgirl said:
I hate when ppl. act like this, can't we all have long beautiful hair?[/quote]

Like she wants to be the only LONG-haired one in your circle.

But, it sounds like she does not want you to have IT, so stop giving her any more hair tips. You don't want that kind of negative energy from a co-called friend! :cool:

I don't agree about going through her stuff. I keep my hair products in my bedroom (not bathroom) closet due to space- so this would not work if someone wanted to find my stash of MTG! :D

foxybrownsugar

I agree with the other ladies. I would not give her any haircare tips. :ohwell: She probably is using WGHO and/or MTG. Other haircare boards have been talking about these 2 products too or someone may have told her about one or both of them.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
wantlonghealthyhair said:
so i ask her her hair regime!

Her hair grew 5 inches in less than 2 1/2 months and appears to be a different texture and color? The magic product you seek is called 'weave'.

*Frisky*

JCoily said:
Her hair grew 5 inches in less than 2 1/2 months and appears to be a different texture and color? The magic product you seek is called 'weave'.

hahahahaha....you are probably right JCoily...has anyone heard of growing 2 inches a hair in a month? maybe 1 inch but 2 sounds highly unlikely.

LaNecia

JCoily said:

:lol: That was my first thought but who knows?!

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
I don't want to harp on the topic, but for real, with all the PJ's worldwide on this board, if there was a product that could pull off what this 'friend' has achieved, somebody here would have found it.

I vote weave because it explains the length, change in texture and color in the period of time AND the friends secretiveness about the product. She's probably had to cut off her hair because of damage and is embarrassed about weaving it up.

*Frisky*

Have you ever did a weave test on her or touched her hair? She might have a caniption with a bonnet on it if you try and touch it...that will be the tell-all....

Sistaslick

yeah weave is getting harder and harder to differentiate from the real stuff these days. Weave-ticians are some pretty clever people. Just run your hand up the back side of her head and see what she's workin' with.:lachen:

Nahhh, girl I'm just joking. that kinda thing might get you cut or backhanded:lol:

As to the magical growth product, I am with Jcoily... if the hair boards haven't found it. It probably ain't out there.:lol:

blazingthru

I agree, There is more to the story. I wouldn't consider her my friend either, when we discover new things we do want to share it with a friend like you have done with sharing with her, your hair care regiment and techniques. I thought my sister was in the same wagon as me but she told me you talk about hair to much I don't want to talk about it anymore. I hadn't seen her since Thanksgiving but I got the clue. She has collarbone length and doesn't care if it gets longer or shorter. But I have never had hair the lenght as her and I am growing mines out and I am excited about it and she was the only one I though I could share all that I have learned but evidently she isn't. I have learned to keep it to myself unless someone ask me.

Chinagem

Wouldn't it be funny if your friend had secretly joined this forum? She's probably using mtg or monistat, etc on her hair and is too ashamed to tell you. Does she know that you are a member of this forum?

blackbarbie

:grin: at the idea of raiding her closet................and
:grin::grin: even more at the thought that it's probably a weave!!!

I was just going to say that if you did decide to raid her stash, just make sure whatever you touch when you go in her bathroom is stable so everything doesn't come crashing down on you and you expose yourself!!:lachen:(I think it's a Southwest airlines commercial to that effect where the girl is in the guys bathroom, goes in his medicine cabinet, it falls and she gets busted)

But the thought of the weave sounds very possible b/c if the potion was so "magical" and produced amazing results like that I am sure someone here would have stumbled across it. And can you imagine that the place that's selling it to her is only selling it to HER and no one else on any of the boards has come across it???

I say do a touch test (yeah, I know it's rude, but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do!) and if she starts to run from you like her pants are on fire it's because (1) she's a liar, they probably are on fire! and (2) you aint feeling up on her weave she bought and paid for!!!

Not saying there is anything wrong with having a weave but she could at least be honest about it since you are offering up tips and all.......

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Chinagem said:
Wouldn't it be funny if your friend had secretly joined this forum? She's probably using mtg or monistat, etc on her hair and is too ashamed to tell you. Does she know that you are a member of this forum?

I was just thinking the same thing. Maybe she is using other growth products like frenchee, sulfur 8, etc. Forget her regime and re-discover yr own....then keep the secret from her!;)

Ebony

if she's your friend, why don't you just call her out & ask her why she's lying about not remembering the name of the product? or, call her when you KNOW she's home & ask her right there on the spot the name? what can her excuse possibly be at that point if she's surely in her house? you can call her out as a liar when she makes up a crazy excuse at this point.

Sistaslick

Chinagem said:

Well if she was, I'm sure we'd see a "Someone accused me of having a weave" or "Somebody ran their grubby fingers up the back of my head" thread poppin' up here pretty soon:lol: :lachen: :lol:

bluediamond0829

I say do a quick check in her bathroom or bedroom if she allows you and just be careful...and see and then come back and report it to us...lol..i know i do that at close friends homes...i mean when i go to their bathroom i smell her different perfumes and then if i want to know i will ask what the name of the perfume is if its not on the bottle...she doesnt seem to mind u know....

blessed

marie170 said:
Have you ever did a weave test on her or touched her hair? She might have a caniption with a bonnet on it if you try and touch it...that will be the tell-all....
thats funny i was thinking the same thing!:lol:

brownsugar9999

JCoily said:
I don't want to harp on the topic, but for real, with all the PJ's worldwide on this board, if there was a product that could pull off what this 'friend' has achieved, somebody here would have found it.

I vote weave because it explains the length, change in texture and color in the period of time AND the friends secretiveness about the product. She's probably had to cut off her hair because of damage and is embarrassed about weaving it up.
Girlll...PJ to the max here!!! I haven't heard of anything, but heck...who am I? I'm curious as to what this 'mysterious potion" is myself. Personally, I thing the multi-vits along w/ MTG is my successor, but you have ot be working on the inside as well as the out...

Cincysweetie

JCoily said:
LOL THANK YOU!!! I was wondering why no one else noticed the fact that her hair grew that much in 2.5 months. Come on now. There is no magical hair growth product!!!!!

Blaque*Angel

CurliDiva said:
I don't agree about going through her stuff. I keep my hair products in my bedroom (not bathroom) closet due to space- so this would not work if someone wanted to find my stash of MTG! :D

CurliDiva, lol you sound just like me!!! my 5 32oz bottles of MTG is locked safely in my bedroom!
my family would think i am mad if i told them about using a horse product!:lol:

Blaque*Angel

i know a weave when i see one JCoily :grin: It is her own hair, it appears that her new "moisturiser" has simply made her hair darker, longer and fuller