What makes your hair shine?

nadz

I've found that my evoo/coconut oil/jojoba oil mix is always a winner for me for shine. Second to that is NTM serum.

hth

PrettyBrownEyes

What gives my hair great shine is : Motions Herbals sheen enhancing oil sheen spray. Its in a pump bottle, and it smells good, and gives softness as well.

foxybrownsugar

PrettyBrownEyes said:
What gives my hair great shine is : Motions Herbals sheen enhancing oil sheen spray. Its in a pump bottle, and it smells good, and gives softness as well.
Yeah, this does smell so good. I've smelled some good oil sheens but this is def. the best so far. My sis uses it and when she does I smell her sweet scent all down the hall even before I hit her bedroom door. ETA: adding this to my list.

Last edited:

yokourt

Today it's Black Sassy HOT SHEEN. I've had it for a long time, maybe 3 years, a full jar. I used after air dry while I flat ironed and then threw in some rods. BOY, what a difference that made :grin:

brownsugar9999

EbonyEyes said:
LOL...There's something about that cold water.

OOOOOOOOO WEEEEEEE. let's you know ou're REALLLLY taking one for your hair!!!!! You MUST care about your hair if you take this kind of torture!!!

MissYocairis

Deep conditioning with Alter Ego Hot Oil Treatment,blow-drying with Salerm 21 as a leave-in and flat-ironing with BioSilk Silk Therapy.

BerrySweet

soslychic said:
What brand of rinse do you use berrysweet? :)
I tried Jazzing and Sebastien clear rinses. I used Sebastien coffeebean (dark brown) when I used color. The clear ones did nothing for me. I heard they would better over color though.

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

Clarifying
Glycerin added to hair products
Carrier oils added to conditioners & hair products
Honey added to deep condtioners
Fantasia Ic hair polisher
NTM serum
WGO

Last edited:

angelbaby

Giovanni Silicone Mist
Elucence Protective Barrier Balm (makes my hair hard though)
CB Smoothe Molding Creme (I wish Irby's would put it up on their site to order though)
EVOO- This stuff is incredible. Shine and Softness. Not too greasy when you put it on dripping wet hair and use a superabsorbent towel to dry.

LikeNoOther

Sebastian Potion 9
Chi Flat Iron
Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum
A good hair oil i.e. Olive Oil, Keracare Essential, etc
A good conditioner i.e. Humecto

PrettyBrownEyes

foxybrownsugar said:
Yeah, this does smell so good. I've smelled some good oil sheens but this is def. the best so far. My sis uses it and when she does I smell her sweet scent all down the hall even before I hit her bedroom door. ETA: adding this to my list.

Its some good stuff! You don't need to use a lot either. If you spray some on before putting on your scarf at night, in the morning your hair will have softness, and very nice shine. At least that has been my experience.

kitkat3ny

HarmonySD said:
I have a method that makes my hair airdry with the shine locked in, which can look more natural than using an oil sheen or traditional moisturizer. After washing conditioning, leave-in, and combing, while my hair is still wet-ish I put a ton of NTM Shine Serum on all of my hair focusing on the outer layers, put it in a bun/ponytail and the shiny-ness of the serum literally dries right into my hair. The key is to have thoroughly combed and detangled your hair before you load up on the serum. I've gotten tons of compliments on hair shiny-ness from it....little do they know hehe, there's natural shine in there too but its mostly the serum :lol:

This is exactly what I do on a daily basis. The NTM Shine Serum is excellent!

lala

Jojoba oil/Sabino's Moisture Block, I'm thinking about trying Phytospecific Extreme Shine Spray to see if it adds shine...