co-worker's shiny, soft hair...

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
co-worker\'s shiny, soft hair...

Her hair is always beautiful though. She keeps it looking nice, roller wraps, etc. Her staple is the Keracare line.

But today, she told me to feel her hair which was feeling extra soft and looking extra shiny. She said she'd used Aveda Elixir
smile.gif

So, what do you guys know about this product?!?!

Re: co-worker\'s shiny, soft hair...

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
Her hair is always beautiful though. She keeps it looking nice, roller wraps, etc. Her staple is the Keracare line.

But today, she told me to feel her hair which was feeling extra soft and looking extra shiny. She said she'd used Aveda Elixir
smile.gif

So, what do you guys know about this product?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]
uh oh....more temptation....loggin off now
lachen70.gif

LMAO.
I believe my stylist put that in my hair before she flat ironed it. The results were my previous av (with the white tshirt). Absolutely SOFT and shiny hair.
smile.gif

I used several products from the Aveda line a few years back (including Aveda Elixir. I liked that it was a creamy leave-in, but I could not stand the scent.

I'm going to get this! I just did a search and it sounds really good! Also, I visited Aveda's website to read more about it.

Girl, what are you talking about--I'm already a PJ
laugh.gif

I'm probably not going to get this product though...

I thought DB had cured you but you're falling off the wagon. I'm trying to stay on the wagon, I have so many products, I'll never use them all.

Aveda Elixir is a staple in my regimen now as much as I hate to like an Aveda product (their relaxer tore my hair out for those of you who don't know). This Aveda Elixir works wonders on my natural hair. It makes my hair pliable, smooth, detangled, and gives great shine. I happen to LOVE the smell of it! I use this product everyday.

My morning routine is to take Aveda Elixir and spread it all over the top and back of my hair. Then I smooth my hair into a ponytail with my fine tooth comb. After that, I apply a little gel to set put on my scarf then later take off my scarf and apply a little pomade for more shine.

Aveda Elixir for relaxed hair...Hmm....I don't know. I like it better on my natural hair and pretty much avoid putting it on my relaxed hair. Just doesn't seem to work as well there for some reason.

Supergirl - is your co-worker relaxed or natural?

She's transitioning like YOU! (but has mostly relaxed hair still on her head)

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
Aveda Elixir is a staple in my regimen now as much as I hate to like an Aveda product (their relaxer tore my hair out for those of you who don't know). This Aveda Elixir works wonders on my natural hair. It makes my hair pliable, smooth, detangled, and gives great shine. I happen to LOVE the smell of it! I use this product everyday.

My morning routine is to take Aveda Elixir and spread it all over the top and back of my hair. Then I smooth my hair into a ponytail with my fine tooth comb. After that, I apply a little gel to set put on my scarf then later take off my scarf and apply a little pomade for more shine.

Aveda Elixir for relaxed hair...Hmm....I don't know. I like it better on my natural hair and pretty much avoid putting it on my relaxed hair. Just doesn't seem to work as well there for some reason.

Supergirl - is your co-worker relaxed or natural?

[/ QUOTE ]

dang another product....SOLD...cant believe its Aveda either...Hairlove i didnt know it was Aveda relaxer that did that...now im even more mad at them....
mad.gif
, i'll protest after i try the elixer you just sold me on
smile.gif

Irresistible...this product isn't that expensive either. You can get a large bottle for $16 which is what I bought this past weekend. There's also the regular sized bottle for $9. I ended up trying this product b/c to compensate for tearing my hair out, I was able to pick out some free products and I picked 2 bottles of Elixir b/c one of my hair idols uses it. Otherwise, I wouldn't have ever tried it.

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
Irresistible...this product isn't that expensive either. You can get a large bottle for $16 which is what I bought this past weekend. There's also the regular sized bottle for $9. I ended up trying this product b/c to compensate for tearing my hair out, I was able to pick out some free products and I picked 2 bottles of Elixir b/c one of my hair idols uses it. Otherwise, I wouldn't have ever tried it.

[/ QUOTE ]

well girl im glad they did SOMETHING after that...im still gonna tell them bout that anti humectant though ...but i will forgive them
laugh.gif
and try the elixir cause you said its good and i trust that it is , if you said so.

Definitely try to return the anti humectant if you can. I think they would take it back. And please let me know how you like the elixir which if you haven't gathered from my post works well on dry hair as it does on wet hair.
smile.gif

Supergirl - are you going to give the Elixir a try?

I did give it a second chance on my relaxed hair a week or so ago and it wasn't so bad but I'm still careful. Let me know what you decide and how it turns out.

That elixir sounds really good!!! I just put it on my list..
lachen70.gif

[ QUOTE ]
RushGirl said:
That elixir sounds really good!!! I just put it on my list..
lachen70.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
some folks should be in the selling hair products business i swear

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
Definitely try to return the anti humectant if you can. I think they would take it back. And please let me know how you like the elixir which if you haven't gathered from my post works well on dry hair as it does on wet hair.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ] i will do all of the above girl ...its sounds kewl

I use it on my hair...sometimes mix it with their be culry when wearing hair out...helps hair be soft...recently used it on a rollerset with lottabody cream wrap and my hair came out the BOMB!

You can also buy this in the 1.7 ounce travel size for $3.50. The Aveda website also states that you can mix this with the Phomollient styling foam. Has anyone tried this combination? What were your results?

Back