Natural Hair Friendly Extensions Thread

Smiley79

Natural Hair Friendly Extensions Thread

Just sharing some hair that I ordered from AliExpress…I know a lot of us natural heads are always looking for some extensions that can blend easily with our natural hair. :yep:

Details

Hair: Mongolian Kinky Curly

Vendor: AliExpress (Queen Hair Promotions)

Link:http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...e-Instock-factory-price/326651_746040712.html

Length: 14 & 16 inches

Qty: 2 bundles

Used: 1¾ bundles (I think I could have gotten away with 1 ¼ or 1 ½ bundles)

Install: This is a full sew in with no hair left out.

Description:
The hair is very soft and manageable; although it isn’t coarse in texture, it isn't silky or plastic looking (it reminds me of MahoganyCurls type hair), it does mimic 4a/4b hair with its fullness, volume and strength. There's no cheap shine, it has a semi dull look to it which makes it look more natural.
When I washed it there was no residue, bugs, nits, or anything gross. There was no odor either.
You can do just about anything with this hair and it behaves beautifully. A spray bottle with your favorite conditioner or leave in is sufficient for this hair…Put a Denman brush to it and watch the gorgeous curls just POP! I did try a twist out but unfortunately it didn’t dry completely in the morning so it was a flop, lol! I have not colored this hair (yet) and I do not have any plans on straightening this hair.

Customer Service: The vendor was very kind and my order came in a reasonable amount of time (within 5-7 days); they answered my email promptly when I had a question and my order came correctly, no issues. I think the hair is priced EXCELLENT, good value for the product.

If you have any questions, let me know. I just installed this hair on August 2 so I'm still in the early stage of seeing how it goes. But I will use this thread to give updates.

Last edited:

ikandi87

So pretty! Ill have to check it out!

I cant post a pic from my phone but ill edit later with pics of my kinky straight lace front turn upart.

Smiley79

Oh yes!!! great, because next on my list is to get some Kinky Straight hair but I haven't decided on a vendor yet.

ImanAdero

Thanks for the specs! I'm interested to see how this hair holds up over time too!

It looks great though!

CocoGlow

Smiley79 ... Lovely!!

I have a synthetic Kinky-Curly Half Wig (Vanessa Brand - La Efrah Style) that I rock all the time .... it's beautiful and it actually looks very similar to the hair in the OP ... but it doesn't match my hair texture :sad:

My hair is Kinky alone, not curly so I can only really wear this half wig with my hair pushed back in the front with a headband (with NONE of my ends exposed)- there is no blending really and even the little bit of my hair that is exposed looks different to the trained eye. I've even brushed out the Kinky-Curls of the wig to make it look more natural and it does fool most people. Although it is the most natural looking wig I have found to date, it's still not the seamless blend that I dream of. :spinning:

I have searched high and low for a Kinky wig, not Kinky-Curly just Kinky ... one that resembles my afro ... one that I can manipulate like my hair into a Twist-out or Braid-out or just rock the Fro ... one that will blend seamlessly with my hair. The only one I found that was close enough was shaped like a giant round afro that was tall up top- not how I would wear my own hair :look:

I seems it is impossible to find a wig/halfwig that is low on sheen, low on curls, that does not have silky roots and curly ends, that does not look like a clown costume wig :rolleyes: If any of you ladies know of such a wig ... please, please, please share :yep:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Great thread! I love kinky curly hair. This is my daughters hair from Mercy's hair extensions. I got Mongolian Kinky Curly in a 12in and 14in in 3bc. I did color the hair bc it came in a 1b and her hair is a weird sandy brown color with light edges and stuff. Still didn't get the weave to match her color lol but oh well. Anyway I left her whole perimeter out and did a sew in.

Here's the hair once I rcvd it.

ForumRunner_20140807_132842.jpg

This is after I colored it

ForumRunner_20140807_132908.jpg

Here's when I installed it about a month ago

ForumRunner_20140807_132943.jpg

ForumRunner_20140807_133013.jpg

ForumRunner_20140807_133103.jpg

This is when I str8ened it last week

ForumRunner_20140807_133225.jpg

ForumRunner_20140807_133254.jpg

ForumRunner_20140807_133308.jpg

And I curl wand it as well.

ForumRunner_20140807_133123.jpg

ForumRunner_20140807_133152.jpg

I already washed it and the curls returned nicely. Last 2 pics are out of order. They should be at the top.

Last edited:

mzpurp

I like this hair!! I'm going to put them on my list! lol!

I've been thinking about getting some kinky straight as well. Somewhere on this site, someone posted this vendor and I am thinking about ordering the Kinky Straight or either the Kinky Curly 4a/4b hair. Plus they're having a B2School sale that ends 8/10, coupon code: B2S20

http://www.mynaturalhairextensions.com/shop/kinky-straight-human-hair-weave/

http://www.mynaturalhairextensions.com/shop/kinky-curly-hair-yaki-weave/

If anyone else has ordered from this vendor, please let me know!

Smiley79

Styling Update (Twist out vs. with the curly state)

I attempted a twist out last night to see what else I can achieve with this hair....unfortunately it did not dry completely so it's frizzy, limp and not as flattering as I had anticipated. I'm going to keep trying until I perfect the twist out. But I just wanted to show the various options so far as far as styling. Next time I will make sure to give this hair plenty of time to dry for the twist out and see if it makes a difference. (For this twist out I lightly sprayed the hair with water and conditioner and applied a tiny bit of SheaMoisture Curling Smoothie and then two stand twisted it) Any tips of what I did wrong? Please share :yep:

On another note, I'm so tempted to blow out this hair and try a dry twist out; maybe I'll do it when I'm closer to taking the hair out just in case it messes up the pattern of the hair, I wont be too stuck.

Last edited:

Smiley79

Wow the price for that hair is cheap! But that shipping phew bout as much as the hair

nlamr2013 YESSSSS girl, I was shocked. Because the other vendors I was interested in are almost triple that price for the same amount of hair. I really want to stock up on this hair now. You cant beat the price.

Smiley79

I forgot to update managing this hair:

I work out at the gym and this hair did not matte up in the back of my neck when I got hot.
When I detangled my hair last night, I opted to use a wide tooth comb instead of my denman brush, I lightly sprayed the hair with water/conditioner and the comb glided through easily after one or two passes...Shedding was very minimal. I am so surprised because I did not seal the wefts AND the girl cut my wefts when installing (GASP!) yes, she did. But its okay. So you can understand why Im surprised I dont have a carpet of hair on my floor. Overall, I am still extremely pleased with this hair. I hope this makes sense but for such high maintenance hair, it is still quite low maintenance. Pineapple at night and moisturize in the daytime. Twist out or pop the curls...easy breezy.

ail221

I've recently ordered some hair from Big Chop Hair www.bigchophair.com and they are having a 20 percent off sale with the coupon code :b2s
Plus there corkscrew curl hair actually matches my hair texture which is a plus.

Bun Mistress

I have in Mercy hair Kinky Curly right now, round 2. Not as great as round one. The hair seems more frizzy? I had to brush it out with a deman which seemed to help. I wanted to keep this in for at least weeks (I did 10 the last go round). Not so sure if will hold up for more then 4.

Plan on buying ONYC if I can't get zig zag kinky curly hair, it is currently on back order.

CocoGlow

NappyRina...okay I will look out for that. Heat Free (although a bit $$$$) might have that. But would you be willing to buy the hair and make into a wig?
Also, I haven't checked them out in detail, but I stumbled on Fingercomber http://fingercomber.bigcartel.com/hair while on Curly Nikki. But I'll keep an eye out.

Smiley79

Thanks!! That FingerComber Unit with the Kinky Hair (that arrives in 2 strand twists)
http://fingercomber.bigcartel.com/product/the-finger-comber-unit

... is similar to what I am looking for in terms of texture/length/style ... love the fact that it's an actual wig/half wig instead of wefts/bulk hair so I wouldn't have to make my own wig!! I don't do weaves because I like the fact that I can take a wig off. $78 is pricey for a wig (especially since they are not using human hair) but I will do some research to see if it would be worth it and more natural looking than my $20 Kinky-Curly Half Wig

If I were to make my own wig, I can't get down with all that sewing or gluing ... I would follow something I saw on Youtube where she took kinky bulk hair and used the looping & knotting technique of Crochet Braids onto a stretchy cap with holes - so simple & genius!:yep:

ImanAdero

I just bought it, but there's a WHOLE lot of Kinky Curly vendors out there.

I just bought some from an IG vendor/hair salon and it's Studio 4 Hair. It was on sale so I bought it in 20 inches.

I will say, it does feel like they put cones on it, but it's still natural looking. So when I install in September, I'll give a more accurate idea of what it's really like/how it holds up.

CocoGlow

Smiley79

Thanks!! That FingerComber Unit with the Kinky Hair (that arrives in 2 strand twists)
http://fingercomber.bigcartel.com/product/the-finger-comber-unit

... is similar to what I am looking for in terms of texture/length/style ... love the fact that it's an actual wig/half wig instead of wefts/bulk hair so I wouldn't have to make my own wig!! I don't do weaves because I like the fact that I can take a wig off. $78 is pricey for a wig (especially since they are not using human hair) but I will do some research to see if it would be worth it and more natural looking than my $20 Kinky-Curly Half Wig

If I were to make my own wig, I can't get down with all that sewing or gluing ... I would follow something I saw on Youtube where she took kinky bulk hair and used the looping & knotting technique of Crochet Braids onto a stretchy cap with holes - so simple & genius!:yep:

UPDATE:

I've decided to go this route instead ^^

After doing research I see that the Finger Comber Kinky Wig is just way too expensive for what I would be getting. Also, I noticed that the hair looks kinkier in the pictures than it does in the Youtube videos I've watched. I would have purchased it if it were cheaper though. I'm sure that it would blend better with my hair than my current $20 Kinky-Curly Half Wig but not seamlessly enough to justify that price tag IMO

I've found from watching vids that I can use various synthetic Kinky/Marley Bulk textures to create my own wigs using the crochet technique onto a mesh wig cap. This way I can get the closest match to blend with my Kinky hair for so cheap. This should cost me no more than $20-$25 each to create and I can't wait! :grin:

I'm envisioning making several wigs with Kinky/Marley Textured Bulk Hair, the possibilities are endless:

One Medium Afro
One Large Afro
One Twist-out (set with Boiling Hot Water)
One Braid-Out (set with Boiling Hot Water)
One w/ African Thread Curls or Perm Rod Curls (set with Boiling Hot Water)
One w/ Medium Twists
One w/ Large "Havana" Twists/"Puffy=Fluffy" Twists

Hope this helps someone else who may have a hard time finding hair that blends with their natural hair...Youtube is my friend :yep:

Is anyone else making a wig with their Natural Hair Friendly extensions?

Last edited:

Smiley79

Update on my hair:

I notice the ends are a bit dry. I plan to DC the hair and see if it changes...I am also noticing that this hair does better with just plain water...I started using a style product more often and the hair wasn't as lively as before. After I DC it, I will go back to just water with a little conditioner and see if I notice a difference. Aside from this the hair is still holding up well, very beautiful, very easy to manage, minimal shedding, and surprisingly no tangles, I cant believe that. :)

Smiley79

Can anyone suggest a really good Coarse Yaki Straight or Kinky Straight vendor pls?

Last edited:

NICOLETHENUMBERONE

I purchased a wig from Ruth's Beauty Shop because I was having the same problem as you. I could not find any quality hair that weren't like corkscrews, the hair pattern you will usually find at the beauty shop. My hair pattern is more 4a with 3c in the back but it has a kinky texture. I hate when the extensions have the curl pattern but it the texture is still silky. That's not my hair and again, even the curlier hair do not have really tight patterns which is 4a.