HOW LONG SHOULD I WAIT BEFORE CORRECTIVE REALAXER?

nekilaki

If someone could answer this for me, I'd really appreciate. I tried to get Affirm-Fiberguard put in as a texturizer on all my natural hair on SEP 27th, but it didn't take. :mad: It was on all natural hair. I was thinking the rule of thumb is at least six weeks, which will be today (NOV 8th) for me. But I can wait until the 19th. I'd did an Aphogee protein treatment two and half weeks ago, and have being doing moisture treatments since then.

Does my timeline seem o.k.? My plan is to have it applied to all my hair again. Before, the stylist just ran the chemical all throughout my hair with no smoothing. By two washes, all the thickness was back :ohwell:
I was going to have her do it with the same chemical again, but with some smoothing this time.

Anyone see any problems with this? Any alarms going off for anyone. Please let a sistah know. Thank you in advance ladies!

Last edited:

1Specialk

I would like to know also. I self relaxed almost 2 weeks ago, I got scared and rinsed to soon!. I used Designer Touch Fx No-Lye (time-release).

maryj1584

i want to know too, i think i under processed the last time i relaxed like six weeks ago.

Bumping for more replies

Faith

Me personally I don't wait if it's bad. One of the last ones I did I underprocessed and because that area has been underprocessed for so long it was breaking a bit so to stop the breaking I knew I couldn't wait to fix it so a day after I applied more relaxer to that area for about 5 minutes and it turned out very well. No more breakage.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
What other products do you use? If you MTG, it makes it sometimes seem like your perm is reverting.....or maybe this is in my case, only. :lol:

zora

I think two weeks is fine, especially if you have deep conditioned it. I've actually done it sooner than that and I have fine hair.

DiamondStar

I underprocessed and waited 5 weeks to do a corrective relaxer and I had no problems. My scalp was itchy, but it was nothing a cholesterol treatment couldn't handle :) . I originally underprocessed because I rinsed the relaxer out too quickly without smoothing.

nekilaki

Thank you so much ladies. This is vey helpful! :)

I wasn't really apprehensive about giving another application a try at this point, but I didn't want to be ignorant.

I don't use MTG ... yet anyway... but you better believe that I'll be starting once I get my next relaxer. The results I've seen are off the chain, so I wanna be down!