How long should I wait? And should I dump her??

Hi Ladies,

I just moved to a new city and went to a stylist I was referred to. She relaxed my hair and some parts were underprocessed. I went back a few weeks later for a corrective, and she processed approx. 2/3 of my head....but the part that needed straightening is still not straight! :nono:

I refuse to run put any more chemicals in my hair any time soon, but how long should I wait before I get my next relaxer? I have some hair that's 1 week post, some that's 4 weeks post, and some that feels about 9 weeks post! :pullhair:

The second part of this scenario is the stylist...she's competent, but I don't like her attitude. She works out of a spa, but she's not exactly the classy type, and lately she's been acting a little suspect.

Example:

When I went in for the 1st relaxer, she trimmed my hair. When I came back for the corrective (and after she'd just cut this lady's hair into a short bob) she starts criticizing the last stylist who cut my hair saying that its uneven. :ohwell: I reminded her that she was the last person to cut my hair, and she cut me off saying that she was just following how my hair was already cut...never mind my last stylist was Vidal Sasoon trained and owned her own salon in Beverly Hills...:rolleyes:

I promptly told her that I was allergic to scissors, and she mumbled something to the effect of "I bet you are, boo"

She also tried to play me once when I used the term "no-lye", interrupting me to say "all relaxers are lye, do your research, boo"...so I had to pull out my LHCF member card (and chemical engineering degree) and talk on the differences between sodium, calcium, lithium, and guanidine hydroxide...that shut her up!:lachen:

How long should I wait to relax my hair again?

And should I kick this stylist to the curb?

I can't tell you how long to wait...I am no longer relaxed (100 percent natural now). I would wait as long as I could before touching another chemical, w/o causing breakage. I would use silk on the parts that were already processed so that they are not over processed the next time (silk amino). But how long you wait is going to be up to how long your hair can stand it. Protective style it until then or roller set, wrap, and keep it all as straight as possible until the next time so you won't stress the line of demarcation.

As for the second part.:spinning::drunk::ohwell: Is this really a question?!!! The answer is obvious. i think you already know in your heart to kick her to the curb HARD and FAST!!!!:rolleyes:

How about now? I would have simply told her that her arrogance does not match her competence :rolleyes:.

Oh and you left out potassium hydroxide

How about now? I would have simply told her that her arrogance does not match her competence :rolleyes:.

Oh and you left out potassium hydroxide

Yea she knows a lot about hair, but thats not enough. At some point she should have learned professionalism and business etiquette...

Thanks! I missed potassium!

Yea she knows a lot about hair, but thats not enough. At some point she should have learned professionalism and business etiquette...

I don't think they're teaching that anymore in the "Service" Industry.:ohwell: Customer Service seems to be at an all time Low.:perplexed

And I don't care where you go. Customer Service these days is oftentimes mediocre at best.:nono:

Back