How I got a smooth rollerset with straight-ish roots

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I many not be the best roller-setter out there, any but I think I have a few good tips for anyone who is looking to get a smoother rollerset. I have rollerset my natural, relaxed and now transitioning hair and I think by doing so I figured out a way to get a nice smooth set with out having to flat iron the roots.

Click Here

I hope you don't mind clicking on the link. There are plenty of pics!

Tell me what you think!

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Napp how do you like Its a 10 keratin? I luv the original formula but I havent tried the keratin one yet.

so far its my favorite leave in, like ever!

the consistency,the smell and the shine is perfect! I just hate how small the bottle is. It was totally worth the money though:yep:

I haven't tried the regular version but I am quite satisfied with this one.

karenjoe

pretty I like the photos... you forgot one important thing...........

I noticed" you rolled your hair going up" ( toward crown)

Napp

Ms. Nobody
pretty I like the photos... you forgot one important thing...........

I noticed" you rolled your hair going up" ( toward crown)

you're right! i've rolled like that from the beginning so i didn't notice. i will add that on!

winona

Napp thanks for the tips:) This week I am going to attempt to use my conical rollers for the first time:/

I have a few snap rollers but I dont think they are big enough to use with my rollers. Do you or anyone else know where I can just get the snappy part without purchasing the entire roller?

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Gorgeous! I like rolling upwards also, it really does get the roots smoother. Great tips as always Napp :yep:

sharifeh

Your hair looks great! How do you pin curl?

Also what do you mean by rolling upwards? What would be rolling downwards? :lol: wouldnt you always be rolling upwards even if it were under or over? sorry for the dumb question .

Ltown

Greyland
Awesome, i love how your hair came out and i use snap too, i never rolled upward got to try that.

moniq

I notice also that I get the smoothest rollerset rolling up instead of down. And for some reason it doesn't take as long also. Thanks for the tips.

Also what do you mean by rolling upwards? What would be rolling downwards? :lol: wouldnt you always be rolling upwards even if it were under or over? sorry for the dumb question .

I think rolling upwards means rolling the hair onto the roller going towards your face as opposed to your nape area. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Napp thanks for the tips:) This week I am going to attempt to use my conical rollers for the first time:/

I have a few snap rollers but I don't think they are big enough to use with my rollers. Do you or anyone else know where I can just get the snappy part without purchasing the entire roller?
winona i will be waiting for your results! where did you get them from?!

i dont know where you could get the caps from. maybe you can try calling up the company?

i pin curl by taking the end and rolling on the side of the section so they stay flat against my head. its a little hard to explain so i might make a diagram or video about it.

its not a dumb question at all!

there was this really neat illustration that showed how to rollerset.

this is also an example of rolling down. just flip it around(roller on top of hair) and it will be rolling up!:lol:

Attachments

• 45 back.jpg
    45 back.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Napp What kind of hair dryer are you using? Curious because I need something that will accommodate large curlers. For Example, the gray ones that you had on.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Napp What kind of hair dryer are you using? Curious because I need something that will accommodate large curlers. For Example, the gray ones that you had on.
i have a select pro gold soft bonnet dryer. its pretty jacked up though so i need a new one....

winona

winona i will be waiting for your results! where did you get them from?!

i dont know where you could get the caps from. maybe you can try calling up the company?

i pin curl by taking the end and rolling on the side of the section so they stay flat against my head. its a little hard to explain so i might make a diagram or video about it.

its not a dumb question at all!

there was this really neat illustration that showed how to rollerset.

this is also an example of rolling down. just flip it around(roller on top of hair) and it will be rolling up!:lol:

Sorry I didn't see this:/. I can't see mentions on my phone and that is where I normally am:). I got my rollers directly from a distributor in Italy. I am going to try this tomorrow:) and will report back with my results

Sent from my iPhone 5 using LHCF

winona

It is gojng to be wet all week I might have to try this another time:(

Sent from my iPhone 5 using LHCF

winona

Napp no I was going to sit under the dryer. I am looking outside and it is pouring down and I looked at the weather for this week and the city I am going to be in will be raining like every freakin day:/

Oh BTW. I am looking up that info to PM you now:)

AtlantaJJ

This is going into my hair file (EverNote) I will be attempting a rollerset soon., This is excellent info

Thank you Napp

Aggie

Very nice Napp. I am only about 30% relaxed and my hair is pretty much still very curly so this might very well help me achieve silkier roller sets. Thanks for sharing.

winona

Sitting under the dryer using your technique now:)

ETA
So next time I will be using end papers but I think it came out good considering this is my first set like this. I used conici rollers and it only took me 1 hr to dry at 50

Attachments

• image-2003508888.jpg
    image-2003508888.jpg
    411.1 KB · Views: 95
  • image-1062454572.jpg
    image-1062454572.jpg
    416.2 KB · Views: 77
Last edited: