Verifen (Wanakee) haircare is now Beverly Johnson, again

daaiyah

Has anyone else seen this? I have always loved the Verifen haircare line. I know it is pricey but it works wonders for me. Anyway, I see that Beverly Johnson has a haircare line with the exact same ingredients and same prices. Cool thing is that it is for sale online at Frederick's of Hollywood :blush:. Oh well, with 25% off whole site and extra 30% off (code FALL30), it dropped the price to the most reasonable I have ever paid. I don't care if she wears wigs, I got a discount and I am happy. Just thought I'd share.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
i used to love the advanced conditioner treatment. that was my fav product for years...that and the constant care for ends.

wheezy807

Thanks for sharing. I didn't know that the products were actually repackaged/renamed this time around. I didn't even know fredricks sold outside of lingerie, lol. I might have to make a small purchase. I also liked the constant care for ends, advanced conditioner, and the hair oil. I wonder where's the shampoo? When i was in my early twenties this was one of the first "healthy hair" products i bought. Nice to know she didn't change the ingredients.

wheezy807

My first order i got the hair oil, constant care for ends and the hairline creme (which i ended up repeating for my order placed today at 80% off). Then for my second order got the two conditioners and the shampoo.

daaiyah

I just about broke my neck getting my order in. This is my third order and I'm good for a while. I ordered the shampoo, conditioner, detangler, oil, hairline cream and ends cream. :drunk:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
*cough*:look:

Um..Yes, I did place a tiny order.

Tis All.:nono:

x2 Hairline Creme
x1 Ends Creme
x1 Deep Conditioner

I mean 80%...who wouldn't?:drunk:

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
*cough*:look:

Um..Yes, I did place a tiny order.

Tis All.:nono:

x2 Hairline Creme
x1 Ends Creme
x1 Deep Conditioner

I mean 80%...who wouldn't?:drunk:

So, after reading a few of the ingredients....I called & ended up cancelling my order.:blush:

Enjoy the products Ladies...will be lurking for reviews.:yep:

so1913

Y'all makin' me wanna buy it. Just for nostalgia's sake! LOL

I feel you! This was the very first line that got me hooked on serious black hair care when I got out of high school going into college. I remember showing my mom the pamphlet and "selling" her on the idea and products so she would use her credit card and by the line lol. Wanakee and the pamphlet changed my whole view on the possibilities and the "how to's" of growing black hair.

amber815

IDareT'sHair said:
So, after reading a few of the ingredients....I called & ended up cancelling my order.:blush:

Enjoy the products Ladies...will be lurking for reviews.:yep:

I closed the open tab after reading ingredients but I do want so see reviews...

Lita

The constant care for ends was the bomb.com
The Dc was good too..I was relaxed back when.

Happy Hair Growing!

daaiyah

I have used these on and off for years. I try other things to substitute because of the cost. But I consider that these products were custom made for Wanakee and I still haven't found a better conditioner and detangler.
The shampoo and condtioner are nice, but long term nice. Sure there a little slip and softness, but where it counts for me is strands in the comb afterwards. With each subsequent shampooing and conditioning, my (used to be highly porous hair) is better conditioned with minimal strand loss. The detangler works perfectly. I spray my comb, then glide though my hair. The edges cream is nice, and so are the oils, but I could get by with coconut oil and castor jelly. There is something about these products that work perfectly for my hair and I truly enjoy them. I didn't enjoy paying 19.00 for a jar of conditioner, but spent more than that trying to find something just as nice. I wish this line of products was more readily available so we could have more reviews.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
The price point is excellent for these products.:yep:

80% is thebomb.com:grin:

I'm glad you Ladies got a good deal on some nice products.

Can't wait to hear how the Beverly Johnson version of Verifen compares with the Original.

Last edited:

Perfexion

I was hooked on this stuff when I was relaxed too. I wonder how it would work on my natural hair. Whelp. Only one way to find out! Where did I put that emergency product junkie credit card?