Jamaican Black Castor Oil

L

LaNecia

:kiss: Thanks for posting this! I was just looking for this on Monday and wasn't able to find it!

Been trying to get some since this time last year w/no luck at all. :nono:

Nice

I have in there a few times but never noticed the black castor oil :p . Thanks for sharing :) .

LondonDiva

I just ordered mine. I used Paypal to pay as I can claim if I don't recieve my goods within 30 days. When I was ordering (for those that may be unsure) it was on a secure webpage https:// <-- the S when paying for anything means you are in a secure part of the site. NEVER pay online if in the browser you seet http://

nickyD

I have been looking everywhere and asking everybody about this with no success. THANK YOU! I'm placing an order right now!

LondonDiva

All I know is the Black Castor Oil is unrefined. 100% Natural nothing added or taken away. Unrefined is much better and yeilds better results IMHO.

LondonDiva

The Project envisages setting up of a manufacturing unit for producing the various derivatives of Castor. The project will involve the purification of Castor oil and subjecting it to various treatments such as dehydration, hydrogenation, saponification, acidification etc. to extract various derivatives such as dehydrated castor oil, hydrogenated castor oil, 12-hydroxy stearic acid etc. There are about 200 castor oil derivatives, however the project will involve the production of only selected few that are commercially important and find applications in industrial products.

India is the world’s leading producer of castor oil. The manufacturing of castor oil derivatives has picked up momentum and many units have been installed in the recent past.

The castor oil derivatives are used for various industrial and consumer products manufacturers in products including perfumes & cosmetics, plastics, rubber & allied products, paints, varnishes, inks & adhesives, pharmaceutical products, soaps & waxes, greases, engine oils & lubricants and many others.

LondonDiva

Refined - A fully processed oil where it has been exposed to high temperatures as high as 450 degrees Fahrenheit, winterization as low as -10 degrees, deodorization (the removal of content which gives an oil its natural scent), and other forms of refinement that will alter its color, depth, and scent. This makes for an economical oil in cosmetics and body care products but it is not the healthiest as a food grade oil.
Caveat emptor: Refined oils may also be extracted with the use of solvents, extracting mediums or other chemicals.

Unrefined - A process of mechanical extraction and screen filtering where no additional refining process has taken place. This ensures the finest quality product and makes the oil the most exquisite for food and cosmetic preparation. The unrefined process helps oil retain a rich, strong flavor and color that is true to its natural state. Unrefined oils are always darker in color and richer in scent.

angellazette

If you do a search for unrefined castor oil, you will find a few other places that sell black (unrefined) castor oil...I did a search and came across this:

"Aromaland offers the commonly used Sulfated Castor Oil, since raw, unrefined Castor Oil contains a toxin. Sulfated Castor Oil is most commonly used as a natural bridge between oil and water - it can be used to emulsify oils. Hence, Sulfated Castor Oil is a prime ingredient for making bath oils."

http://www.aromaland.com/shop/index...ductcat&product_code=71SCO8&category_code=CO6

I've tried locating more info on this but no results yet. Also, for the pregnant ladies, castor oil can induce labor if taken orally.

Last edited:

Honey6928215

leejeff said:
I found it this is where you can go to buy it. I ordered mine today. I hope it works. http://www.sams247.com :

I checked out the website. I'm glad someone saw it. It seems that everywhere I go no one has never heard of it. I rather have the Black Castor Oil but thankful you found it.

I want to order it but I don't see an order form. I don't have any credit cards. I want to pay with a money order. What's their address? I want to hurry up and get this right away!!

Thanks!!

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

I found the Jamaican castor oil at my local asian BSS and also at my local discount store!!! :yay::grin: I am so happy that I found it locally so now I don't have to deal with shipping and handling charges. So NY ladies before you order it online make sure that you check your local BSS before doing so especially if you live in a Caribbean community.

I remember growing up my Mom use to apply it my scalp and braid my hair up. It would make my hair become so thick, shiny and soft. I just applied some to my ends and it reminded me of the good old days, my hair just sucked it up leaving it so soft and shiny. It also strengthens the hair therefore decreasing and preventing your hair from breaking. IMO the quality is so much better than the refined castor oil

BklynHeart

CLASSYEBONYGIRL said:
I found the Jamaican castor oil at my local asian BSS and also at my local discount store!!! :yay::grin: I am so happy that I found it locally so now I don't have to deal with shipping and handling charges. So NY ladies before you order it online make sure that you check your local BSS before doing so especially if you live in a Caribbean community.

I remember growing up my Mom use to apply it my scalp and braid my hair up. It would make my hair become so thick, shiny and soft. I just applied some to my ends and it reminded me of the good old days, my hair just sucked it up leaving it so soft and shiny. It also strengthens the hair therefore decreasing and preventing your hair from breaking. IMO the quality is so much better than the refined castor oil

Classy, where did you find it?

recherche

Gimmie, Gimmie, MORE!
That's good to know. At least when I run out of it, I know where to order. I have two large white rum bottles full of jamaican castor oil my parents brought back from jamaica from the market down there. It's good stuff.

Nice

saddity1 said:
That's good to know. At least when I run out of it, I know where to order. I have two large white rum bottles full of jamaican castor oil my parents brought back from jamaica from the market down there. It's good stuff.

I am so mad that when I went to Jamaica last summer I didn't get a chance to go to the market :mad:

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

BklynHeart said:
Classy, where did you find it?

Hey BklynHeart:)

I live in Brooklyn off Church Avenue so when I went into the Asian BSS near me to satisfy my PJism BSS I saw it in the showcase near the cash register peeking out at me. I also saw it at my local discount store that also sells haircare products as well. You might also be able to find it at the Korean foodstore. I didn't check there so I am not quite sure if it is sold there.

HTH

goldensugar23

hmm i used to live not to far from there in crown heights..ohh i miss that neiborhood.
anyway i may go out to hemstead and get this stuff sometime next week.If anyone who is going to the lhcfm next week i think??i will be more then happy to pick some up for you. :)

LondonDiva

LondonDiva said:
I just ordered mine. I used Paypal to pay as I can claim if I don't recieve my goods within 30 days. When I was ordering (for those that may be unsure) it was on a secure webpage https:// <-- the S when paying for anything means you are in a secure part of the site. NEVER pay online if in the browser you seet http://

I got mine this morning :yay: I ordered on the 10th and it arrived on the 15th only 4-5 days from NYC. I'll be TOTALLY honest, from past experiences I've always been let down by black businesses. I seriously thought they were going to take weeks with my order or have shoddy customer service. Well needless to say I'll be using them again and I like the fact they take Paypal. I used the $7.00 shipping option and the 2 bottles came to $14.10 shipping on the parcel :look: , they didn't ask for extra $$ to cover it. I'm going to send them a note of thanks. I think we all should when we get our orders. We need to support black business and let them know that they are doing a good job. I'm tired of resorting to the Indian man to buy products for MY black hair. I'm seriously thinking about opening my own Black hair shop in a few years with all those hard to find products like black castor oil, minoval, glovers, lye relaxers etc.

My castor oil is a brown colour and smells nutty. I actually like the smell. The clear refined castor oil is getting thrown out today. Why do they need to take all the 'goodness' out of the product is beyond me.

L

LaNecia

***peeking over her shoulder, LaLa tiptoes into thread to post about yet another purchase...***

LD, glad your came yesterday, Mine should be here today, I hope! I placed my order on the 9th but they didn't receive my billing info w/UPS until the 13th.

***tip toes out of thread being very careful not to let the door squeak behind her***

Britt

Ok, I am an avid user of regular castor oil for the past 2 months or so. Since I pull my hair back every day it doesn't bother me. I am fairly familiar with Black Jamaican Castor Oil. What I want to know is there really a difference between regular unrefined castor oil and Black castor oil. I've gone into the health store on several occassions asking this question and no one could really answer. The reason why I haven't bought the JA Black castor oil is b/c I remember it having a smell, I've never used it often so I can't comment on what it did for my hair. For those who have used both types of castor oil, what is really the difference :confused::confused::confused::confused: