WL: I'm claiming it...

Southernbella.

Hi ladies! My goal was to reach waist length by the end of 2011, and even though I'm not full WL, I'm going to claim it anyway.:grin:

(I started transitioning in February 2007. I big chopped in January 2008.)

Last length check (May 2011):

Yesterday:

I need a trim but I think I'm going to leave it alone until I hit full WL, which will hopefully be in the next couple of months.

Here is a chart with my growth from around summer 2009 to December 2011:

I also checked dd's length a couple of days ago and here is where she is currently:grin::

And this is her latest hairstyle:

My next goal is WHIP length in 2012, and dd's next goal is WL. Thanks for looking!:grin:

Lucille

Awesome growth!!!

Both you and your daughter have really beautiful hair :yep:

ETA: You have to post your regimen for us.... come on now :lol:

Aireen

Congratulations on making WL! Your hair looks great, very thick and your daughter's hair is absolutely beautiful! I'm loving the hairstyle you gave her. :grin:

delitefulmane

Congrats Southernbella! Yep! You should definitely claim it! I just wanted to add guys, she is such a sweetheart in person! :yep: Keep up the good work! I am trying to get to where you are.

ETA: Love the baby's hair too and that style! I pays to have a mom who knows how to do hair :)look: reminisces about childhood and shutters:sad:)

Xavier

You were one of my inspirations when you were relaxed and now as a natural you are definitely one of my natural hair inspirations. Congrats to you and DD.

Last edited:

keelioness

Your one of my original inspirations on this board! Your growth is phenomenal. Please post a tutorial or something on the blown out twist out ( products etc.) Yay Bella and Baby Bella!

ajoke

Very nice hair, both mama and daughter. Please do share your regimens. Is your hair type the same as your DDs?

jareya

Gorgeous hair, great progress. You're doing an amazing job with both your hair and your daughter's. I'm inspired!

bebezazueta

Standing ovation to you for taking excellent care of your hair & your daughter's hair! You both have healthy thick hair that is LONG! Congrats on WL & whip here y'all come.

Rina88

AHH YES! Congratulations. :yay: Thanks for posting the timeline too, I needed to see that because my hair looks like your first 2009 pic with some grazing APL while other sections aren't. That gives me hope and clarity that everything is going to be ok. :grin:

Aggie

Wowwwwwwww! Beautiful, simply beautiful. Awesome progress, lovely thickness and length.

BostonMaria

Congrats! I remember when you did the BC. It looks WL to me so claim it.

Sent from my fancy iPhone using LHCF

Toy

Congrats on Making Waist-length, Your DD has beautiful thick hair like her mother.

Janet'

Aww!! Absolutely lovely and it was so nice meeting you in person yesterday!! :congrats: :bouncy: :congrats: :bouncy:

And your DD's hair!!!

Southernbella.

Thank you ladies!

Awesome growth!!!

Both you and your daughter have really beautiful hair :yep:

ETA: You have to post your regimen for us.... come on now :lol:

:lol: I honestly don't have a strict one. I wash every 2-3 weeks. I try to deep condition with every wash. I use Sally's Silk Elements Moisturizing Shampoo and Silk Elements Olive Oil Deep Conditioner (green tub) to condition.

From there, I either wash no go, or blowdry using the tension method and style on stretched dry hair (braidouts and twistouts). I'd say I keep my hair stretched 95% of the time.

Do you dye your hair OP?

The last time I did it was about a year ago. I'm thinking of dying it black again soon.

Congrats Southernbella! Yep! You should definitely claim it! I just wanted to add guys, she is such a sweetheart in person! :yep: Keep up the good work! I am trying to get to where you are.

ETA: Love the baby's hair too and that style! I pays to have a mom who knows how to do hair :)look: reminisces about childhood and shutters:sad:)

Aww, I had so much fun with you ladies! You are a sweetheart too.:grin:

Your one of my original inspirations on this board! Your growth is phenomenal. Please post a tutorial or something on the blown out twist out ( products etc.) Yay Bella and Baby Bella!

Aww, thank you!

For the twistout, I blowdry my hair, then twist 10-15 sections using Ecostyler Olive Oil gel liberally on each section. I let it set overnight, take it down in the morning, and fluff out. If the ends are too straight I dip them in water to get them to curl up. THis usually lasts a week before I have retwist the front sections for more definitions. All in all, I can get two weeks out of a twistout.

Very nice hair, both mama and daughter. Please do share your regimens. Is your hair type the same as your DDs?

Thank you! I think I have mostly 4A, and hers is mostly 4B. Mine is coarse and thick and hers is fine. My regimen is above. For her, I wash once a month using the same products. I either braid her hair in 6 sections to dry and stretch it, or I blowdry on low to stretch it. I almost never work with soaking wet hair. From there, I use Ecostyler Olive Oil gel to style her hair in braids, twists, banded ponytails, or whatever else I can think of. I'm pretty style challenged when it comes to her hair, so if I'm completely at a loss, I fall back on buns and headbands.:grin:

AHH YES! Congratulations. :yay: Thanks for posting the timeline too, I needed to see that because my hair looks like your first 2009 pic with some grazing APL while other sections aren't. That gives me hope and clarity that everything is going to be ok. :grin:

YW. I defintiely had moments where the layers and different sections were throwing me off. The hairs do seem to catch up to each other after awhile, which is good.

waow congrats on your progress SB!! So is that your natural hair that is blow-dried in your progress pics?

Yep, each of those pics is natural flat ironed hair. As you can see, my technique got better because those first pics.:nono::lol: