Aubrey Organics GPB Conditioner

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
I used this for the first time this weekend and love how soft it made my hair. How often are you ladies using this? I'm thinking of using it 2x a month, but since it's a protein cond. I'm not so sure.

TIA

silenttullip

For me it's not the kind of protein that ever makes my hair stiff so I use it weekly or 2x weekly when I have it but if your hair isn't fine and has strength once a month or 2x a month should be good

WantNatural

I have med-thick strands that love protein. GPB is a light protein that I use weekly. It's a balancing conditioner and offers moisture in addition to the protein, so I don't have to follow up with a moisturizing conditioner. Try DCing with it overnight....:lick:

pookaloo83

I just dc'd with it tonight. I use it every other week on wet hair with no heat. Just leave it on for a couple hours.

Nonie

I have used it twice a week w/o problems. I usually use it every other week though, only because I also love Emergencee so I alternate between the two for my weekend reconstructor DC.

pookaloo83, your hair in your siggy looks so full. What happened to your "malnourished twists"? You been feedin' them McDonalds?

pookaloo83

I have used it twice a week w/o problems. I usually use it every other week though, only because I also love Emergencee so I alternate between the two for my weekend reconstructor DC.

@pookaloo83, your hair in your siggy looks so full. What happened to your "malnourished twists"? You been feedin' them McDonalds?

:lachen:Nonie that's a mini twistout! Since I have been in twists since September they have gotten a lil fuller.:grin:

thecurlycamshow

I've used this on dry hair twice and loved the results. Quick question: What are your follow-up steps to this?

After using this, I shampoo'd then steamed with Giovanni's Smooth as Silk conditioner. I wanted to cut some steps but wasn't sure if I could.

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
I've used this on dry hair twice and loved the results. Quick question: What are your follow-up steps to this?

After using this, I shampoo'd then steamed with Giovanni's Smooth as Silk conditioner. I wanted to cut some steps but wasn't sure if I could.

I just rinsed it out and followed up with Darcy's pumpkin cond, then rollerset.

AngelEyez

Inching towards tailbone length and my hair LOVES this stuff! I always doctor up my conditioning treatments but this makes an excellent base. I use it nearly every wash..(actually just ran out, need to purchase more :)

youwillrise

i'm revisiting GPB right now. i used it a few years ago and didnt like it...but since i re-tried HSR, which i also didnt like back then, but love now, i decided to give GPB another whirl. ive been thinking a lot about protein lately...and while i used to use it in my regimen consistently, i havent used it in years! i wanted to get back to it.

i have it in my hair right now...hoping for good results.

southerncitygirl

i got 2 bottles of this from vitamin shoppe last week :) please know that it is moisturizing and you don't have to follow with a moisturizing conditioner.

Boujoichic

GPB is actually the ONLY protein conditioner that makes my hair hard so I use it sparingly. This is very unusual because I can even do an aphogee 2 step and when I rinse my hair doesn't feel hard. Goes to show everyone's hair is different.

Sent from my ADR6400L using ADR6400L

LoveBeautyKisses

Quick stupid question is AO Honeysuckle Rose Protein? I'm a newbie and I have been hearing good things about that.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using SGH-T959V

greenandchic

Quick stupid question is AO Honeysuckle Rose Protein? I'm a newbie and I have been hearing good things about that.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using SGH-T959V

It is not. I use it as a moisturizing, detangling conditioner. I've never seen any protein like benefit from using it.

youwillrise

results are in...love it! i left it in overnight because i was too tired to rinse last night...i oil rinsed this am and my hair feels great. moisturized and a bit stronger. this treatment will be added to my regimen