I have found my new detangling product and moisturizer!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I watched a video by Legalmane. She showed how she replaced her moisturizer with aloe vera juice. She was able to get 4 day hair by spritzing with juice and doing chunky twists and doing a twists out. She says her texture is a 4B. I figured on trying it to get an early jump on HYHC 2011. I had an old wash n go and decided to spritz as an experiment. To my surprise, not only did my hair become really moisturized, but the knots literally melted in my hands. It took me 15 minutes to detangle my hair. Usually it takes an hour. My hair is SSK free. This saved me so much time with my hair. I can part and twist it more easily. I wish I knew how to post You tube channels because it was so helpful to me.:yep:

cheryl26

Do grocery stores sell this aloe vera juice? I've only seen aloe vera gel for sunburns. Does it leave a lot of buildup?

Charla

Do grocery stores sell this aloe vera juice? I've only seen aloe vera gel for sunburns. Does it leave a lot of buildup?

I actually just bought a gallon at Wal-Mart today of the avj in the pharmacy section. It was only $7.84.

I've been using avj + glycerin as my daily spray, then sealing with shea+hemp mix.

DDTexlaxed

So far, no build up. I only needed enough to coat the section. I didn't use a special brand. I just discovered this today, so time will tell. My twists are so moisturized and plump! I don't think I will need another twist creme or butter ever again.:yep:

iri9109

I actually just bought a gallon at Wal-Mart today of the avj in the pharmacy section. It was only $7.84.

I've been using avj + glycerin as my daily spray, then sealing with shea+hemp mix.

what!!!!???!!! i pay like $6 for 32 oz...i feel ripped off...

iri9109

I knoooow! I had been paying the same thing at the health food store. Just discovered this one today. And it's Fruit of the Earth Inner Filet.

aww shucks its not even off-brand!?! i'm going to get me some asap...thanks for the heads up!

Krystle~Hime

DDTexlaxed I have a problem with pc, can not hear the video, so can you clear me this please : is it the GEL or the JUICE of aloe vear, because I have gel and.. it's just a moisturizing gel with no hold, totally not a detangler, so are u talkin about the jiuce for sure ?? thanks in advance

hannan

aww shucks its not even off-brand!?! i'm going to get me some asap...thanks for the heads up!

You can even get the berry flavor if you're feeling zesty :lol:. I bought it a couple of months ago and it has a pleasant smell.

naturalnikki

I just have this stuff sitting n my bathroom I use to use it with my leave-in when I was using the kimmytube recipe. I've tried it in a spritz with water and glycerine, but I just never stick with anything. I forgot how it turned out... Guess I'll pull it out again!!!

blackviolet

@DDTexlaxed I have a problem with pc, can not hear the video, so can you clear me this please : is it the GEL or the JUICE of aloe vear, because I have gel and.. it's just a moisturizing gel with no hold, totally not a detangler, so are u talkin about the jiuce for sure ?? thanks in advance

I'm not DDTexlaxed ut I think sh's talking about the juice, it really does tangle and melt the knots.

DDTexlaxed

@DDTexlaxed I have a problem with pc, can not hear the video, so can you clear me this please : is it the GEL or the JUICE of aloe vear, because I have gel and.. it's just a moisturizing gel with no hold, totally not a detangler, so are u talkin about the jiuce for sure ?? thanks in advance

Aloe vera juice, not gel! Aloe vera gel does not work for my hair at all!:lachen: How is that for kicks.:lol: Wait, you can DRINK it? What does it taste like?:lick: I am learning so much! My hair has never ever been this soft and moisturized with my natural hair! I'm amazed!

Last edited:

nicole625

@op, so you can just spray it in your whenever? It doesn't have to be diluted or used only on clean hair right? Im going to walmart today :)

DDTexlaxed

I have it in a spray bottle. AV juice strait. Nothing added. NO MORE SINGLE STRAND KNOTS, EVER!:lol: I thanked Legal Mane on her you tube page. This literally shaved an hour off my detangling and styling time. I didn't even need a comb. I just parted with my fingers and twisted it. I only sprayed enough to coat the section. Even dry, it was easily manipulated.:yep: I am ready for my HYHC until the end of the year.

Last edited:

nicole625

I have it in a spray bottle. AV juice strait. Nothing added. NO MORE SINGLE STRAND KNOTS, EVER!:lol: I thanked Legal Mane on her you tube page. This literally shaved an hour odd my detangling and styling time. I didn't even need a comb. I just parted with my fingers and twisted it. I only sprayed enough to coat the section. Even dry, it was easily manipulated.:yep: I am ready for my HYHC until the end of the year.

You guys have me shopping for hair products almost every day. I feel like im addicted for real!

SimJam

wow anything that would reduce an hour long detangling session is awesome. Hope u continue to get great results with this product

Pompous Blue

Here's a thread Newbie2Beauty did about using aloe vera juice to detangle:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=548951&highlight=aloe+vera

She also did a YT video:

So happy I can help you all. This past weekend I made a video applying it so if any of you wanna check that out it's http://youtu.be/Z4VnPA0dhc0 Once again I am really happy I can help everyone.

Aloe Vera juice is in my regimen also.

Glad you found that it works for you, too, OP.