is Aloe vera juice a moisturizer?

summerof1990

I'm super hyped to find out that aloe vera juice is sold in walmart instead of me ordering it online...but i want to know can aloe vera juice be a moisturizer? and can i spray it on my ends and apply JBCO on my ends to seal it in.

Any good things u've witnessed with JBCO?

SLOGRO

I've used it in DC and as a daily spritz mixed with 1 or more oils I also put it in my hare before DC and it works wonder my hair is far more moisturized this way

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
AVJ is my bff. Works as a great moisturizer (+ an oil) for me

Curlykale

I used to think it wasn't. Then I had a setback and I deep conditioned daily with the best natural and non natural deep conditioners.
The only thing that brought my hair back to life is aloe vera juice with coconut oil on top, more specifically Chicoro's prepoo.

For some reason it works well with an oil only for me as well (not by itself), I would never have guessed this.

starchgirl

The more I use AVJ in my routine - the better! I use it in Chicorro prepoo with EVCO and castor oil. I use it in my KT leave in with jojoba, castor and safflower oils. I use it in my daily spritz which is KT leave in diluted with distilled water. The result is soft moisturized hair. I buy mine at my local grocery store or Whole Paycheck aka Whole Foods!

Sent from my Epic 4G using the LHCF App

NicWhite

The more I use AVJ in my routine - the better! I use it in Chicorro prepoo with EVCO and castor oil. I use it in my KT leave in with jojoba, castor and safflower oils. I use it in my daily spritz which is KT leave in diluted with distilled water. The result is soft moisturized hair. I buy mine at my local grocery store or Whole Paycheck aka Whole Foods!

Sent from my Epic 4G using the LHCF App

:lachen::lachen::lachen:@ bolded statement.

Aloe Vera Juice has been great for my itchy scalp. And my hair is way less unruly. My strands actually feel smoother.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Yes it is a moisturizer (it has some protein but shouldn't be enough to be a bother if you are protein sensitive - so I've read). It is also great for stimulating the scalp, has antibacterial properties and neutralizing PH.

Last edited:

TheGlamorousLife

how did i sleep on Aloe Vera Juice. this stuff is the truth.
omgosh, i bought and used some today.
results are soft, detangled, moist hair. wow i cannot believe i'm just now finding out about Aloe Vera Juice.

i bought mine at Wal-Mart (one gallon) for eight bucks.

Krystle~Hime

grrr. I can't infused herbs in aloe juice :( but i'm gonna try to moisturize my hair with it every days, to every others days for all august !

nicole625

Does this stuff go bad? I purchased some about two weeks ago and my hair hated it, but after reading what everyone else is saying, I want to try mixing it with oil and see what happens

summerof1990

results are soft, detangled, moist hair. wow i cannot believe i'm just now finding out about Aloe Vera Juice.

i dont want to try walmart brand because its not organic ingredients

Xavier

Does this stuff go bad? I purchased some about two weeks ago and my hair hated it, but after reading what everyone else is saying, I want to try mixing it with oil and see what happens

Yes, it can. You should be storing it in the refrigerator after you have opened the bottle.

Roux

I have AVG that I mix with water and oil for my moisturizing spritz instead of straight water.

LoveCraze

Naturalista
I usually add AVJ to my leave in's like infusium for a simple spritz. I also add peppermint eo to the mix and then seal with an oil.

regina07

I added AVJ to my daily spritz of water and glycerin. So far I don't see a big difference but I like what I've read about it.

MeechUK

MeechUK
I use AVJ in my leave-in spritz (KimmayTube). I believe it helps to balance the scalp's PH and moisture levels. It also soothes and heals the scalp/skin and helps to close the cuticles of hair preventing damage. When the cuticles don't close properly or lay flat the hair snags easily and breaks.

summerof1990

u should try the real organic aloe vera juice from vitamin shoppe.
i will try the gallon size and see if im missing anything from walmart..it is however cheaper but the ingredients are 100% real

virtuenow

I now use Aloe vera juice-- about 5parts in a small applicator bottle and 1part (or less) Aubrey organics GPB/HSR conditioner as my leave in moisturizer. I seal w/castor oil. Thus far its very moist.

PJaye

AVJ/G always works very well during the time of initial use, almost miraculously – tangles instantly melt and disappear, which makes detangling a breeze. However, after some time, the sun will set and my hair begins to look and feel like I should be dancing on a yellow road with a lion, a dog and a chick named Dorothy.

I’ve come to the conclusion that regular usage of AVJ/G is not for me.