Hair care and growth for relaxed sista's

mieshashair

I wanted to make this thread geared more towards relaxed hair. I see there are alot of natural hair growth sista's on here and that is great, but being that I am still relaxed I would like to discuss/get feedback on hair growth and great shampoos, conditioners and moisturizers for relaxed hair.
Thanks

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
There is another relaxed hair thread but why not another one:grin:

I'm in love with reconstructors/light protein treatments right now. Aubrey organics GPB is great so is Joico K-pak (but I'm trying to use more natural products).

charmtreese

I've recently started using maroccanoil shampoo, conditioner, reconstrutor, and hydrating leave in. So for I really like this line.

hothair

Currently using Global Keratin moisturising shampoo (SLS free) every week and ORS Aloe Shampoo for clarifying/neutralising.

Mai Tai

Miss Nigeria-America
do you know any good shampoos??

I am currently in love with Shea Moiusture's Moisture Retention Shampoo. It has Argon Oil, Sea Kelp, and of course Shea Butter in it. It is a gentle shampoo that leaves my hair so soft. I've been using it for about a month now and it is well on the way to becoming a staple.

Other Staples:
Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
Pure Argon Oil from lotioncrafters.com
Silk amino acids added to EVERYTHING.
Joico K-Pak
Chi Keratin Mist
Pre-pooing with wheat germ oil, olive oil and a little of conditioner.

Curlybeauty

I love my biotin shampoo
and Vo5 moisture milks are great too. Vo5 really has great products.

And light proteins are my friends. I'm loving Sally's One n' Only argan oil reconstructor and silicon mix is my new staple DC..

JJamiah

I use Wen or Hair One Olive Oil for cleansing my hair. I also use APhogee 2 minute on a weekly basis and Silk Elements with WEN FIG oil.

mieshashair

So often are y'all washing your hair with shampoo? And co-washing? I am really trying to get my hair back on track! I wanna be waist length

iwantmyglory

I wanted to make this thread geared more towards relaxed hair. I see there are alot of natural hair growth sista's on here and that is great, but being that I am still relaxed I would like to discuss/get feedback on hair growth and great shampoos, conditioners and moisturizers for relaxed hair.
Thanks

mieshashair, I use Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 to moisture and WGHO to seal. I'm trying out different conditioners now. I'm trying to move away from shampoos until I find a sulfate free one.

I'm also trying to figure out a good regimen for my hair, hair goals, and personal style:drunk:.

iwantmyglory

I noticed you were in Texas...if you're anywhere near Houston by chance. Do you know of any stylist that specialize in healthy hair care?

Last edited:

Mai Tai

Miss Nigeria-America
So often are y'all washing your hair with shampoo? And co-washing? I am really trying to get my hair back on track! I wanna be waist length

I wash my hair every 7-10 days. I do not co-wash at all. Too much manipulation of wet hair for me.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
I wash once a week and off and on, co wash once a week. Something I've just tried and it works like a charm is not detangling until my hair is dry or almost dry. I use to detangle in the shower until I got a drain catcher:nono: I can't imagine how much hair I've lost:nono: To my surprise my hair is actually pretty detangled and almost no hair comes out, shed or otherwise.

mieshashair

@mieshashair, I use Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 to moisture and WGHO to seal. I'm trying out different conditioners now. I'm trying to move away from shampoos until I find a sulfate free one.

I'm also trying to figure out a good regimen for my hair, hair goals, and personal style:drunk:.
I am currently using Hawaiian silk 14 n 1 too, I think I like it LOL

hothair

I wash my hair every week (with shampoo) I don't co-wash. I'm considering washing this week with WEN to see if it weighs my hair when I style it.

bellou04

I've recently started using maroccanoil shampoo, conditioner, reconstrutor, and hydrating leave in. So for I really like this line.

Do you like it or love it? I am thinking of purchasing it, but i havent seen much reviews about it, so would you recommend it?

Last edited:

LivinMyLifeLikeItsGolden

Thanks for starting this thread OP. I am still trying to build the perfect regime for my hair. I love love love to wash my hair, but I don't know if that is the best thing for my hair. I do know that my hair and scalp prefer to be clean though. I m currently experimenting with Kerastase products and I love them!!

Minty

I do super low manipulation - especially a few weeks post. Like MaiTai all that manipulation is a no no for my weak strands.

I "co-wash" if you can call it that, but its mostly rubbing the conditioner through my hair. I also finger part into 4 sections so I can get to my scalp but I don't do too much rubbing/circular massage.

Shampoo ever 7-10 days, co-wash whenever.

Toy

I dont use Shampoo I use Wen fig Cleansing Conditioner to clean my hair 2-3 times a week.

charmtreese

Do you like it or love it? I am thinking of purchasing it, but i havent seen much reviews about it, so would you recommend it?

So far I just like it. I have to use it a little longer before I can tell if I love it or not. :yep: i'm using this line exclusively, so I will be able to give a better review in a few weeks.

sunnieb

:nicethread:

I used Motions Moisture Plus Shampoo/Conditioner for years with no problems.

I tried Nexxus Therrappe/Nexxus Humectress last September and I quickly dumped Motions and haven't looked back! :lol:

I still use Motions CPR for my light protein.

My cowash conditioners are mainly Herbal Essences and Garnier.

My daily moisturizer is ORS Carrot Oil. I use NTM as needed.

Oils: Castor oil, EVCO, EVOO, and Hot Six Oil. I switch every once in a while.

I shampoo/dc 2x a week and cowash 2x a week. My hair loves water! :yep:

I protective-style (buns mostly) alot, but a week doesn't go by without me wearing my hair down at least once. :grin:

I don't use a brush or direct heat.

I self-relax every 14 weeks with Design Essentials Sensitive Scalp relaxer.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I only use Shampoo(s) to Neutralize or Clarify/Chelate.

Most of the time I use Conditioner or Cleansing Hair Creams.

kupenda

I shampoo twice a month at the salon but I have shampoo just in case I need it at home. No need to cowash in the summer for me because i go to the salon more often and get steam treatments. I'm due for a steam treatment in two weeks

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

danysedai

I started to do wash and go's, after washing and conditioning my hair, I applied John Frieda Dream Curls generously, some serum and scrunched my hair, sat under my dryer for about 10 minutes and then finished airdrying while watching tv. Slept with silk cap.
Next day I wore it loose and the following 2 days I've been wearing it up.I love the ease of it.

H4irHappy

I've found a staple shampoo in Elucence Moisture Benefits, love it! It's ph balanced ( I'm really into ph balancing now, i see a difference) and it smells so good, like peaches. I bought an 8 oz bottle from curlmart.com and it lasted me a pretty long while, but I'm going to invest in the liter.

I haven't found my staple conditioners, but all the conditioners that I use now work fine. I have too much conditioner, lol. My hydratherma products arrived today and so far I've used the daily growth lotion and it's a nice moisturizer. It smells so good, like cake batter.