Great book for relaxed sista's...it's a first!

ScandalousBeauty

Most of you probably already know about this book...Beautiful Black Hair by Shamboosie. She actually explains the relaxer, how to prevent as much damage as possible while staying relaxed, the 24 month growth program, and so much more. It's not a pretty book to look at, it's all black and white, but it's VERY informative. She praises Humectress, Batonoil and Keraphix, and gives detailed explanations of why we relaxed sista's NEED these in our lives. I would definitely purchase this book, and just learn about our hair. She doesn't go on and on about why we should go natural and that we are killing our hair. Just had to Rave!

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
yeah, it's been posted about many times. I'm sure there are others who haven't heard about this book though. I always thought Shamboosie was male. :lol:

ScandalousBeauty

Oh gosh, you might be right! I have no idea!

CurlyCrly said:
yeah, it's been posted about many times. I'm sure there are others who haven't heard about this book though. I always thought Shamboosie was male. :lol:

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
I have no idea either, but it seems that when people refer to shamboosie, they say "he". You might be right. I don't know. I haven't read the book. :)

Crysdon

LilChocolateMa said:
Most of you probably already know about this book...Beautiful Black Hair by Shamboosie. She actually explains the relaxer, how to prevent as much damage as possible while staying relaxed, the 24 month growth program, and so much more. It's not a pretty book to look at, it's all black and white, but it's VERY informative. She praises Humectress, Batonoil and Keraphix, and gives detailed explanations of why we relaxed sista's NEED these in our lives. I would definitely purchase this book, and just learn about our hair. She doesn't go on and on about why we should go natural and that we are killing our hair. Just had to Rave!

Shamboosie is male. You can find info about his book on the home page of this site.

webby

Think Slim
Crysdon said:
Shamboosie is male. You can find info about his book on the home page of this site.
Yep. Definitely male; my mum has his book and his pic is in it.

AnjelLuvs

would you recommend this book for a user like myself that always visits this site, or a user who has no clue...?

webby

Think Slim
AnjelLuvsUBabe said:
would you recommend this book for a user like myself that always visits this site, or a user who has no clue...?
Most of what Shamboosie recommends, we share with each other here. He has great advice for the non-believe (like my momma), who thought I was losing my ever-loving mind the first time I spent $20 for a few ounces of a conditioner :lol:

Now, she thinks she's an expert :lol: