big chop pics and hair leading up to it...

Embyra

Jan 09 Month 4 stretch 2 inches of regrowth in theses pics

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Feb 09 5 month stretch

Went to the hairdresser for wash etc this was the first out of 2 times i used heat during my year long stretch

July 09

sept09

oct 09

sept 2010

each roll used as a guide:nono::lachen:

November10
measured hair 23 inches back section

front longest 19 inches

big chop march 2011:grin: been about a month of following the curly girl method

hairlength 14 inches thats all folks:yep:

Embyra

felt kinda shame to put these up as you guys are the best at styling whereas me um :look:......

i dont have a proper reggie well only recently before the chop i would wash when i felt like it:look::ohwell:

i now wash every 10 days may stretch to 14 days dont judge me

i cant find longaid here :sad: so until i do i just use world of curls as a leave in till my next wash (i mix it with one tablespoon of silk amino powder i have done the same for eco styler)

use this brand for shampoo and conditoner http://www.nakedbodycare.co.uk/naked-rescue-intensive-care-shampoo-frizzy-damaged-hair.html

use tresmme naturals smooth and moisture for detangling and leave in thats all i have in my hair in the big chop pics

i always prepoo with coconut oil and another cheapie coconut conditioner left in overnight with hair wrapped in cling flim and silk scarf on top i have LOW porosity hair doing this defines my curls as the frizz has been reduced since going CG :yep:

Embyra

It's so crazy how different new growth looks from the big chop. Love your hair, it's beautiful!

thanks for posting :grin:very true about how different the hair looks after the chop i didn't believe it when i read others say it....well shame on me they were right:lachen::lachen:
i transitioned for nearly 2 and a half years and you would have thought that would be more than enough time to know what my hair will look like after the chop

Ijanei

Lots of growth and your hair grows quick. Beautiful curls. Congrats, look forward to following your journey

Uniqzoe

Your hair is absolutely gorgeous!!! It will not take long at all before your hair is back to its previous length!!

reeko43

Wow! Beautiful hair. What a long successful stretch! It has been 8 months for me and I am going through the flux. I can't imagine that I would have any hair left after 2.5 years!! Congrats!

Embyra

Wow! Beautiful hair. What a long successful stretch! It has been 8 months for me and I am going through the flux. I can't imagine that I would have any hair left after 2.5 years!! Congrats!

lool @ any hair left the majority of my transition i used a braid/weave spray im sure its called hollywoodbeauty
it has silicones glycerin etc it pulled me through many hard times if i find a pic ill post it:yep:

ycj1

YR HAIR IS GORGEOUS! I TRANSITIONED FOR LIKE 18 MONTHS AND ENDED UP CUTTING AGAIN OCT 2010 TO MAKE SURE I GOT RID OF ALL OF MY TEXLAXED ENDS