TONS OF PICS: 3 years natural & bada ba-ba baaaa...I'm lovin' it!

ChrissyB

Hey lovelies! It has seriously been forever since my last hair update but since I just uploaded some new pics to fotki, I figured I might as well share them with you too! If you are curious, my last update is here but the pics have disappeared so it's probably not very helpful, lol! Ok, enough talking, I know you came here for the pics!

Here goes:

My relaxed hair before the big chop. I big chopped Oct 2010.
beforechop.jpg

My hair 2 years and 2 months after the big chop:
bighairpic3.jpg

My hair semi-straightened in Oct 2013 for my book promo, exactly 3 years after the big chop. I don't think I did a length check, silly me! It's longer than it was before, it's just so poofy that you can't tell!
bighairpic2.jpg

It was cute the first few days, then it started looking like this:
bighairpic.jpg

Some of my typical hairstyles:

moi4.jpg

bighairpic5.jpg

moi.jpg

moi2.jpg

photo-7.jpg

bighairpic8.jpg

I'd say that at least 60% of the time I wear my hair up like this:
moi3.jpg

Thanks for looking, happy hair growing!​

Congrats on 3 years and your books! Beautiful as well.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

Gorgeous hair! Congrats on the great progress! Congrats on your new release too. Welcome to the club and here's to a bestseller! :cheers:

I love your hair.

I want deets on that last style and the one in the 5th picture. How did you do them. Is the last one just your twisted up in the back and poufed up in the front?

I love your hair.

I want deets on that last style and the one in the 5th picture. How did you do them. Is the last one just your twisted up in the back and poufed up in the front?

Thanks! I have a pic of the last style from the back, let me see if I can find it and post it later today. I just use a skinny headband, put it on at the nape of my neck and just roll it up until it hits the top of my head and all of my hair is failing forward. Then I use bobby pins to control exactly where the hair goes.

The 5th pic is for the most part a wash and go. I had about 1 hour before my even so I washed, dried with a t-shirt, then braided it up for about 45 min. Took it down, still pretty damp, and headed out the house. It turned out better than usual, lol!

Your hair is on point and I love your children's books. Exactly what I've been looking for this week so my son can see someone who looks like him in books. Keep it up!

Back