So is the Board Going to Stay Like This??

I don't know if this has been answered already but I'm finding the layout very unpleasant! The lack of contrast and amount of blank or white space is awful. So much so, that I don't enjoy the board and haven't signed on much. It seems that the majority feel the same way about this although I could be wrong. Is the board going to look like this permanently???

brooklyngal73

SteelyDan/DonaldFagenFan!
I'm praying that it changes--frankly, it looks stupid now. The content field should be centered and we should have the option in changing the skin.

aminata

I'm hoping its not the finished product, maybe they are still working out some of the formatting. It's a bit hard to read in my opinion.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
This is my first time on and I'm so lost. Where is User CP? I click that like 500 times a day...I NEED it! lol

Let me go try to feel my way around lol.

This is my first time on and I'm so lost. Where is User CP? I click that like 500 times a day...I NEED it! lol

Let me go try to feel my way around lol.
I click mine a gazillion times too and I was soooooo lost!!!! I found it tho. Its all the way on the top right but now its called Settings.

RossBoss

I hate the new look. What was so wrong with it before that they felt the need to change it? And the "Reply to thread" button is not working for me. I love this board but this new layout is making my experience more aggravating than anything.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
It's totally Un-User Friendly.:nono:

And it looks cheap and janky.:rolleyes:

I think the necessary security changes should :yep:be made and it should return back to normal.

I've found myself limiting the time I spend, because it is just not that appealing, hard to navigate and just an overall Hotmess:lachen:

Princess4real

It looks awful on my blackberry. The words are all on top of each other. I didn't
have this problem before viewing the forum on my BB and I tried to change my
settings on my phone but the words are still all crazy looking and can hardly
be read.

Can we get some feedback from the powers that be on this? I honestly can't see myself renewing for $6.50 for this. It would not be worthwhile. This has got to be a draft layout or something... Just though I'd put that out there lol.

Last edited:

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
I think I have answered this many times but one more will not hurt.

As per the announcement - which I am sure most of you did not read :D - the changes to the forum will continue for the next few weeks.

I understand all the frustration, I really do, but what did you want me to do? Just stick with a forum software version that had some security holes and the support was going to be discontinued or move forward just because it doesn't look nice?

If say you have the money already, and someone tells you that your current car will cease to be serviced in 6 months what would you do? Continue driving it until it breaks at which point you have no car, or make an effort to change it to a newer model? It is the same thing with the forum.

I chose to upgrade to the latest version. More features, better security, faster forum. Now granted the white background is a bit annoying - more to some than others. However I had a choice to make:

1. Close the forum down until all the upgrades are done and open it only to a few that would serve as a pilot group and with their feedback make changes
2. Upgrade the forum and continue the changes.

Option 1 closes the forum for a month, option 2 closes the forum for a day. I chose the latter so shoot me :)

There is a multitude of things going on at the same time and I am trying to prioritize as much as possible based on severity of the problem.

I am not ignoring you - I write everything you say down, but to be quite honest, being impatient and nagging is not going to achieve anything.

So to summarize:

If you feel you do not like the forum looks as it is right now and you want to leave - go for it
If you feel you do not like the forum looks as it is right now but are willing to see what the final changes are - take a break and come back in a week or two
If you can bear the forum as it is now - stick around
If you like the new layout - just do what you do :)

There is no way for me to do something that will make everyone happy. We all know that. But what I can do is offer choices (particularly speaking about the style of the forum).

Thank you for your understanding :)

brg240

I am not ignoring you - I write everything you say down, but to be quite honest, being impatient and nagging is not going to achieve anything.
how is this nagging? If you are getting pms or something from the same person constantly like every 5 min maybe but someone making a thread with questions. not so much.

Also, I didn't see the announcement at all. I don't know where it is. So maybe you answered it in there because you didn't answer in your reply but will the site stay so white?

1. Close the forum down until all the upgrades are done and open it only to a few that would serve as a pilot group and with their feedback make changes
If you thought about option 1 I don't see the problem with this thread. People are expressing their thoughts on the changes your making and shouldn't it help you?

kittikat24

I agree, I no longer enjoy coming here because its still under-construction..but I'll take Niko's option #2.
I'll come back in a week or two to enjoy its new look!lol

Well, when I looked at the Latest Upgrade banner last night it said none of the things you just posted Dimo, only that the board was being upgraded. Sorry if my questions were nagging but I thought that was what this particular section was for, to ask questions.

My bad.

bronzebomb

My goodness...I'm sure the board will be better than before. Stick around, come back, but let's stop complaining and let's talk about hair! I like some of the changes...I'm sure I'll like others.

newbeginnings2010

I think I have answered this many times but one more will not hurt.

As per the announcement - which I am sure most of you did not read :D - the changes to the forum will continue for the next few weeks.

I understand all the frustration, I really do, but what did you want me to do? Just stick with a forum software version that had some security holes and the support was going to be discontinued or move forward just because it doesn't look nice?

If say you have the money already, and someone tells you that your current car will cease to be serviced in 6 months what would you do? Continue driving it until it breaks at which point you have no car, or make an effort to change it to a newer model? It is the same thing with the forum.

I chose to upgrade to the latest version. More features, better security, faster forum. Now granted the white background is a bit annoying - more to some than others. However I had a choice to make:

Option 1 closes the forum for a month, option 2 closes the forum for a day. I chose the latter so shoot me :)

There is a multitude of things going on at the same time and I am trying to prioritize as much as possible based on severity of the problem.

So to summarize:

If you feel you do not like the forum looks as it is right now and you want to leave - go for it
If you feel you do not like the forum looks as it is right now but are willing to see what the final changes are - take a break and come back in a week or two
If you can bear the forum as it is now - stick around
If you like the new layout - just do what you do :)

There is no way for me to do something that will make everyone happy. We all know that. But what I can do is offer choices (particularly speaking about the style of the forum).

Thank you for your understanding :)

I'm with you dimopolous! That's why I'm trying to be patient. I work in instructional design and I handle a large portion of my department's website, and I understand what it's like to experience glitches and changes. And if you plan on doing a pilot group and shutting down...pick me, pick me! :lol:

ThePerfectScore

I'm so busy with school that I haven't been on for a week, so it was like coming home to you walls knocked down inside your house and someone telling you come back home in a week and there will be rooms again. Lol

Newtogrow

My eyes are killing me from this brightness. If I can't read the forum.....then what? I just want to know about the color.

JaneiR36

Nikos said site skins were going to be implemented, just hadn't yet.

I wonder if part of the problem is the various threads on the subject; he has no way of knowing that we haven't read a particular thread where he's answered 1001 questions.

To be honest, Nikos' answer here now makes me more curious than ever about something. Update this big, why no advance warning that it was coming via an announcement or forum email or something? Were the security issues so great that the update had to be a surprise? I don't think people would be so shocked with problems if they knew the upgrade was coming and what we were potentially getting into in advance.

Personally, though, the website functions on both my devices and I can easily darken my screen(s) whenever I want so I'll continue to manage. But I did go through some serious withdrawal when the board was shut down and wondered why we couldn't have been given a small heads up.

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
well i am growing more used to this new board, and i love the new 'reply with quote' feature,i can quote someone without loading a new page! yitadee! the ability to imbed videos is awesome too, so i don't have to click any links to other websites.

i just hope the link to see thanked posts comes back. ♥

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
I'm with you dimopolous! That's why I'm trying to be patient. I work in instructional design and I handle a large portion of my department's website, and I understand what it's like to experience glitches and changes. And if you plan on doing a pilot group and shutting down...pick me, pick me! :lol:

Ayo, pick me too. :sekret:
I'm not too fond of the new layout myself, but I can't be without my LHCF fix for a month. The layout now makes me feel like...a crackhead finding crack with some hairs and an ant on it. It may not be nice fresh crack, but it's still crack, so heyy. :lol:

Blessed2bless

Nikos,
I truly understand what you are dealing with and know that you are getting paid to do your job. It's your tone I have an issue with. Tis all!

lea86111

omg!! i just logged in through the computer (usually i log in from the phone) and it doesn't look bad at all!! i actually quite like it, it looks elegant and put together!! very cool, dare i say, i like this better?