In All Seriousness, What is the Problem With the Board?

Cincysweetie

I don't mean any disrespect and this is NOT me trying to be a smart a$$. I'm a member of 5 message boards including LHCF and this is the ONLY one that I consistently have problems accessing (and interestingly enough, the only one for which I pay a membership fee). I would estimate that at least twice a month this board or particular forums on the board are down anywhere from several hours to several days. In all fairness, the majority of the problems are resolved in a timely manner but the main issue I have is that the problems occur so frequently and usually with no explanation or estimated time of repair. So, moderators and administrators, what is the problem? Is the server too small? Is the site going through some repairs that we don't known about? How can these problems be resolved so that in the future we do not have to deal with board interruptions, and especially not so frequently? TIA.

beverly

Admin (November 2020 Photo)
Staff member
I really do apologize. I agree if you pay for a service it should work well.

None of the mod's or admin work at this site full time. In fact the mod's volunteer.

As I have explained in the past, the $5 yearly fee goes to the hosting, and any maintenance (software upgrades - which happen yearly) consultation fees that are paid for technical expert (s) who work on the site. In the past, it was not a popular idea for us to increase the fee, and to be on this site 25/7, so it was decided to keep things as they were. However, I am investigating other alternatives for improved reliability.

If anybody wants a refund, please send an email to the paypal email address that you paid with and I will close your account and issue a refund.

Thank you for your patience.