Summer 10 Wet Bun Challenge

MissMusic

Hello Ladies!!!!!!!

I want to keep a good thing going. Many ladies have seen great growth and length retention from wet bunning and I want to obtain this same success. So who wants to join me?

The Challenge will begin the first day of summer:
June 21st, 2010
and end the last day of summer
September 21st, 2010
For a total of 13 weeks!

Rules:
1. Wet bun/protective style at least 5 days a week!
2. 2 Passes (Use these as you please)

Please post weekly updates on the products that will aid you in this challenge and what method of wet bunning you will follow (baggy, tiffers style, co-wash daily to every other day, etc.)?

*ON DAY ONE OF THE CHALLENGE PLEASE POST YOUR PRODUCTS, METHOD OF BUNNING AND A STARTING PIC!

Some threads on the subject:
Tiffers tutorial:
http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/20932966
Wet Bunning Testimonials:
http://longhaircareforum.com/...ht=wet+bunning
Current Results Thread:
http://longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=11281914#post11281914

Challengers
MCrzyGr
20Something
Danniquin
Miryoku
drappedup
Nixx23jamm
Nouvelle
Whimsy
Stiletto_Diva
CTBhair
Kusare
Prettykinks
donewit-it
lewanda
Black Hoya Chick
Hijabiflygirl
lacreolegurl
janda
Gleek
Simply elle
classychic1908
TheGlamorousLife
gottabme247
MrsSmith77
dede1129
divachyk
lovelylocks
natstar
rockstar
cutenss
Qurlyqt
grow
BriDa5242

Last edited:

KurlyNinja

I've already started wet bunning since its been getting warmer and I'm trying to stay away from heat. This challenge will keep me motivated. Transitioning and trying to make it to shoulder length by the end of the summer.

My Friend

What length does you hair have to be in it's natural state to achieve a bun? I haven't flat ironed my hair since I started my journey and I'm unsure if I can make a decent looking bun.

drappedup

I have my hair in a (wet) bun 98% of the time anyway and so I wanna join! :grin:

I'm looking forward to continuing for the rest of the year, not even just summer, lol.

Nixx22jam

Add me please I just started wet buning this week. I washed and deep condition with DPR11. then lathered on some coconut oil and my sheabutter mix and a lil eco styler and thats it. I dont do much brushing. I lightly brush the edges with a soft brush and tie them down with a du- rag. Is a du- rag good for your hair, or would I still have to use my silk scarf?

MissMusic

What length does you hair have to be in it's natural state to achieve a bun? I haven't flat ironed my hair since I started my journey and I'm unsure if I can make a decent looking bun.

When I was natural I could bun when I reached close to APL. My hair is thick, so it would have to be wet for me to get it in a bun, lol.

For the challenge it can be any kind of wet protective style, so if you are doing cornrows, as long as they are wet, you can join. HTH!

LadyRaider

Okay... I watched videos of wet bunning. People put a lot of gel in their hair to slick it back.

Are they washing that crap out each time, or just co-washing and adding more?

KurlyNinja

Okay... I watched videos of wet bunning. People put a lot of gel in their hair to slick it back.

I've NEVER used gel because it scares the crap out of me. Even in junior high and high school when gel was the "it" thing I never used it. So I don't see the point of starting now. Plus I feel like my bun stays in place most of the day with just being wet and air drying. But thats just me. Plenty of other ladies use it without a problem.

Whimsy

Oooh add me please. I'm going back to my bunning ways since I'll be going back to a corporate job soon. I'll likely bun 4-5 days a week, will cowash every other day or so, and moisturize/seal or spritz/seal daily.

Let's get some summer retention!!!

MissMusic

No gel for me. Just put a scarf on for a couple minutes after completing the bun and your edges will lay down.

Stiletto_Diva

Count me in. I just put my hair in a bun last night. I rinsed out my conditioner and smoothed my hair back with ecostyler gel using my hands. I lightly brushed by hair back and but it into a ponytail. I put EVOO over my hair and put the ponytail into a bun.

My hair tends to get dry really easy so I will be DC'ing 2x/week and putting my hair right back into a bun.

CTBhair

Please add me to the challenge. I have to take a pass that first weekend for my Birthday Party (already have the styles down and none are protective), but I am in for the summer! I did the bunning challenge last fall and it was a big help with growth and retention.

Fhrizzball

Sorry, but it has to be some kind of wet protective style? Are you using any of the juices cause using those to bun with counts?

I use braid spray and a water spritz to moisten my bun before I put it in but I don't have my hair drenched so how wet is wet for a wet bun?

prettykinks

I would like to join the challenge! My hair is in a bun 90% of the time anyway! I got to go get more products to keep it wet and moisturized. Right now I cowash and use JBCO or braidspray or whatever I decide to use in the cabinets.

MissMusic

I would like to join the challenge! My hair is in a bun 90% of the time anyway! I got to go get more products to keep it wet and moisturized. Right now I cowash and use JBCO or braidspray or whatever I decide to use in the cabinets.

Welcome to the challenge!!!!

donewit-it

I'd like to join. Perfect timing.

I just self-texlaxed my natural hair after almost 4 years of being natural, last week.

I'm really loving the results.

But you know what, I'm not trying to blow dry, let alone style this head of hair during the summer.

I noticed that my hair looks kinda cute, in just a wet bun. I can do this.

Minty

I'm in. DC/rollerset 2x a week and I wear my hair out for those days, the rest of the time its in a bun or wet bun. I let the bun out at night for an hour and put it back up (don't want sour hair).