2010 Peanut Butter Hair Challenge

beautyaddict1913

i would imagine that peanut butter would be so hard to remove from hair....anybody ever had gum stuck in their hair when you were little and had someone try to remove it with peanut butter and dishwashing liquid? lol...what a pain!

choctaw

Irish moss peanut butter drink would be smooth enough and might not stick to hair. there are also some peanut butter/broth recipes for soup. might be easy to just use peanut oil :)

Last edited:

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Preciouslove get outta my head!! Would you believe I was looking @ my bro's HUGE tub of PB yesterday and was thinking "I wonder how this stuff would be on hair?" This should be interesting..

Beautyaddict, maybe one could thin it out with a light oil -coconut perhaps? IDK...

preciouslove0x

:blush: How would you use peanut butter externally? You have my undivided attention.:giggle:

Bored as heck one week... I put a tablespoon of PB in a blender and half a cup (I have a TWA) of olive oil and half a cup of water right after. Blended it. It went over very smooth (surprisingly). My hair felt like butter (no pun intended) after I washed it out 10 minutes later! Now I'm pretty sure I should have left it on longer but I didn't know what the effects would be (I had to keep it safe the first go-around).

But I've heard from MANY of my YT friends that they've eaten PB for faster growth. They've told me that if you don't get more than average a month from the PB then you'll at least get 1/2 inch.

Of course I'm still skeptical b/c it's not like they have NG to tell :)ohwell:) but even now that I'm natural I can STILL tell when my hair has gotten longer.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Irish moss peanut butter drink would be smooth enough and might not stick to hair. there are also some peanut butter/broth recipes for soup. might be easy to just use peanut oil :)

I might just figure out how to make a peanut butter smoothie.:lick: Now, I'm hungry.:look::lachen:

choctaw

I might just figure out how to make a peanut butter smoothie.:lick: Now, I'm hungry.:look::lachen:

don't get me started. might have to go to the store to get an aloe vera leaf and some lowfat milk. got some peanut butter & some gnc aloe vera juice (tasteless)

:look: but aloe vera will clean your insides out ... might have to save this as a hair conditioner :lachen::lachen::lachen:

LittleLuxe

Hmmm, maybe for conditioning purposes though I can't help (sorry) but doubt exactly how much growth you could get from peanut butter.

Although...:look:

Wouldn't that e crazy as heck if THAT was the reason we all had such adorable healthy hair as children??? :lachen:

Mixing up MN and downing protein shakes and sleeping in oil while the ol peanut butter jelly sandwich will fix us right up. :lick:

You ladies are awesome, I'll mix up some peanut butter in my next conditioner and see for myself. :yep:

DrC

Nope never tried peanut butter, but I wouldnt want to since it has a "sticky/heavy" consistency and that is not good for the hair. Maybe if you mix it with something else like an oil (coconut, olive, sunfower etc) or a conditioner then maybe you'll have something, but I think plain peanut butter by itself in hair sounds like a disaster in the making.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I have a TWA and I'm having a hard time with knots in my hair. Anything that will help me, I am willing to use. Sorry if we made you feel bad. We try to offer support to everyone. It's just that your idea is really unconventional.:giggle: I hope you're not angry at some replies.:rosebud:

preciouslove0x

Pat yourself on the back, young lady. you gave me an idea for a protein conditioner (peanut butter, aloe vera juice and milk or full fat yogurt).

Yay! I'm glad I could be of assistance :yep:

I plan to use peanut butter once a week (or up to 10 days) for four to five weeks and see what happens. PB is VERY cheap at places like Wally World so if I run out (I've had a jar of this stuff for 3 months now :perplexed). I won't use any heat though but will use a plastic cap. As far as eating it.... well I don't really like PB like that so I'll try it..... once in a while.... sorry that's all I can say :lachen:

Last edited:

DrC

Bored as heck one week... I put a tablespoon of PB in a blender and half a cup (I have a TWA) of olive oil and half a cup of water right after. Blended it. It went over very smooth (surprisingly). My hair felt like butter (no pun intended) after I washed it out 10 minutes later! Now I'm pretty sure I should have left it on longer but I didn't know what the effects would be (I had to keep it safe the first go-around).

But I've heard from MANY of my YT friends that they've eaten PB for faster growth. They've told me that if you don't get more than average a month from the PB then you'll at least get 1/2 inch.

Of course I'm still skeptical b/c it's not like they have NG to tell :)ohwell:) but even now that I'm natural I can STILL tell when my hair has gotten longer.

Oh okay so you DID mix it with other things. I was under the impression that you meant to slather straight peanut butter on your hair. I misconstrued your post.

Last edited:

Tiye

Skeptical. I've gone through periods where I eat a lot of peanut butter and never noticed any faster hair growth. As a conditioner - I'll pass - I think there'd be a lingering scent. Roasting peanuts smell good but not as perfume.

preciouslove0x

I have a TWA and I'm having a hard time with knots in my hair. Anything that will help me, I am willing to use. Sorry if we made you feel bad. We try to offer support to everyone. It's just that your idea is really unconventional.:giggle: I hope you're not angry at some replies.:rosebud:

No I'm far from angry. It just seems like lately some cranky people have been clicking on threads they KNOW they won't be able to see the positive/benefit in... :ohwell:

As far as conventionality, well one thing that might not be conventional for you might be conventional for someone else. I know my brother won a STRANGE competition recently where he won 3 boxes of some type of juice mix. Yea... he doesn't even like juice like that :lachen:

preciouslove0x

Skeptical. I've gone through periods where I eat a lot of peanut butter and never noticed any faster hair growth. As a conditioner - I'll pass - I think there'd be a lingering scent. Roasting peanuts smell good but not as perfume.

:lachen:about the perfume. I'm not too fond of it myself. And thanks for the input. I'll see for myself for a few weeks. So far I like how my hair feels afterwards.

lwilliams1922

i 've been looking for an excuse ...uhhh, I mean reason to make peanut butter cookies.
I found a healthy recipie but I ate almost the whole batch!

Blkprincess

I just popped my head in just to see what the thread was about, and the first thing that comes to mind is to go watch "The Peanut Butter Solution" movie from the 80's. bump it, I'm going to go watch it anyway:lachen: