What does your hair like?

My hair loves Alter Ego Garlic Hot Oil Treatment (expensive taste:sad:)
Aphogee 2 Minute (once every two weeks)
Otherwise, my hair loves it when I leave it alone and let it do what it do

coconut oil
Aussie Moist
2 strand Twists
Denman brush
Herbal essences LTR leave in
lots and lots of protien

My hair likes/loves:

Vatika Oil
Air Drying
Wet Bunning
Aussie Moist
Joico Moisture Recovery Conditioner
Amla Oil
Low-Manipulation/To be left alone
Low/no heat
Once every week-2weeks washing
DCW's once or twice a week
Hot Oil Treatments
Conditioner as a leave-in
To be tied up every night faithfully
Bigen Permanent Hair Color

...I could go on and on. My hair isn't too picky when it comes to the basics. I can pretty much put anything in my hair and it'll go with the flow, lol. Except heat, strong protein, and SLS/ALS shampoos.

HOTs
DCs overnight
Lacio Lacio
Light Protein
Elasta Mango Butter
Coconut Oil
Minimal Manipulation

Right now my hair is really liking Oyin Handmade's Whipped Butter.

It has the consistency of ice cream. I know that's insane, but I really like the texture of this product. It's thick enough yet light.

My hair likes virgin coconut oil, raw shea butter, castor oil, my homemade spritz, a homemade/natural dc, homemade caramel treatment, Darcy's Botanicals Hair Milk and Curling Jelly, Ion Hardwater Shampoo, and low manipulation.

Last edited:
My hair LOVES those VO5 Moisture Milk conditioners as a Co-wash! Makes all the difference in the world. Also likes olive oil.

• Nexxus Humectin mixed w/ NTM silk touch as a moisturizer
  • Deep conditioning with heat
  • Protein treatment with egg
  • Baggy & bun w/ scarf and never combed (doesn't like to come out and play :lachen::spinning::lachen::spinning:)

:lachen:..........well then you need to train it and tell it how it is......LMBO!

Still trying to figure it out. So far for sure:
-Salerm 21
-Infusium 23
-ACV Rinses

this is something I'm yet to try.......hmmmmm

Coconut and Jojoba Oil
Cones
Low/No heat
Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
Co-Washes
Rusk Smoother Leave-in

read pretty good reviews about this, :perplexed my wish list is getting bigger....:look:

My hair likes virgin coconut oil, raw shea butter, castor oil, my homemade spritz, a homemade/natural dc, homemade caramel treatment, Darcy's Botanicals Hair Milk and Curling Jelly, Ion Hardwater Shampoo, and low manipulation.

d9mn!!!.........your hair is pretty "organic" .........:lachen::lachen:

I guess so huh?:) I really wanted commericial conditioners and leave ins to work for me, but they would always leave my hair feeling dry. I am very glad however that I found my staples.................after a year and a half of searching:sad:. Anyways, about those acv rinses, I'v been thinking about trying one of those myself. What do they do exactly?

Definitely natural / cone free type conditioners and leave ins.

I realized this 4 years ago when the only conditioners that worked for me that I really liked was Elucence MB and Kenra MC. I used those two exclusively for quite some time along w/Giovanni leave in conditioner. This combo left my hair soft and fairly moisturized.

Fast forward, now I use Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Nectar as a leave in and it's beautiful as well, I like it better than the Giovanni. For conditioners, while I still have Kenra MC, I've been using Giovanni Moisturizing Conditioner mixed w/ Aubrey Organics HSR and this mixture is so rich and gives my hair much needed moisture. I also love her mask conditioner, it is pricey but it is soo worth it for my hair. When I comb it out I have very minimal hair that comes out and my hair feels a little stronger. I have to suck it up and buy it b/c I feel it's worth it.

I cannot use V05 or even 90% of the things mentioned on this board, thru trial and error I know what will work for me, and that's cone free conditioners w/ a lot of emollients. Ex: If I wanted to go the cheaper route, the Yes to Carrots Conditioner works for me too :up:

Today as I got a wash and set, the hairdresser kept complimenting me on how soft my hair is, she said a lot of customers need help but my hair is good, I know what I'm doing :lol:

So in short I could not live w/o:

-Karen's Body Beautiful hair milk and Hair Nectar
-Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious Locks Mask
-Aubrey Organics HSR mixed w/ Giovanni 50/50 moisturizing conditioner
-Giovanni Tea Tree conditioner.... this is such a great rinse out conditioner, I am on my 2nd bottle of their liter size conditioner. It's excellent as a rinse out and to use as a detangler, or for a quick wash, or a conditioner wash. Drug store conditioners pale in comparison to this, and it's cheap too :yep: . I'm realizing that I can mix Aubrey HSR along w/ the Giovanni Tea Tree conditioner too for excellent results, so I don't have to rebuy their 50/50 conditioner :drunk:.

The jist, I know what type of products work for my hair and how to play around with it. My hair also never gets tired of anything I've listed above, their is no build up, no problems, just soft and very moisturized hair. It took me 3 years on this board to 'get it' now I'm good :yep:.

Back