Naturals: Frizz

hotshot

Hey fellow naps,
I have realized that over the years my hair has become more frizzy in texture. Overall, my general texture is frizzier, although it feels healthier and more moisturized if that makes sense. Does anyone know what creates frizz externally (products, handling) or internally (hormones, too much protein, etc?) I know your texture changes with time but I can't keep twists for more than a few days without them becoming a mess. Maybe I should use gel? Im not feeling the frizz so I need help!

TIA!

Natural hair is by nature...frizzy.

So your ar e doing real good to keep twist for a few days.

Shea butter keeps my frizz down for about 2 days and then moisture kicks in and the frizz comes out at night!

Unless you're willing to go to something like silicone products...you might have to get used to it.

I think the biggest cause of frizz is Humidity/moisture. I guess this just means that your hair holds moisture well. I :love: when my hair frizzes up when it's all out. When it's twisted up or in some kind of style that I paid for though, I become very :mad: .

When i say frizz, i mean it just feels and looks different. as though its too light. im not talking about curl definition or "smooth" hair. not fuzzy, it keeps shape less than it used too in my years of nappiness. i know i couldnt pull off washing and wearing twists for weeks or a month at a time because it would lose all semblence by the end of week one.

My hair is like a barometer (does that word even exist in English? LOL) - I can tell how much humidity there is in the air every day just from watching my hair frizz... :D
So IMO the more humidity, the more frizz.

hotshot said:
When i say frizz, i mean it just feels and looks different. as though its too light. im not talking about curl definition or "smooth" hair. not fuzzy, it keeps shape less than it used too in my years of nappiness. i know i couldnt pull off washing and wearing twists for weeks or a month at a time because it would lose all semblence by the end of week one.

r u talking about limp or flyaway hair??? :confused:

Back