Ponytail wrap...my hair got pretty straight doing this.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I almost forgot to post this up. Anyway, I'm just gonna put it up because it might help someone.

I nicknamed it a ponytail wrap. I actually got the idea years ago from mija (thanks mija if you're out there).

This involves no direct heat. You can airdry if you want but I don't have days to wait so I sit under the dryer.

I wash my hair and put it in two low ponytails. Comb and smooth the ponytail as smooth as you can while directing it up and across your forehead. Clip as you go with snap clips or whatever you want to use. I did both of my ponytails going up and crossed over each other. Oh, and I tied it down with one of those wrap scarves I think it's called. It's a must to tie it down at least part of the time it's drying. This really helps it dry flat.

If I had done a silk wrap after this my hair would probably be flat iron straight....almost, hmm.

It took forever to dry though. My intentions were to do this so I could try caruso's again....not so good:nono:.

ceebee3

What happened with the carusos, did you try them at all or did you think it wouldn't look right.

I want to use mine, but I don't feel like blow drying so your idea looks pretty good.

LadyPaniolo

Hmm... I wonder if I could get pretty waves doing this? I don't think it would straighten my hair all the way, but it could still stretch it and let me show a little length without the flat iron.

Thanks for posting this!

sharifeh

interesting! Impressive how straight it came out.

It kind of looks like the pictures I see of polynesian people's hair, straight but not.... lol

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Hmm... I wonder if I could get pretty waves doing this? I don't think it would straighten my hair all the way, but it could still stretch it and let me show a little length without the flat iron.

Thanks for posting this!

Your welcome :). I think it would work great for anyone wanting a stretched out no-heat style....dosen't have to be completely straight. Banding gives really pretty waves too so that's another option.

What happened with the carusos, did you try them at all or did you think it wouldn't look right.

I want to use mine, but I don't feel like blow drying so your idea looks pretty good.

The caruso's just frustrated me, lol. I have a lot of patience but not much for those for some reason. It was my second attempt and they worked ok for a frizzy big hair look but they wouldn't be something I would reach for often at all so I took them back.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
It does look pretty straight. You think a do a braid out could be done, once its been stretched like that? You have lovely hair btw.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
It does look pretty straight. You think a do a braid out could be done, once its been stretched like that? You have lovely hair btw.
Definitely:yep:. That's what I ended up doing with it. It shows more length than doing a wet/damp braid-out.

Mz.MoMo5235

ooh, interesting... this is a good alt for stretching with minimal heat and effort (compared to roller setting, especially for dorks like me lol). i like this. you give me such great ideas! pony tail roller set, now the pony tail wrap... WHAT ELSE CAN BE DONE WITH A PONY??? lol

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
ooh, interesting... this is a good alt for stretching with minimal heat and effort (compared to roller setting, especially for dorks like me lol). i like this. you give me such great ideas! pony tail roller set, now the pony tail wrap... WHAT ELSE CAN BE DONE WITH A PONY??? lol
:lachen:

Girl I'm always thinking, wow....the base of most of my techniques is a pony!:lachen:

Have you seen the banding that I do with two ponies....that one is good too.

The power of the pony!

Mz.MoMo5235

:lachen:

Girl I'm always thinking, wow....the base of most of my techniques is a pony!:lachen:

Have you seen the banding that I do with two ponies....that one is good too.

The power of the pony!

i have not seen that one! :lachen: but if it works it works! is it in your fotki and if yes do i need to be signed in to see it cause i dont have a fotki... though i should get one just so i can see peoples pix lol

eta: by the way, the brushed out roller set in my avi is a pony tail roller set that was sloppily cross wrapped over nite. got my hair pretty straight i must say. i like the pony tail method cause i cant do a real roller set. not enough hand eye coordination to do that lol

Last edited:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
i have not seen that one! :lachen: but if it works it works! is it in your fotki and if yes do i need to be signed in to see it cause i dont have a fotki... though i should get one just so i can see peoples pix lol

eta: by the way, the brushed out roller set in my avi is a pony tail roller set that was sloppily cross wrapped over nite. got my hair pretty straight i must say. i like the pony tail method cause i cant do a real roller set. not enough hand eye coordination to do that lol
It came out beautiful!

Yes it's in my fotki but i really need to re-do it because I had a bad camera at the time. http://public.fotki.com/Pokahontas/roller-sets/another_way_to_air-dry/

cutenss

I have done this before. I just did to ponys going up and down. And I love to band ponys. I like the wave effect I get. Thanks Poka :yep:

SimplyBlessed

I'm starting to wear my hair but I like it stretched out, but do not want to use heat...I will def try this out and then probably do a braid out