MBL 2010

exubah

:blush: I was hoping that someone (with more time/experience on the board) would have started a thread for those hoping to achieve MBL before Dec 2010 by now but I guess I'm gonna bite the bullet and get it going. It's almost the end of 2009 and I am so ready to focus on getting my hair to full blunt MBL.

There are no rules. You know or can learn through other threads and/or trial and error what you have to do to achieve this goal. Just post updates periodically and if you have a desire to post pics you can do so. I plan to post a starting picture January 2010 (God willing).

Here is what I have plan for 2010....

• Deep condition at least once a week
  • Light protein every other week
  • Henna/Indigo every 6 weeks
  • Relax every 10wks minimum
  • Protective style a minimum of 90% of the time
  • Cut back on trimming and just dust every relaxer
  • Try to Keep It Simple!!!

Participants (Names will be added until 1/8/10 but anyone can join at anytime!!)

Exubah
Starronda
boingboing:cake:
longhairdreamzz
Kiffany
Krymsonkween
sipp100
CherryPie
ppg0069
ceebee3
mwedzi
beana
2themax
washize
my-my
lawyer2be371
Kellum
Ellie09
lolasmane
Firstborn2
LiberianGirl
aa9746
AnitaTheLengths
chellero
bestblackgirl
SweetDYMEond
Teja
Black Hoya Chick :cake:
sheba1
soonergirl
bludaydreamr
JJamiah :cake:
healthyhair2
Ediese
Galadriel
Serenity Peace
southerncitygirl
kamisha
Kurlee
Kerryann
joyizkey
LivingDol1
SuchMagnificance :cake:
Nightingale
finewine83
Minnie
deltagyrl
tocktick
Mrs. Verde
Frisky
Whimsy :cake:
ImFree27
It~Can~Grow
MissNadia
20perlz
Angel of the North
Sunshine One
J-Moe
angie1985
MissBCurly
bimtheduck
lalla:cake:
SaSSy
starrz329
lane:cake:
Southernbella.
Miamori
asummertyme
twinkletoes17
lilsparkle825
Kimbosheart
casey3035:cake:
joyandfaith
Qualitee
LoveLiLi
ebonimama
phychugirl
Minnie
princessnad
TressObsessed
classychic1908:cake:
NorthernCalGal
nakialovesshoes
beauti
redantz00
dimechiq
Seven7
luxurious lengths
cutenss
mEmYSELFaNDj:cake:
Scorpimini14720
Petite One
Aviah
nucienuce1
Jewell
DREAMIN
Miss Congeniality
LeNghtyDreAms
Ms CoCo37
princessdi
rinahbaby
sharifeh
MilaXs3
NikkiGirl :cake:
HKKelly
Ms Twana:cake:
Juspri
tash85
Auburn
mnemosyne
adf23
queenvdb
Nice & Wavy
MrsIQ
fitnessmommy
Inana04
Butterfly08 :cake:
taj :cake:
chavascandy
LongCurlyLocks
naturalepiphany
Diva Esq
Ms. Feliz
ConvolutedCurly
blessedandlucky
Kurli-Q
LongiLox
jreagins
JustKiya
FNP-2009
ButterCaramel
Bluetopia
bigbrowneyez
*Michelle*
Mz Zartavia
Wynndie
BahamaMama
silvergirl
growinstrong
Jade Feria
NJoy :cake:
beauti4dlo
tsmith

Last edited:

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
I'm in! I'd like to be mbl by the end of March. If not, I know I'll make it before summer 2010

MsBoinglicious

I got these stupid layers. I believe i am about BSB. I think I may have about 3-4 inches till i reach it MBL. I won't be full MBL but i think i can get my longest layer to hit it. I'll join as well!

Bun Mistress

I'm in in in!!! Sorry MBL is my goal length. I don't know if I'll get it by December 2010 but here goes nothing.
Plan:
DC every wash; light protein once weekly
Henna once a month with a little heavy protein added
direct heat every three months
continue to PS

I went from SL to full APL in 9 months, so who knows may get lucky.

Krymsonkween

I am n probally may not make it but it will b fun:
Wash 1x week
DC 1x week
Bun 3x week
Relax every 12wks
Vitamins
Thats it!:lachen:

exubah

Okay, I'm happy to see that I already have some LHCF sisters on board!

I plan to take the following into 2010 with me...

Henna
Indigo
JBCO
EVCO
Aphogee 2 min
ORS Replenishing Pak
Alter Ego Garlic Oil Treatment
Lacio Lacio
Rusk Smoother
Giovanni Direct Leave-In
AO GBP
Hydratherma Naturals Growth Lotion

ChristmasCarol

I'm in!

Currently in month 7 of transition.

I plan on cowashing 2x/wk and DC 1x/wk
Wear protective styles 5 days/wk
Only use direct heat 2x/month
Keep air in house humidified during winter
Mostly fingercomb, only comb in the shower
Keep it simple!

Attachments

• december2009lengthcheck 003.jpg
    december2009lengthcheck 003.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

*CherryPie*

I'M in. I'm a little past BSB/BSL. I'll probably make it by the summer.

I'm going to continue to:

wash and DC once a week
moisturze twice a day
porosity control once a week
clarify once a month

I'll also start protective styling and using less heat.

I can't wait to get to MBL!!

PPGbubbles

Im barely APL now so MBL is a suuuuuper stretch (fingers crossed)

But ima just join this challenge to keep my eye on the prize!!! I do a length check in late Jan so I will post a starting pic then

Mainly I hope to learn a lot from the other challengers in this thread.

I am in a strict PS challenge till the end of april so my regimen will consist of aggressive protective stylin with bi weekly washes/ conditioning treatment.
Im also on a personal no trims challenge. I will do a light dusting at the end of Jan and the end of april..... gotta break my scissor happy habits

best of luck to u all!!!

ceebee3

I'm in the same boat barely scraping APL:spinning: I like to be optimistic, I'll try to see what happens on the road to MBL. It's really not far from BSL/BSB on me, so I might surprise myself.

I'll just keep doing what I've been doing

Hot Oil or Protein
Shampoo
Deep Condition
Rollerset or bun
Moisturize and seal

I'll post a pic in January.

Im barely APL now so MBL is a suuuuuper stretch (fingers crossed)

But ima just join this challenge to keep my eye on the prize!!! I do a length check in late Jan so I will post a starting pic then

Mainly I hope to learn a lot from the other challengers in this thread.

I am in a strict PS challenge till the end of april so my regimen will consist of aggressive protective stylin with bi weekly washes/ conditioning treatment.
Im also on a personal no trims challenge. I will do a light dusting at the end of Jan and the end of april..... gotta break my scissor happy habits

best of luck to u all!!!

cch24

i'd like to join. my avatar is my hair in august, and i think the tips of my hair may be mbl when i straighten for christmas. i'd like to maintain at mbl/full mbl next year. i'm transitioning, and i think the earliest i would bc is in october which would have me at 2 years.

regimen for 2010 (same as 2009)
cowash in the morning with aussie moist or mane n tail
damp bun with he ltr, castor oil on ends, aloe vera gel
at night take hair down, moisturize with aussie moist, seal with coconut/castor oil, put hair in 2 braids
dc twice a week with pantene time renewal
wash on fridays with hair one olive oil

anon123

I'm going for a full-ish MBL in '10. I'm in the challenge for this year and might make it with my very bottom layer, but I want a bit more. I might cut at the beginning of the year.

beana

I'm in!!!! I cant even claim full APL yet, but if my hair continues to thrive like it is now, I'll probably reach healthy relaxed MBL by December 2010.

I discovered a wonderful regimen this year and plan on sticking to it!:yep:

DCing weekly
relaxing w/ phyto every 11-13 weeks
Trimming according to the lunar calendar
sticking to the right core of products

2themax

I'm in...in fact I was in for 2009 also lol:lachen:but I didn't make it:wallbash:
Anyway, I really believe that I'll make it before the Summer of 2010. My goals are as follows:

wishful thinking: MBL - by Dec. 2009 (ha!)
realistic: MBL - by Feb. 2010 (Mar 2010 At The Latest)

Regime:

• More water per day - at least 1/2 my weight in ozs.
  • Vitamins/Supplements daily
  • Wash/Condition my hair every 2 days (this is new for me)
  • Nooooooooo trimming at all!
  • 5 min/day to every other day of running in place
  • Growth Aids
  • Daily scalp massages (before going to bed)
  • Eating less sweets
Dang this sounds like a New Year's Resolution!

washize

I'm in! I want to be MBL before 2010 is over!:grin:

My reggie, will stay the same.

Wash when needed with baking soda and kosher salt

Co wash 3 times a week

Massage scalp daily

Use two manufactured products, the rest natural (only olive oil and cocnut oil)

Protective style.

(if I choose to striaghten my hair I maintain that style for as long as possible)

Last edited:

my-my

I'll join too. Hopefully my longest layer will reach MBL by the end of 2010.
I will wear protective styles, wash weekly, dc as needed or at least once a month, and trim as needed.

Kellum

I'm in, I'm BSB now. I hope to be BSL when I do a touch up the beginning of Dec. I hope to be MBL or close to it by my 1 year anniversary in April 2010. By Dec. 2010 I hope to have gotten rid of most of my layers while maintaining MBL or continue to grow to WL.

I have been consistent with my regimen. It will be a year of me doing an Ayurveda regimen in late Dec. My hair is thriving. It loves Ayuveda and I will continue to do it for life.

Regimen
Weekly:

• Ayurveda mix of: Amla, Shikakai, Hibiscus, Fenugreek, Brahmi and Maka (leave on for 30 to 45 mins)
  • DC with moisture and protein at the same time for 45 mins to an hour
Monthly

• Chelate
  • Henna treatment leaving on hair for 1 to 1 1/2 hours followed by a moisturizing DC for an hour
Every 6 weeks

• Hardcore protein with Emergencee to as needed followed up with a moisturizing DC
Daily

• Moisturize and seal
  • Ayurveda tea spritz when wearing my half wigs (daily to every other day)

I will continue to eat right, drink lotes of water, take my supplements, and execercise regulary.

Katherina

i would like to join. i'm at APL now (not full). i'm in the BSL challenge for 2010 and i expect to get there by July.

APL to BSL is 3.5 inches on me and BSL to MBL is 3 inches.Therefore, i may just make it by the end of december 2010 (like...the 31st, lol).

the only thing is, if i trim, i won't make it.:perplexed so i'll be doing search and destroys only :yep:. i must retain all my length; i can do it! :yep:

i have about 6 inches of damaged ends :ohwell: that may hinder my progress from here to MBL. i'm hoping that hair hangs on until Dec so i can reach my goal first, and then chop and maintain BSL until all the damage is gone. then, i can hopefully move on to a healthy, full MBL...and WL... :look: eventually if desired, lol :) :grin:

lolascurls

I'm in!
I want to be MBL by March 2010!
WL is my goal length by June 2010.
What I plan to do:

Henna/ Indigo every 6 weeks.
DC once/week + clarifying co-wash (baking soda + conditioner)
Texlax every 10 weeks
Dust ends as needed (not very often)
Moisturize and seal 2ce daily
Half-wigs and buns for low manipulations
Leave-in Hair Mayo and CHI Keratin Mist daily
No - minimal heat (flat iron roots only after 6-8 weeks post)

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
Sigh.. ok I've been eyeing this challenge all evening. I'm going to join. I am a lil past apl but I'm getting a lil trim at the end of the year. Like Ellie I'm in the BSL challenge, So I'm prayin for MBL by dec. Will post my pic at the end of dec when I do a length check.

*ETA* I'm no longer APL had to do a trim but that's ok, I'm still in this challenge to see how far I can get.
Starting pic as of 12/09

Last edited:

*CherryPie*

If you're BSB (Below Shoulder Blade) now, then you are already BSL. BSB is the accurate way to measure BSL. It's not a different length point. It's the same.

I'm in, I'm BSB now. I hope to be BSL when I do a touch up the beginning of Dec. I hope to be MBL or close to it by my 1 year anniversary in April 2010. By Dec. 2010 I hope to have gotten rid of most of my layers while maintaining MBL or continue to grow to WL.

I have been consistent with my regimen. It will be a year of me doing an Ayurveda regimen in late Dec. My hair is thriving. It loves Ayuveda and I will continue to do it for life.

Regimen
Weekly:

• Ayurveda mix of: Amla, Shikakai, Hibiscus, Fenugreek, Brahmi and Maka (leave on for 30 to 45 mins)
  • DC with moisture and protein at the same time for 45 mins to an hour
Monthly

• Chelate
  • Henna treatment leaving on hair for 1 to 1 1/2 hours followed by a moisturizing DC for an hour
Every 6 weeks

• Hardcore protein with Emergencee to as needed followed up with a moisturizing DC
Daily

• Moisturize and seal
  • Ayurveda tea spritz when wearing my half wigs (daily to every other day)

I will continue to eat right, drink lotes of water, take my supplements, and execercise regulary.

aa9746

I'd like to join this one to aim high! I have a lot of layers so maybe my lowest layer has a chance to make it by December.

chellero

Wife Supremacist
I'd like to try this. I'm BSL now, but I need a trim and I'm tall. I'm going to have measure and see how many inches I need.

bestblackgirl

I'll bite. My original goal was to be MBL by Dec 20, 2010. And i am currently APL so I think I'll make it. I should be BSL by July 2010. and MBL by Dec 2010.

I'll just continue washing my hair with WEN,
dC with ORS for Protein, Dc with WEN intense hydrating condtioner for moisture, and Alter Ego for shedding
daily moisturize with Cantu Shea butter
Seal with Castor oil
Protective style 98% of the time

SweetDYMEond

I'm in! I am nowhere near APL yet, still sitting on nape length. However, to achieve the level you wanna reach ya gotta get with somebody further along the path than you, right?! So, count me in...and I'll follow hoping to at least achieve APL stat by end o 2010. Holla! ;)