2009 Chicoro Hair Update-Picture Heavy

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Hi Ladies,
Here is my 2009 update. My hair length gain has slown down tremendously. For my hair, once it got past my waist, it has been slow going to get to the next point, my hips.

I initially started my hair journey at 14. But, started chronicaling my hair journey with photos since I discovered LHCF in 2003. The thing I have learned on this now 6.5 year LHCF journey is to find what works, stick to it and seek out others on here for support.

Although I didn't gain a whole bunch of length between Feb 2008 and November 2009 (there is an error on my picture # 9 [the correction for picture #9 should read Nov 2009 not Nov 2008]), the texture of my hair continues to improve.

My straightened hair is rough and coarse. Each year, it gets a little bit softer and silkier. I am very satisfied with my progress. I hope you enjoy the pictures.

(Thanks Miss*Tress for your excellent blog tutorial on how to post photos in a thread!):grin:

2009 Progress

Texture (new flat iron, pressing comb mix- Usually I am 100% straightening comb)

Another texture shot (mixed textures)

Ends are a bit rough. I didn't baggy in 2009. I will be returning to baggying in 2010.

Pony Comparison from Feb 2008 to Nov 2009

Hair Comparison from Feb 2008 to Nov 2009

Error on picture #9: It should say Nov 2009

Garner

Chicoro, your progress is inspirational!!! Your hair has continued to thrive and has continued to remain beautiful and healthy. I purchased your "Grow It" book and have learned a lot from this. Thank you for sharing your progress and being an inspiration to us all. "Hugs" :)

*Happily Me*

your hair is amazing! just beautiful :yep:

and you've stayed the same size for years! please share your body regimen :)

Chicoro

Thank you, ladies! I appreciate the compliments and as always, I appreciate the support!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I've Always Admired your Siggy! How You Just Confidently Grab that Big, Huge, Shiny, Healthy Pony!:lovedrool:

Thanks For Sharing! Very, Very Lovely!:thud:

HairGurl

AAAAAAHHHHHH! Chicoro your hair looks amazing. It's so luscious. Congrats girl!:grin::grin::grin: You are truly an INSPIRATION!

Chicoro

your hair is amazing! just beautiful :yep:

and you've stayed the same size for years! please share your body regimen :)

Hi Happily Me,
I eat lots of raw food-like you! I do a lot of juicing and preparing my own raw/barely cooked food. I don't buy a lot of stuff in bags or that's processed. Even things that say 'organic' or 'natural', in the health food stores, may still have additives and be too overly processed for my body.

I am not 100% raw, all the time. But the amount of raw food I do eat keeps cellulite at bay, or it keeps cellulite away, keeps my skin and eyes clear and diminshes my under eye circles as well. Raw food impacts the beauty of your face and your body.

Irresistible

Chicoro your hair is just gorgeous and your right you have gained some thickness

you stay on task no matter what -which reaps great rewards

I personally think if your still thickening, your still growing too :grin:

dachsies_rule!

Chicoro your hair is so thick, long and healthy..the way i want my hair to be one day.

Thanks for Grow It! I've been using your book since June of this year and i've gained 3.5 inches.

sharifeh

Chicoro thanks so much for sharing this with us! You and your hair are beautiful!!!
You are the ultimate hair inspiration! You were one of the first people I found online pre-LHCF.
Thanks again!

MrsHdrLe

I've always love your avi and consider your pony to be my inspiration. Thanks for all the support you give us. Beautiful inside and out girl!

LynnieB

Love it Chicoro!!

Your advice has carried me through my bc in '07 until now and will continue to do so into the future. Thank-you!

Such a wise woman with the beautiful hair to prove it!!!

Congrats on your progress!!