First Caruso Set 4/B Hair **Tons of Pics**

GabbanaGirl

FIRST. SORRY THE PICS ARE SO FRIGGIN HUGE. :ohwell:

Ok, so this weekend I decided to do something different to my hair. I wanted something big and semi-curly..similar to Tracy Ellis Ross's hair on Girlfriends (when she wears it heat-straightened and curled) - So I went to Sally's and picked up some Carusso Curls ($42.99) And tried my hand at it...I would definitely use it again. :grin:

I followed my normal hair regimen which can be found here

I blowdryed my hair about 80% dry w/o a comb.

Then I pressed my hair - A little lighter than usual because I was going for fullness vs straightness.

After pressing my hair, I did about 4-6 bantu knots because I wanted my hair to be full, with a natural curl prior to setting it on the caruso curlers.

I tied my hair up with a scarf, and went to bed.

This is what it looked like in the morning:

Then I rolled my hair (no rhyme or reason) with the Caruso Rollers, I used the Small (in the front) Medium (on the sides and crown), and Large (in the back). I left the Caruso curlers steam for about 8 seconds max, I attempted to use end papers, (only had the patience to do one) and I did not use end papers on the rest, the piece that had the end paper on it came out no different than the rest of the hair. I also did not add any products to my hair prior to rolling.

This was the placement of the rollers:

I let the rollers stay in my hair for about 45 minutes to an hour, this is what it looked like after removing the rollers:

So yeah...not fabo right? LOL So I turned my head upside down, ran through my head vigorously with my hands, and finger styled while my head was upside down. This is what came out of it:

Sorry I didn't take better pics prior to leaving the house....Here are some pics towards the end of the day: (as you can see, the curls fell some)

I would definitely say this product is a must-have! Sorry product junkies!!!:grin:

Last edited:

Tarae

Your hair is gorgeous. Love the Caruso curls and the results from the bantu knots look good too.

flowinlocks

Ok, I'm drooling over here. Girl you and your hair are fab! Lol you had me at the bantu knot set. Beautiful.

natstar

It looks great! I will not be moved..i will NOT be moved:look:

ETA- HOW did u get the tension method to work? I had frizzy ends and ur ends are totally straight!

Calia001

Ooo its soo pretty it came out Lovely! i love your facial expressions through out, its like

:look: i hope this comes out right
to
:grin: AWWWWW YEAAAAH

GabbanaGirl

Ooo its soo pretty it came out Lovely! i love your facial expressions through out, its like

:look: i hope this comes out right
to
:grin: AWWWWW YEAAAAH

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking....LOL I have to admit I was nervous as all heck when I saw the initial results :look: - Then after fluffing it out...I was feeling like :grin: lol