I had some time on my hand...., wanted to share my $2.95 hair-do

Mystic

I was happy not to pay the usual $140 for braids, lol! I also like the yarn thing much better than regular braids. No mess or lots of hair to clean up, and my head feels so much lighter. My scalp feels like there is barely anything on it. I did it while watching tv; took me 8 hrs to finish because I braid slowly and I did other things in between. I would love to keep it in for a while hoping for minimal fuzz as it gets older.

Last edited:

Keedah

Looking good! I wish I could braid myself instead of spending all that doggone money at the salon for them.

charmtreese

So you used yarn to braid your hair? It looks great. What are the benefits of using yarn opposed to using braiding hair?

Mystic

This is my first time trying it out so I cannot swear by it as yet but other people have mentioned that it keeps the hair moist (this particular brand), it keeps your hair from getting fuzzy so style lasts longer, it dries faster, there is no pulling on your scalp, and hair line might not get damaged as it would with synthetic hair. When I take it out, I will see if all of this true. Biggest thing so far for me is that it's cheap, and my scalp and head feels very light.

So you used yarn to braid your hair? It looks great. What are the benefits of using yarn opposed to using braiding hair?

Urban

Looks real cute!!

But I'm not understanding how you did it :nono: did you braid like you would with normal extensions, but using yarn instead? What do you do with the yarn at the end of the braid?

Mandy4610

Hey Mystic:wave:

Long time girl!

That hair is looking good. I wish I had braiding skills, my hair is a HAM right now:nono:

Mystic

Hi sweetie!

I just got a break from school and mine was a HAM also; I needed to do something real quickly. Braiding is easy though - give it a try.

Hey Mystic:wave:

Long time girl!

That hair is looking good. I wish I had braiding skills, my hair is a HAM right now:nono:

MsEllie

They do look great, I'm thinking of braiding my hair..never thought of the yarn. I have never braided my hair before...the video is informative. When I get ready to do it (maybe a month) took me 20 years to decide to even wash my own hair... so whats a month lol.... I am never going to the shop so if I want it braided I'll have to learn to do it myself. Thanks for sharing.

Harina

This looks really nice. I was planning on wrapping my hair with yarn but I like this better. And 2.95! Was it the Michael's brand or a different one? You have to keep us updated when you take it out.

sunbubbles

Wow Mystic! They came out great!! I cant make myself sit for 8 hours at a time for my braids, so I usually work on mine for a few DAYS!! lol you got some patience girly!

bgsix

I like it!! Any particular brand of yarn. Will it dry out your hair? How long can you keep it in?
Sorry for the questions.