PHOTO REQUEST: Naturals can I see your pics of...

Whimsy

2 years worth of growth, please?

I don't care the style, and it doesn't matter if you BCed at 2 years or at 2 days, I would like to see pix of your hair at 2 years.

I want ideas/inspiration for when I do my snippetysnipsnip!!!

Thanks in advance Girls!!!!

(PS - Mook, do you have any pix of your hair un-twisted yet?!?!! Gawd!!)

BostonMaria

I BC'd 19 months ago, not 24. If you want me to post a picture anyway let me know. My last relaxer was Nov 06.

Whimsy

Of course Boston.

I officially change my request to see :grin:18 - 28 months of growth LOL

Southernbella.

This is two years worth of growth for me:

Dry/shrunken:

Wet with conditioner:

Old braidout:

Flat ironed:

so1913

Man...I have plenty of pictures spanning 2004 (when I went natural) through the present, but I cut my hair sooooo often, they wouldn't show you a "true" idea of 2+ years worth of hair growth :(

tailormade84

lucky lucky you, my whole fotki is nothing but 2 years pics (i was late with chronicling my HHJ) ...link is in my siggy :)

FindingMe

This is two years worth of growth for me:

Dry/shrunken:

Wet with conditioner:

Old braidout:

Flat ironed:

That's a lot of hair....Southernbella, does your hair grow faster than the 1/2 inch per month standard?

I am with you Whimsy, this is how much hair I wann have before I chop my relaxed ends...thus my 2 year transition...

Nonie

It's really hard to see the real change in comparison pics of naturals especially if they never stretched or pressed their hair when it was short.

Anyway, this was my hair after my unplanned BC in Feb 2007:

And this is my hair in April 2009 :lol: :rofl:

OK, let me stop.:lachen:On a serious note, maybe the way to see the change in length is in my puffs, but not the puff itself but where I place the elastic holding my hair back. This is because when I make a pulled back puff, I usually push the elastic as far back as it can go without the hairs that start at the hairline pulling out of it. In other words, I put it far back just enough for the hair to be held flat; any further and the front-most hair would slip from the elastic and ruin the style. So I think with that in mind, you can sorta see the "progress". Unfortunately, I didn't wear a puff at the 24-month mark, but I did wear one on the 20-month mark.

First, here's the puff I would get when my hair had not been stretched by plaits. Usually, it's created when my hair is damp after a wash:

Unstretched puff in Feb 2007 created on damp hair:

Same shrunken puff in October 2008 created on damp hair:

Then when I plait my hair to stretch it a bit, this was the puff I got in Feb 2007:

And then in October 2008, this is the puff I got when I plaited my hair and stretched it (I used coconut oil and some rinse-out conditioner unintentionally :giggle: so I didn't get the shrinkage I usually get with S Curl):

To see the difference in puff size when I use S Curl, here's another pic of my stretched-with-plaits hair but with S Curl used as the only moisturizer taken a month prior to the above October pic:

And finally a pic of my pressed hair (April 2009--26 mths since BC. This was taken the day after the second pic in this post ie the April 2009 one, after I pressed my hair) but sadly I don't have a before pic to compare it with since this was my first press since my BC:

Last edited:

FindingMe

lucky lucky you, my whole fotki is nothing but 2 years pics (i was late with chronicling my HHJ) ...link is in my siggy :)

Your puffs are AWESOME!!! I just want my hair to fall down instead of out before I chop...

The pics you took after your fourth henna had me drooling....Thanks for posting-

Whimsy

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY Lucky me is right!!!:yep:

I am with you Whimsy, this is how much hair I wann have before I chop my relaxed ends...thus my 2 year transition...

Word, I just want some inspiration....partially to hold out till 2 years and partially just cuz I wanna see some pix!!!

It's really hard to see the real change in comparison pics of naturals especially if they never stretched or pressed their hair when it was short.

Yeah natural is not natural is not natural... all are different.....
OMG your hair is so nice!!! I want to touch your puff so bad. it's so tempting and looks so soft and cottony cloudlike!!!! Nonie thanks for sharing.

FindingMe

Anyway, this was my hair after my unplanned BC in Feb 2007:

And this is my hair in April 2009 :lol: :rofl:

OK, let me stop.:lachen:On a serious note, maybe the way to see the change in length is in my puffs, but not the puff itself but where I place the elastic holding my hair back. This is because when I make a pulled back puff, I usually push the elastic as far back as it can go without the hairs that start at the hairline pulling out of it. In other words, I put it far back just enough for the hair to be held flat; any further and the front-most hair would slip from the elastic and ruin the style. So I think with that in mind, you can sorta see the "progress". Unfortunately, I didn't wear a puff at the 24-month mark, but I did wear one on the 20-month mark.

First, here's the puff I would get when my hair had not been stretched by plaits. Usually, it's created when my hair is damp after a wash:

Unstretched puff in Feb 2007 created on damp hair:

Same shrunken puff in October 2008 created on damp hair:

Then when I plait my hair to stretch it a bit, this was the puff I got in Feb 2007:

And then in October 2008, this is the puff I got when I plaited my hair and stretched it (I used coconut oil and some rinse-out conditioner unintentionally :giggle: so I didn't get the shrinkage I usually get with S Curl):

To see the difference in puff size when I use S Curl, here's another pic of my stretched-with-plaits hair but with S Curl used as the only moisturizer taken a month prior to the above October pic:

And finally a pic of my pressed hair (April 2009--26 mths since BC. This was taken the day after the second pic in this post ie the April 2009 one, after I pressed my hair) but sadly I don't have a before pic to compare it with since this was my first press since my BC:

NICE! YOur hair is lovely...Ima hafeta steal that puff w/ twists in the front style...:yep:

Southernbella.

That's a lot of hair....Southernbella, does your hair grow faster than the 1/2 inch per month standard?

I think it probably does grow a little faster. I know my mom's hair grows super fast.:yep:

ImFree27

I did a 2nd big cut at the end of Nov....06...This pic was Dec...06...2nd pic was sept..08...Third pic...was jan...09 and last pic was April 09....I have more pics in my fotki..

Attachments

• 100_0460-vi.jpg
    100_0460-vi.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 326
  • SDC10600-vi.jpg
    SDC10600-vi.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 298
  • SDC11328-vi.jpg
    SDC11328-vi.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 388
  • DSCF1152-vi.jpg
    DSCF1152-vi.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 358

Jazzmommy

Hi,

My two years of progress is below. You can see where I BC in Jan 07 and my progress in March 09.

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
Hey, Whims:

Here are my photos of two years worth of growth. These photos were taken on March 1, 2009 (my last relaxer was March 1, 2007). My hair grows about 1/2" a month):

Wet

Dry wash-n-go

Flat Ironed

Ediese

Hey, Whims:

Here are my photos of two years worth of growth. These photos were taken on March 1, 2009 (my last relaxer was March 1, 2007). My hair grows about 1/2" a month):

Wet

Dry wash-n-go

Flat Ironed

You have such gorgeous hair!!!!!:yep::yep:

Ediese

It seems from the pics that APL is the average length at the 2 year mark. :yep:

I love your hair color. I remember you mentioning which brand you use, but I don't remember. Would you mind telling me which one you used, and if you've had any problems keeping your hair moisturized since you colored it? Did you color your eyebrows too? Sorry for so many questions. I really need a change.

berryblack

This is my first pic post so it may come out wonky...My 1st pic was around 20 months, the next is 24 months with my son, and the last with my crew is 30 months.

Attachments

• DSC01681.jpg
    DSC01681.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 554
  • DSC02139.jpg
    DSC02139.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 576
  • 2 062.jpg
    2 062.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 656

MsBoinglicious

This is my hair in its natural state @ 2 years!

My hair @ 2 years and straight are in my siggy!

Last edited:

Lucky's Mom

Nov 2006, Sept 2007, Dec 2008

Attachments

• hairlengthinnov2006005-vi[1].jpg
    hairlengthinnov2006005-vi[1].jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 211
  • Copy of flat iron Sept 7, 2007 009.jpg
    Copy of flat iron Sept 7, 2007 009.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 208
  • end of the yr 2008 025.jpg
    end of the yr 2008 025.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:

NikStarrr

Pic 1 = BC (after a 12 month transition)

Pic 2 = a month from my nappiversary (almost 2 yrs worth of natural hair)

*I've trimmed my hair often to even up the layers.*

Attachments

• BC.jpg
    BC.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 601
  • IMG_2698.jpg
    IMG_2698.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 700

honeisos

2 years worth of growth, please?

I don't care the style, and it doesn't matter if you BCed at 2 years or at 2 days, I would like to see pix of your hair at 2 years.

I want ideas/inspiration for when I do my snippetysnipsnip!!!

Thanks in advance Girls!!!!

(PS - Mook, do you have any pix of your hair un-twisted yet?!?!! Gawd!!)

the pic in my avatar is me a two years