to gain more information and could find nothing :look:

Take a look for yourself (Go to topic Protein):
http://www.stophairlossnow.co.uk/Vitamins.htm

If you've used this, did you
see any difference in your stands?

Let's try this out!

Last edited:

casey3035

Wow! Thanks for the info! I have been taking this lately but I dont know how much because it is actually an ingredient in 2 other supplements I take but I plan to find out.

I'm not sure how to take it or use it. Explain how it's used.

Hi Serenity,

Here's the peice I read that mad me post this thread:

Protein
Protein is a basic ingredient in many hair shampoos and conditioners and is also the major ingredient of hair itself, which is at least ninety per cent protein. Whilst this should not necessarily be the main ingredient in your diet, its importance should not be ignored.
In controlled tests volunteers, supplementing their diets with protein in the form of 14g of gelatine daily, found it increased the thickness of individual hair strands by as much as 45 per cent in only two months.
Diet can influence both hair growth and quality and gelatine has exhibited one of the highest specific dynamic effects of any food or supplement.
Given that a strong hair is a healthy hair, the study noted that the gelatine induced increases in the diet constituted an improvement in the mechanical properties of the hair, including strength. When the volunteers stopped eating the gelatine, their hair returned to its original diameter within six months.

I think this may be another vit we LHCFer's have not given due credit :yep:

Last edited:

Libra08

I'm definitely going to try this! I have to go vitamin shopping and this will be added to my list!

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Hi Serenity,

Here's the peice I read that mad me post this thread:

Protein
Protein is a basic ingredient in many hair shampoos and conditioners and is also the major ingredient of hair itself, which is at least ninety per cent protein. Whilst this should not necessarily be the main ingredient in your diet, its importance should not be ignored.
In controlled tests volunteers, supplementing their diets with protein in the form of 14g of gelatine daily, found it increased the thickness of individual hair strands by as much as 45 per cent in only two months.
Diet can influence both hair growth and quality and gelatine has exhibited one of the highest specific dynamic effects of any food or supplement.
Given that a strong hair is a healthy hair, the study noted that the gelatine induced increases in the diet constituted an improvement in the mechanical properties of the hair, including strength. When the volunteers stopped eating the gelatine, their hair returned to its original diameter within six months.

I think this may be another vit we LHCFer's have not given due credit to :yep:

Thank you so much!!! :kiss::kiss:

I will check into this as well and take a trip to my beloved Whole Foods...

luckiestdestiny

I think it's internal....

I thought about taking gelatin before but heard lots of people gained weight on it. IDK if I need that side effect. I just lost over 12 pounds, and need to lose more, do I want to be putting it back on? Can someone share insight on this? Then again others claim weight loss. Who knows...Please share anything about either subject

Last edited:
Thank you so much!!! :kiss::kiss:

I will check into this as well and take a trip to my beloved Whole Foods...

You are welcome!

I'm all about ways to get our Hair Thicker and Stronger;
I think that's one of the keys to success for our Hair

I wonder if this will curve shedding?

Be sure to come back and let us know
what your results were :yep:

I think I will have to make another trip to Vitamen Shoppe to pick this one up!

I will keep everyone posted as well :yep:

gn1g

I have to come back to read the post.

About 20 years ago I took gelatin to make my nails grow and it made them grow long and strong as well as my eyelashes and hair.

Interesting. Thaanks! I will have to stop by the vitamin shop sometime this week i suppose.

Keep us posted Raven...we need more feedback on this.

BTW, everyone, remember you need to use this for atleast 2 months before you see results...my assumption is we will probably see results before then :yep:

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
...also, check on the back of your multivitamin and hair vitamins to see how much gelatin, if any, is included in them.

luckiestdestiny

I have to come back to read the post.

About 20 years ago I took gelatin to make my nails grow and it made them grow long and strong as well as my eyelashes and hair.

No one answered my question earlier so I'll ask you as you've used gelatin before...did it make you gain weight? I hope not.

dreamlovermd

Thank You for the info ladaies. I will start taking gelatine this week.
My grandmother use to eat jello everyday and her hair and her nails were long. She use to give my brother and I jello everyday as a desert.

Thanks

No one answered my question earlier so I'll ask you as you've used gelatin before...did it make you gain weight? I hope not.

Apparently Gelatin has been used as a tool in loosing weight, according to article I just read:

And has benefits for Joints, Hair and Nails...we just need to figure out which Gelatin product is the best to buy

http://www.nutricraze.com/Gelatin-a-10243.html

By the way Gelatine is French for Gelatin :yep:

seraphim712

Just an observation: Could this be why Asian people have the thickest strands out of everyone? Aside from their intake of fish, seaweed, rice and herbal teas, they do eat sweets and pastries that contain gelatin like products I believe.

Libra08

I'm going to buy Puritan's brand because they are offering free shipping and buy two get three free so I'll get 5 bottles for a little under $16. That seems like a steal to me, but their gelatin is only 10g so I might just take two a day for awhile to make up.

makinwande

Eat Jello!! But what is gelatin anyway? Well apparently gelatin is collagen that is taken from connective tissues, bones, organs and intestines of cows and horses. Now do you really want to eat 4 cups of jello/fruit flavored animal scrap everyday? Think about it!!