PICS**Natural Roller Set Part Deux ** PICS

Carrie A

I thought I'd throw my hat in the ring. This is my first time roller-set after my November BC. I used a standard method with magnetic rollers. I dabbed a little Vatika Frosting (coconut oil) on each piece followed by Proclaim foaming wrap lotion. The roots are still a bit wavy but I think I can camouflage with styling.

Attachments

• Nat. Roller Set 1.jpg
    Nat. Roller Set 1.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 326
  • Nat Roller Set 1b.jpg
    Nat Roller Set 1b.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 270
  • Nat Roller Set 1c.jpg
    Nat Roller Set 1c.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 302
  • BC 11:22:08.jpg
    BC 11:22:08.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 422

Carrie A

Gorgeous!!!! How long do your curls last?

I'm not sure. This is day #1 and my first roller set on natural hair. I have no idea how long it's going to last. I'll come back with an update on that hopefully in a few days.

shmmr

Good job lady! I used to do these before I relaxed on Nov. I like the updo in your new siggy too :) Have you tried a ponyset yet?

Carrie A

Good job lady! I used to do these before I relaxed on Nov. I like the updo in your new siggy too :) Have you tried a ponyset yet?

Nope I wanted to try it. Bought rubber bands and everything, but I chickened out and went with the standard. I'm going to try the ponytail set within the next few months.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Please tell me how you did this. Your set looks awesome! Did you have to blow dry or did you do this on dry hair?

Last edited:

MissBCurly

I thought I'd throw my hat in the ring. This is my first time roller-set after my November BC. I used a standard method with magnetic rollers. I dabbed a little Vatika Frosting (coconut oil) on each piece followed by Proclaim foaming wrap lotion. The roots are still a bit wavy but I think I can camouflage with styling.

great job it looks so pretty! makes me wanna try that vatika frosting :yep:

kblc06

Just lovely. Yay for natural rollersets :yay:I'm thinking about going back to rollersets to keep my hair stretched :yep:

Carrie A

Please tell me how you did this. Your set looks awesome! Did you have to blow dry or did you do this on dry hair?

I roller set my very wet hair after detangling. I roll from front to back. I commit a sort of no no as I use a boar brush to smooth each piece before rolling. I tried a few with metal clips but they had too much give even after securing with the next roller. So I went to magnetic snap on rollers.

great job it looks so pretty! makes me wanna try that vatika frosting :yep:

It's just coconut oil but the smell is heavenly.

So I just got back from visiting the folks. My mother accused me of wearing a curly wig. She did a weave/wig check on me and asked about the color. I see her every weekend but it's been a while since I set my hair. I thought that was the funniest thing. I think the relaxer strips the color and so now my hair much darker like my mom's.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Thanks! I'm going to try a roller set this week end!:grin: I still have more research to do before I post any pics!:blush:

momi

This is so pretty! I am going to get up the nerve to try this ... even if it is jacked up I can turn it into an up-do.

Thanks!

tottzu

That roller set is really nice. You and hiscrownandglory have me wanting to try this soon. Good job!

pinkchocolatedaisy

OMG, they are so beautiful! And silky! What exactly was your process in doing this- from start to finish, if you don't mind my asking?

Carrie A

OMG, they are so beautiful! And silky! What exactly was your process in doing this- from start to finish, if you don't mind my asking?

Mind you this was hair spa night.

1. Coconut milk prepoo
2. shampoo bar poo.
3. DC
4. Tea Rinse :perplexed
5. More conditioner because hair tangled
6. Ready to roller set
7. Triple part front to back method
8. Used mostly magnetic clip pink, brown, and purple rollers.
9. Part hair sections for rolling. Make sure it's detangled with fine tooth comb.
9.5 Add proclaim wrap foam and vatika frosting to each piece.
10. **** This step may be unsuitable for LHCF viewers****
Brush with one stroke, smoothing each piece once.
11. Roll each section, smooth the ends around the roller and keep it taut.
12. I have a soft bonnet dryer. It was really late so I dried my hair for 1 &
1/2 hours. Then I fell asleep (yes I can sleep in hard rollers)
13. Took down rollers in the AM.
14. Voila!!!

**Before I went natural, I used metal clips, but it was much easer to use the snap on covers this time.

Last edited: