roller set gone WRONG!... Please Help!

msroddy

So, I did a roller set on my hair today for the first time in a long time. I set it on magnetic rollers with a lot of water and a little bit of Keracare Foam Wrapping lotion. Sat under the dryer for an hour and half. Followed Macherieamour video for blowing out my roots, but when I go to this process, it all turned into a giant head of frizz, not sleek and beautiful. I'm wondering if couple of things are the reasons for the frizz....

1) My hair is texlaxed

2) I should try a different setting lotion or no setting lotion?

3) My hair dryer doesn't get hot enough? (I have the one made by Ion)

I have no idea what happened, but it was a lot of work for crappy, frizzy hair! :wallbash:

Please... help me figure out what went wrong!!!!!

This might help Macherieamour
She gives great advice
I think that there could be a feww possible issues

:Maybe the parts are too big. I would think with texlax hair you would want to roll thinner sections

:Maybe the setting lotion needs to be more diluted or you could use the leave-in, serum, water combo.

:Maybe you need to stay under the dryer longer or use more/less heat

:The Saran wrap might help after you blow dry the roots.

Can you go into more detail of yours steps?

:)

This might help Macherieamour
She gives great advice
I think that there could be a feww possible issues

:Maybe the parts are too big. I would think with texlax hair you would want to roll thinner sections

:Maybe the setting lotion needs to be more diluted or you could use the leave-in, serum, water combo.

:Maybe you need to stay under the dryer longer or use more/less heat

:The Saran wrap might help after you blow dry the roots.

Can you go into more detail of yours steps?

:)

Thanks lisana

I didn't even make to the saran wrap phase. It frizzed before that.

My steps....

I did a deep conditioner today. Set my hair on the purple magnetic rollers, with just a little bit of the setting lotion. I think I'm gonna try a diferent setting lotion next time because even though I only used a little, my hair feel sticky and looks dull. I will try smaller roller next time also.

was your hair completely dry and not frizzy at all before the blowing out roots step? yeah, maybe that setting lotion is not for you. could also be that it was just really humid in the air?

I'm texlaxed also so my hair never comes out great without flat ironing it afterwards, there are some products that may help it, my pics and regimen is in my fotki/journal...

What did you do afterwards? I had the EXACT same problem on Friday - roller set (it was my 2nd time), flat ironed my roots, did the saran wrap stage, and had a frizzy mess. I was hoping for straight, but I pinned curled it and woke up Saturday morning to beautiful curls. Probably doesn't help with figuring out what went wrong, but hopefully a back up plan for salvaging all your hard work if ever there is a next time!

Sounds like your hair might not have been totally dry when you took the rollers out. It could have been the humidity as well. Whenever my roller sets frizz quickly I know I didn't let my hair dry completely. HTH

I agree with Simplycee. Sometimes rollerset can trick you. You remove the rollers and the hair feels nice and warm. But a few seconds later, it feels cool. This means the hair wasnt dry all the way.

You might wanna chuck the setting lotion, particularly if you are wearing your hair straight. Setting lotion makes the hair take longer to dry ironically.

Back