Yeah, I Got Sucked In......And Now....

Nice & Wavy

.....I'm a Ayureveda and HairVeda user now!!!:dance7:
Well, I have been using Ayurveda since December and my hair really loves this stuff. I've been using the Vatika Oil and I have been using Cassia Obovata, Jasmine Oil and Amla Oil. I am also using Mehandi shampoo bar I got from Mehandi.com. I absolutely love it and don't know why it took me so long to use it all. :grin:

I'm going today after work to get some Mahabhringraj and Bhringraj powders to make oils with. I look forward to it. Thanks to everyone who have given instructions on it....lots of reading but well worth it.

My hair is moist and never dry...it's the best.:meme:

Sooooooooo, I decided to get HairVeda since I hear so many rave reviews about it and the fact that its also Ayurveda. I just ordered it today...and I can't wait to get it.:hula:

alexstin

I slacked on Ayurevedic products last year but have been back into it for the last few weeks. Why did I ever stop?:wallbash:

Nice & Wavy

Welcome to the other side.:lachen:
:lachen::lachen::lachen:...yeah, I'm there. I got rid of all of my products except for Aveda and Qhemet Biologics. Everything else I gave away to clients that come to my job. They thought they were in a BSS...ya'll should have seen them:lachen::lachen:...I was crackin up!

Nice & Wavy

I slacked on Ayurevedic products last year but have been back into it for the last few weeks. Why did I ever stop?:wallbash:

I can't believe I waited this long to start. Ya'll have been talking about this stuff forever and now I see what all the fuss is about...:grin:

MrsQueeny

I was waiting for your thread. You already had me thinking about some stuff for my dd. Sending you a pm. Q

Platinum

You're one of "us" now, Nice & Wavy :assimilat :giggle: I haven't tried Hairveda but I love Ayurveda powders and oils.

MrJohnsonsRib

So this hairVeda stuff must be the business huh? Is it expensive? It's all natural and organic, right? How does it work on a transitioner with 75% relaxed ends? I know I have a bunch of questions I just hear so much about products, but I never quite know if it will work for me like it did anyone else- especially if our hair is different...thanks in advance ladies.

Nice & Wavy

You're one of "us" now, Nice & Wavy :assimilat :giggle: I haven't tried Hairveda but I love Ayurveda powders and oils.
:grin::grin::grin:...yes I am, Platinum. I will let you know how Hairveda is as soon as I get it. From the recent reports...this stuff is the bomb!

So this hairVeda stuff must be the business huh? Is it expensive? It's all natural and organic, right? How does it work on a transitioner with 75% relaxed ends? I know I have a bunch of questions I just hear so much about products, but I never quite know if it will work for me like it did anyone else- especially if our hair is different...thanks in advance ladies.

As far as I can see, its not expensive at all for all the good stuff that's in it. Yes, its all natural.

I'm not sure about how it works on transisitioner as I am natural. But, I'm sure you will get some responses from those who are.

I don't know how it will work on my hair yet...but, I do know that it seems to work on dry hair the best, so we shall see.

BostonMaria

Hey Nice & Wavy, I haven't seen you post on this forum in a while!! *hugz*
I am also contemplating using Ayerveda products to my regime. I've used Amla powder, Henna, Shikaikai (sp?) but have slacked on it for a very long time. I need to read that 100,000 post thread LOL and see what other info I can find.

BostonMaria

Try posting that same question on this Hairveda thread:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=256691

We have a few people on there that are transitioning and I'm sure they could answer you. I'm natural and didn't use this line when I transitioning or otherwise I'd help you out.

Nice & Wavy

Hey Nice & Wavy, I haven't seen you post on this forum in a while!! *hugz*
I am also contemplating using Ayerveda products to my regime. I've used Amla powder, Henna, Shikaikai (sp?) but have slacked on it for a very long time. I need to read that 100,000 post thread LOL and see what other info I can find.

Awwww....thanks for the hugs, girlie!

I've been off the forum for awhile, but I'm back and boy, I had lots of catching up to do....and you and Eisani are the ones that have me most excited about Hairveda, oh and Pokahontas too!:grin:

Since I'm using the Mehandi shampoo bar, I'm not going to use the Shikaikai at all. The shampoo bar does it all..it's great and my hair feels moist afterwards too.

Jetblackhair

:wave:Welcome back N&W. I just recently bought a slew of powders and oils and have been reading all of the Ayurvedic threads. Thus far I've been doing scalp messages with the Mahabringraj oil and it feels really stimulating.

Nice & Wavy

same here.

I have been using amla oil for over 15yrs and i love this stuff. need to try vatika oil though
I really love the Vatika oil. I put some on my hair this morning for the first time (to wear to work) and my hair is in a bun. Not oily at oil and my hair is nice and soft too:yep:

:wave:Welcome back N&W. I just recently bought a slew of powders and oils and have been reading all of the Ayurvedic threads. Thus far I've been doing scalp massages with the Mahabringraj oil and it feels really stimulating.
Thanks, Jetblackhair! I love doing scalp massages with Vatika oil and the Jasmine oil.....love it!

I can't wait to get the Mahabringraj and Brringraj powders!

Tigerlily25

How does it smell? I swear the stinky stuff makes me gagg but it's all good :drunk:.

If it smells nice & sweet, please let me know where I can buy them Hairveda.

LovelyRo

Billy was once transitioning so I'm sure hairveda will work fine for transitioners as well.

ETA... I just added a 2 month Ayurvedic trial period to my reggie... so far so good! I pre-poo with Amla and Vatika oils and then I co-wash with v05 moisture milk plus amla, shikakai and brahmi powders. My hair has never felt stronger!

Last edited:
O' gosh...It seems like I'm going to join the bandwagon shortly. More :dollar::dollar: I don't need to spend. So can anyone of you faithful users give a sistah some tips and what products I should start off with????

Nice & Wavy

How does it smell? I swear the stinky stuff makes me gagg but it's all good :drunk:.

If it smells nice & sweet, please let me know where I can buy them Hairveda.
I have heard that they smell really, really good.

Billy was once transitioning so I'm sure hairveda will work fine for transitioners as well.

ETA... I just added a 2 month Ayurvedic trial period to my reggie... so far so good! I pre-poo with Amla and Vatika oils and then I co-wash with v05 moisture milk plus amla, shikakai and brahmi powders. My hair has never felt stronger!
I don't think I will ever go back to the other side....the stuff really works:yep: My hair is stronger than ever!

O' gosh...It seems like I'm going to join the bandwagon shortly. More :dollar::dollar: I don't need to spend. So can anyone of you faithful users give a sistah some tips and what products I should start off with????
Girl, I know how you feel. I started off with the Vatika Oil, Amla Oil and shampoo bar. Then I got the Cassia Obovata....I do deep condition with Aveda still though and I'm never gonna give up Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose or the GPB...ever:grin:

SuchMagnificent

Taking a Break from Posting
*sigh* I would love to get my hands on the Cassia..I would need a step by step guide and someone to hold my hand....It just seems like so much work...But Im DYING to try it...

Nice & Wavy

*sigh* I would love to get my hands on the Cassia..I would need a step by step guide and someone to hold my hand....It just seems like so much work...But Im DYING to try it...

Actually its not that expensive and easy to use.

Go to www.mehandi.com and read about it. I do know that I will order about 100 grams this time instead of the 25gms like I did last time. Just wasn't enough to really slather it on like they say it should (suppose to be like cake frosting on the hair). It still did the job for me though and I love it!

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
GASP!!! ****JN clutching her chest, struggling to breathe****
Nice, you even got rid of your Mega-Tek and Ovation? :thud:

:lala:

BostonMaria

You can read up on it here: http://www.mehandi.com/shop/hennahairbook/index.html

I henna, but I'm going to order some Indigo and dye my hair black too. I know I have to do the double process and its gonna take ALL damn day. But its better than dying my hair.