I'm about to fully conver to ayurveda. Ayurveda experts help me !

BlackHairDiva

I'm about to fully convert to ayurveda. Ayurveda experts help me !

After months of reading about Ayurveda and all the raves about it, I decided to take my first baby step in the Ayurveda world March 4th 2009. I bought the following Hairveda products:

- Hairveda 24/7 moisture
- Cocosta oil
- Almond glaze.
- Amla shampoo

I tried the shampoo and it just doesn't work with me. Amla tangles my hair like crazy. I tried Dabur Amla oil as a pre-poo. I got tangles. I tried it with heat and not heat...got tangles. I tried sunsilk shampoo with double Amla. The results where the same - Tangles! I will no longer use Amla shampoo.

Only Neutrogena Triple moisture products leave my hair without any tangles. AS for the other Hairveda products, the 24/7 moisture, cocosta oil and almond glaze...Heaven. My hair is super moisturized and it’s definitely a staple.

Now I want to convert to an all to ayurveda hair regimen. I will be adding to my regimen:

Cassia Obovata - Neutral Henna (I will be using it once a month with cocosta oil mixed in it and coconut oil) what is the maximum amount of time I can use it per month? Will this loosen my curls??? I want to loosen my curls as much as possible.

I will replace my shampoos and conditioner with Shikakai soap

For stretching, Diva smooth will come to play. I will maintain it since it's natural and does what it says. Will this be enough to maintain my hair’s health?

Will it be enough for it to be strong and moisturized as well? Depending how well this will go, I might go completely natural and stop relaxing.

Last edited:
I don't know much about Ayurveda so I can't really help you out. Hopefully someone will chime in. If not, bump your thread in the morning.

Oh, I came in here because I thought you would be asking about traditional Ayurvedic powders and oils. Hairveda is inspired by Ayurveda. I will try to be of some help, but like msa said, you should bump your thread in the morning. If you can't get specified help maybe you could also make a new thread asking for specific help from those who use a lot of Hairveda products or use them exclusively.

I cannot tell you about the henna, because I have never used it. From what I have read, it may loosen your curls, but the possibility of it and the degree are an individualistic thing.

I cannot really tell you whether your regimen will keep your hair strong and moisturized, because I am more familiar with the effects of the traditional powders and oils alone, but not the effect of those HairVeda products together with the henna and Diva smooth.

I do know the almond glaze did not moisturize or strengthen my hair from what I could tell, but it never harmed it. The Cocasta should do well by you.

Were you using a shampoo bar for the Amla or was that HV? I know they have one called Amala.

You could maybe try a basic shikakai shampoo bar (you could get one for a few dollars), and there are specialty sellers online you can order a shampoo bar made from a different powder from. For instance, shikakai is strengthening, but if you wanted a bar with moisturizing properties, you could get that.

Re: I'm about to fully convert to ayurveda. Ayurveda experts help me !

After months of reading about Ayurveda and all the raves about it, I decided to take my first baby step in the Ayurveda world March 4th 2009. I bought the following Hairveda products:

- Hairveda 24/7 moisture
- Cocosta oil
- Almond glaze.
- Amla shampoo

I tried the shampoo and it just doesn't work with me. Amla tangles my hair like crazy. I tried Dabur Amla oil as a pre-poo. I got tangles. I tried it with heat and not heat...got tangles. I tried sunsilk shampoo with double Amla. The results where the same - Tangles! I will no longer use Amla shampoo.

Only Neutrogena Triple moisture products leave my hair without any tangles. AS for the other Hairveda products, the 24/7 moisture, cocosta oil and almond glaze...Heaven. My hair is super moisturized and it’s definitely a staple.

Now I want to convert to an all to ayurveda hair regimen. I will be adding to my regimen:

Cassia Obovata - Neutral Henna (I will be using it once a month with cocosta oil mixed in it and coconut oil) what is the maximum amount of time I can use it per month? Will this loosen my curls??? I want to loosen my curls as much as possible.

For stretching, Diva smooth will come to play. I will maintain it since it's natural and does what it says. Will this be enough to maintain my hair’s health?

Will it be enough for it to be strong and moisturized as well? Depending how well this will go, I might go completely natural and stop relaxing.

My hair didn't respond well to Ayurvedic shampoo well either. I am however currently in love with the Shikakai bar.:drunk: Just make sure you oil your hair first,I usually concentrate on the scalp & smooth the lather down to my ends. I don't manipulate the hair a lot while it's in. As far as you replacing your poo and cond. with the bar. I would highly advise you do a dc after every Ayurvedic treatment.:yep: I don't have any experience with Neutral Henna, but I do know the regular Henna temporarily loosens my texture. As far as frequency of usage,just remember Henna acts like a protein. So start slow & see how your hair responds. I would say once a month would be sufficient. Also when you're feeling a bit more comfortable,you might try incorporating some of the powders in your reggie. The easiest way I've found is by adding them to dc and cowashes. On preoiled hair of course. Make sure you read up on the threads first! There is a wealth of info that can help avoid setbacks from misuse of the powders. I'll bump a few of the links for you. Welcome to the world of Ayurveda!!:reddancer:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=255217

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=173635

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=285889

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=183305

I'm sure you have already stalked some of these.

I use Cassia every week without any problems. Personally, I follow it up with ORS and that seems to work for me. It definately does loosen the curls. I think if you do a search, you'll find quite a few posts where the ladies talk about this.

I don't know about replacing your conditioner for shikakai shoap. As far as I know, it's mainly used for cleansing purposes and has been reported to stimulated growth etc ... I've just never heard of any coditioning properties on the hair shaft itself. But hey, it may work for you!

I use Cassia every week without any problems. Personally, I follow it up with ORS and that seems to work for me. It definately does loosen the curls. I think if you do a search, you'll find quite a few posts where the ladies talk about this.

I don't know about replacing your conditioner for shikakai shoap. As far as I know, it's mainly used for cleansing purposes and has been reported to stimulated growth etc ... I've just never heard of any coditioning properties on the hair shaft itself. But hey, it may work for you!

Thanks again, I will maintain my shampoo and conditioner. but I will do cassia and then follow up with a deep conditioner. Cassia is considered protein right?

Back