Your hair's gotten so long! Thanks, they're really clip-ins lol!

IndianAngel22

So I made me a full set of clip ins. Granted I was broke and I used some OLD Goddess Remi for them they still came out BOMB! Even my Bang, is a clip in. Looks so natural huh? LOL! I can't wait to buy some better hair so I can do a full head with nicer hair. But everyone swore up and down that this was my hair today. :D Full update and instructions coming to my blog :D I just wish my hair looked like this in real life :(

Attachments

• Before&After.JPG
    Before&After.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 826
Last edited:

IndianAngel22

what exactly is a clip in
Clips ins are my new alternative to Sew ins and Glue ins. The hair is on a small clip that has a comb attachment. They basically snap into your hair. You can buy them or you can make them yourself to fit to your own head. I made mine because I have a small head and in the packages the tracks were always to long in width for my head and not how I needed them to be. You can put them in in less than 10 minutes, and Voila! Instant WEAVE

kriolagirl

so glad these worked out for you! they have been a staple for me the last 2 years and i'm constantly blogging about them. it is so nice at the end of the day to be able to take them out.

msa

Wow. They look really great. And natural! Looks like a really great progress pic. So did you leave any of your hair out or was it cornrowed?

Sugarhoneyicetea

I love them, when I was wearing my natural hair I would add a little piece in the front to give the Rihanna asymmetrical cut to my hair. Sometimes I would get home from work and throw in a few before going to eat with my boyfriend for a new look lol! They are perfect for quick change ups to your hair, I would just make sure your careful when clipping them in not to strain your natural hair since that's what they are attached to. I got one of my friends addicted to them, they are nice because you can just add a few tracks for a little length or a little thickness and no one can tell because they are so subtle.

IndianAngel22

^Good question..

Also, does the comb break the hair?

2 answer both questions, I did not cornrow, hairspray, or tease my hair. The rubber piece allows for it to stay in firmly on straight hair. This does not work for all clip ins but if you get the ones I specified in the blog you will be fine. The comb does not break the hair, you just have to make sure you're not treating your hair bad and yanking them out or pulling on them and you should be fine.

SelfStyled

Awesome tutorial! And you are right the clips from Sally's are the best. I am so trying not to cave and get some Kinky Straight hair to make some clip ins. I probably will though- cause I have NO RESTRAINT AT ALL.

Your hair came out really nice and I swear no one would know if you didn't say anything.

IndianAngel22

Awesome tutorial! And you are right the clips from Sally's are the best. I am so trying not to cave and get some Kinky Straight hair to make some clip ins. I probably will though- cause I have NO RESTRAINT AT ALL.

Your hair came out really nice and I swear no one would know if you didn't say anything.

Thanks so much! I made more today but this time with a lighter colored hair, "better hair also" and I sewed them instead. They're so much longer a little more weavish sense I made it thicker but I still like it. Unless I do a henna treatment or something or a rinse I have to keep a hat on my head because my hair and the weave don't technically match lol! It still looks good though. For my bang this time I sense I was sewing it I put 2 tracks together on the clips instead of one. I can't keep it out of my face this time it's kindof annoying but I'm sure I'll get better at it lol. I probably didn't cut it short enough

Faith

I used to do them back in the day and I decided to try this for again, for a little while. I have just one row of clip in so I can rock some cool bun styles. My question for you ladies is...can I sleep with these clips in or is it advisable to remove them nightly? Thanks :)

ETA: OP, I just checked out your tuutorial and I have a question. I usually sewed the weave to the clip but I see you used glue as well as sewing it in. Which method do you prefer?

Last edited:

Ediese

I've been meaning to try this. I can clip in a couple tracks so that I'll be back at BSL. I have a lot of old Extensions Plus hair that I can recycle for this! Great idea!!!

that_1_grrrl

I almost wish I was relaxed, so i could try this. I've wanted to experiment with clip-ins. Too bad they don't make them in kinky hair.

lollyoo

I almost wish I was relaxed, so i could try this. I've wanted to experiment with clip-ins. Too bad they don't make them in kinky hair.

Rosie, you can buy kinky human hair you know. I am not sure how it will look though, I mean clip in kinky hair.

Faith

I'm natural and I plan on wearing it. I have one in now but it's too smooth so I plan on getting some kinky straight hair and putting in 1 row. You would have to flatiron though to match better...maybe a "soft" press.