It WORKS! Ridding tangles from my daughter's hair

Jade

It WORKS! Ridding tangles from my daughter\'s hair

I have been wrestling with tangles in my daughter's 3b/3c hair for several years now. I've tried various detangling sprays, leave-ins, etc. I found some products to help somewhat but none to make a significant difference. Since her hair is very fine and tangles and mats easily, I put her hair in a couple of braids at night. This helps alot, but she is very active and if a couple of days go by where I don't get to comb her hair, it can take quite awhile
to remove the tangles.

So today I saw a product in the store called the Tangle Tamer by Remington. On the cover it shows a girl with straight hair, so at first I passed it by, thinking it wouldn't work on curly hair. But then I had another look at it (on the back of the package it shows a girl with curly hair using the device) and I bought it. I'm so glad I did - it works!!!
It's like a wide-tooth comb with vibrating/rotating teeth. You gently use it to comb the hair and no pulling is required - the vibration / rotation of the teeth do the work. Before this I could never really comb my daughter's hair from root to ends - with the Tangle Tamer I actually could (after gently starting at the ends). Her hair felt so soft and fluffy afterwards.

I have no connection to the company, but I am one delightfully surprised customer.

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
Re: It WORKS! Ridding tangles from my daughter\'s hair

I think I saw this at target and I wondered about it but I walked past it too. My mom used to have an electric comb by sunbeam I think, when I was little,for detangling my hair, it vibrated too. In fact if I didnt throw it out last clutter release binge I was on its still here. I didnt like it though because it made so much noise. Does this product make noise, if so is it mild, average or annoying? TIA.

GodMadeMePretty

Oh, dangit. I've got to get this. Sounds intriguing. I wonder if it's at Sally's. That way if I don't like it, I can take it back.

fancypants007

Hello Jade, thanks for the review of the tangle tamer. I struggle with tangles every wash day, but since adding oils to my conditioner and detangling my hair with the conditioner in it, my struggle has not been that bad. However, i still would like to try something that would make the job easier which is why your post got my attention. I never heard of this product before. I did a search online for it, and this is what i found out. The website is www.krbctv.com/does-it-work.htm It sounds really interesting and all i can say is Walmart, here i come. Thanks for sharing

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made

Im glad the product worked for your daughter's hair

SherryLove

I'm so happy this product is panning out well for you and your daughter's hair......

GodMadeMePretty

This is what that link says:
[ QUOTE ]
Tangle Tamer is easier to use than a normal comb or brush, and guess what it's also good for making Afro's.

[/ QUOTE ]

aqualung

[ QUOTE ]
Jade said:
Since her hair is very fine and tangles and mats easily, I put her hair in a couple of braids at night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jade, I'm am very interested. Sounds like my situation.

Questions:

1. What hair type is your daughter?
2. Did you comb her hair wet or dry?
3. There was no problem with hair winding around the revolving teeth of the comb?
4. What store sold you the comb? Walmart, Kmart, Target, etc? Maybe I can find it in my area.

blazn_ballerine

I would also like to know if u comb out her hair dry or wet because I have similar hair and when I was little my hair was very long and thick... my would have a bottle of water and would spray water in my hair before she combed it ... that helps detangle my hair alot when it is natural, i could comb it out with no problem.

Kaprice

[ QUOTE ]
Jade said:
I have been wrestling with tangles in my daughter's 3b/3c hair for several years now. I've tried various detangling sprays, leave-ins, etc. I found some products to help somewhat but none to make a significant difference. Since her hair is very fine and tangles and mats easily, I put her hair in a couple of braids at night. This helps alot, but she is very active and if a couple of days go by where I don't get to comb her hair, it can take quite awhile
to remove the tangles.

So today I saw a product in the store called the Tangle Tamer by Remington. On the cover it shows a girl with straight hair, so at first I passed it by, thinking it wouldn't work on curly hair. But then I had another look at it (on the back of the package it shows a girl with curly hair using the device) and I bought it. I'm so glad I did - it works!!!
It's like a wide-tooth comb with vibrating/rotating teeth. You gently use it to comb the hair and no pulling is required - the vibration / rotation of the teeth do the work. Before this I could never really comb my daughter's hair from root to ends - with the Tangle Tamer I actually could (after gently starting at the ends). Her hair felt so soft and fluffy afterwards.

I have no connection to the company, but I am one delightfully surprised customer.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm glad it worked! I know how frustrating it is to comb my daughter's hair. Did you try it on wet and dry hair? Were the results the same? Tx

Jade

My daughter has 3b/3c hair. I used it with dry hair this time, it's supposed to work with either dry or wet hair. Normally I lightly detangle her hair first dry, then I spritz with water or detangling spray (or hair butter, or leave-in, or... I've tried a lot of things). Detangling her hair wet doesn't always make it easier because then her hair clumps together and makes the snarls even harder to get out. Her hair is VERY fine, about bra-strap length (on her
- but she's 8 yo and doesn't wear a bra). I got it at a store called Fred Meyer which is common here in the Northwest, but I think they sell it at Walmart, Target, etc.

I'm curious to hear what kinds of experiences others have with it...

Edited to add: To answer the question about whether the hair gets wrapped up in the rotating teeth: NO. No pulling, no tangling, it works GREAT.

GodMadeMePretty

OH! MY! GOSH!!!!!! I got this tonight and I am in SHOCK. Do you *read* me? SHOCKED!!!! GET THIS PRODUCT!!.

Naturals - it will be great for making an afro. My 1 year of new growth is nice and fluffy. It would be EXCELLENT to help with the matting people get and they can't seem to stretch the relaxer out more than 4-5 weeks. GET THIS PRODUCT!!!

And my hair is coarse. So don't think it won't work on your hair. I'm going to try this out on my daughter's hair in the morning. I think I'm going to actually ENJOY doing her hair. She will THANK ME, I'm sure. Because this thing works with NO PULLING!!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!

Can you all tell that I'm excited. THIS is the best product since I discovered the DivaCup (OT board). I got it at Target even though Remington's site says that Walmart and Walgreens (along with other stores) sell it. The Walmart and Walgreens that I went to did not have it.

I think I'm going to not have any problems going natural now. I was having my doubts with the extra time it was taking to do my hair. With this Tamer, no problema.

The amazing thing is that it doesn't tear the hair out. I have NO idea why or how it works, but it does. Absolutely amazing.

I'm sure my daughter will be attempting to do her own hair with this. And now that I have this handy little tool, she can play away in her hair and I'm not going to be crying. I'm going to be smiling and encouraging her to get to know her hair and how to handle it because when she is done, I'm not going to worry about the tangles. I'm not even going to have to rewash it to get the tangles out. Incredible.

GodMadeMePretty

I picked it up expecting to pay $14.99. But when I got to the register, it was on sale for $12.99.

aqualung

[ QUOTE ]
GodMadeMePretty said:
It would be EXCELLENT to help with the matting people get and they can't seem to stretch the relaxer out more than 4-5 weeks. GET THIS PRODUCT!!!

The amazing thing is that it doesn't tear the hair out. I have NO idea why or how it works, but it does. Absolutely amazing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you've said the magic words to the tangle queen. I'm going to find it this week. Maybe I can make it to 12 weeks again with less shedding and breakage?

fancypants007

Thanks for the review! I will go looking tonight at Target, Walmart and I hope they have it. I can't wait to use it because the tv review of the product was very encouraging. Anything that can help me tackle these tangles will be a blessing.

GodMadeMePretty

Key point here is that I used it on my daughter's hair this morning. I asked her if it hurt and she said no. After using this Tangle Tamer, I used the Denman brush which I ordinarily have to use just to get her tangles out, but I was able to go from ends to root and root to end with no problems after the Tamer. I have her hair in 3 braids for swimming which I wash every night and in the morning I go through it again with conditioner and moisturizer. Before this morning, I wasn't re-brushing or re-combing (other than to smooth), just applying it. This is an incredible product.

Kaprice

I'll give it a try!!! Anything to help me with the tangles.

soulchild

Hmmm sounds very interesting.
Thanks for the testimonies.

GodMadeMePretty

I took it in to work today and called it my new best friend. Of course the bottom of this thing looks like a vibrator so SOMEONE laughed at me for calling it that.

Used it wet tonight on my daughter's hair while she read. Still incredible. Comb out time cut into 1/4 of the usual time to do the simple braids that I did. 10 minutes tops.

fancypants007

I picked up my tangle tamer yesterday at Target for $12.99. I am so excited i found it. I will be using it this weekend after i wash my hair. Is it ok to use with conditioner still in my hair. I will keep everyone posted.

Jade

Yes I still LOVE this product too! It literally was an answer to my prayers - my daughter's hair can be SO beautiful but detangling had gotten to be a sore spot between us - she didn't want to sit still because she knew it would take some time and possibly hurt, but if she didn't it would take even longer later on. You know where it worked really well for us was getting rid of matting at the roots. In fact since I have finally thoroughly detangled my daughter's hair, I've found I have only needed to use it for a few spots that were starting to tangle. Her hair is looking great!!!

GodMadeMePretty, how long did it usually take to comb/detangle your daughter's hair before TT? If I waited more than a few days (even if her hair was in braids) it would *easily* take an hour or more.

EbonyEyes

It sounds interesting. I don't know if it will work on my type 4 hair.

-Ebony

soulchild

The tangle tamer seems great. I wonder if it is built to last long though.Im always weary of infomercial type products.

Armyqt

OK, so I picked this up at Target today for 12.99. I'll test it out tomorrow.

BrEE

it really does work!!!!!!!!! i got this earlier today and used it on dry hair and call me crazy but it actually detangled my hair. and you would never think this thing works by looking at it. it looks quite weird and vibrates. but it didnt snag or rip my hair.it's so easy to use and jsut glides through your hair without alot of fuss.i even combed through my ROOTS and i have 1 1/2 inches of new growth. this thing is truly great. i'm still trying to figure out if i'm overreacting and if this thing actually did what i think it did. one drawback--- i tried it on my wet hair as soon as i got out the shower and it didnt work as well, it took longer and was harder to detangle. but that's cause my hair sticks together when it's wet and the wide teeth comb couldnt get in between the strands to detangle them. so i'd rather not use it on wet hair but this thing is SUPERB on dry hair.

GodMadeMePretty

Detangling her hair was an hour if not done every day. At least an hour. I've checked the clock sometimes and have been surprised that an hour and a half had passed and I STILL had some hair to go. This was detangling and styling - styling meaning no more than 5 ponytail/braids or even a puff. Now detangling and styling is less than 15 minutes.

I forgot to say yesterday when I took the TT in to work and was telling the other natural head about it, she commented on how much better my hair looked from the day before. Yeah, it was Wednesday and I had washed my hair on Saturday and merely fingercombed it into place without combing through the majority of it.
But Wednesday night I detangled it with the TT and what a difference it made.