DOWNRIGHT DELICIOUS DEEP CONDITIONING CHALLENGE 2009 - PART 3!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluwatersoul

DD#2 used the remainder of my Sitrinillah last week :nono:
I should never have let my DD's discover it :perplexed

I did however finally go out and get some AO HSR:yep:

I dc'ed with it for an hour, no heat. I kept in on my head while I went for a workout and 3 mile run :look:

The smell is a little intense for me...but WOW:grin:

I love this stuff. I am even more in love with the ingredients. This will be a new staple for me, and will definitely help while I wait for more HV!:grin:

lovleelilie

DC'd last night w/ AO HR & Humecto mix (after a Nexus Emergencee 10 min. deep w/ heat w/o cap). Hair strong yet soft today - just like me! :grin:

lovleelilie

DC'ING now with Redken Butter Treat mixed with warmed molasses

ooohhh...that sounds toasty! i had to walk through 10 degree weather to get to work today. :freezing: wish i was in my terry cloth robe on my couch under my Pibbs with some warmed molasses DC mix in my hair! sigh. :sad:

Keen

Hi ladies.

I didn't join this challenge because I can only DC once a week. Right now I have some eggs/EVOO/Cholesterol mix on my hair. I'm leaving that for two hours then I will DC for 15 mins with heat.

Aggie

DC with Cathy Howse Protein for 20 min and Keracare Dry Itchy Moisturizer for 20 Min. Scalp felt great..afterwards..but what do you think Aggie? Next time I was just going to condition on dry hair with Lekair for like 30 minutes or use my Alter Ego rebalance..idk

The first DC session is a good one you have here cicilypayne although I'm not familiar with the ingredients of Alter Ego Rebalance...could you share the ingredients?

cicilypayne

Thanks for the reply Aggie. The following is my DC plans for this weekend. 30min without heat although only 15 min without heat is required. What do you think?

Alter Ego 'Energizing and Rebalancing Cream' Ingrediants: aqua(water),Ceteayrl Alcohol,Cetrimonium Chloride,Trimethylsilylamodimethicone,Parfum(fragrance),Amodimethicone,Benzyl Benzoate,Phenoxyethanol,Tridecth-10,Limonene,Methyldibromo Glutaronitrile,Citric Acid, Methylcholorisothiazolinone,Methylisothiazolinone.

Aggie

Thanks for the reply Aggie. The following is my DC plans for this weekend. 30min without heat although only 15 min without heat is required. What do you think?

Alter Ego 'Energizing and Rebalancing Cream' Ingrediants: aqua(water),Ceteayrl Alcohol,Cetrimonium Chloride,Trimethylsilylamodimethicone,Parfum(fragrance),Amodimethicone,Benzyl Benzoate,Phenoxyethanol,Tridecth-10,Limonene,Methyldibromo Glutaronitrile,Citric Acid, Methylcholorisothiazolinone,Methylisothiazolinone.

This is a moisturizing DC for sure and you are right on target cicily. This should be fine.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Shampood with GVP Extra Gentle

Dc'ed for 45 mins with heat with a mix of Paul Mitchell Super Charged and GVP Conditioning Balm. Heaven :love:

lennet93

I just co-washed with GVP moisturizing conditioner and now I am DC'ing with GVP conditioning balm. Will stay under the dryer for 45 minutes. I'm trying to up my moisture to be on the safe side since I did the aphoghee treatment on wednesday.

DaDragonPrincess

DDP, is that your starting pic in your siggy? If it is, you have a great start:yep:.

Yes I was gone to say that, I will use it as a starting picture. Right now I been DC with Megatek and a Motions Moisture Plus™ After-Shampoo Conditioner , I got to buy some more of my Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special, Other products that are good is Kera Kare,and Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil products, I always use my Pure Virgin Olive Oil to seal my DCs. And wrap with plastic bag when I run out of plastic caps, I recently purchased a 100 pack of plastic caps,so thats a good amount for me for now,lol. :yep: Thanks sweetie

lexi84

DCing right now under my hooded with Pantene R&N. My hair has been very good lately. No more shedding, breakage, dryness. Its amazing how much my hair has improved in less than a month.

BostonMaria

Make room ladies I wanna join!

My goal for 2009 is to make my own deep conditioners! I just bought a bottle of AO Honeysuckle Rose and added a bunch of different oils plus aloe vera juice just for kicks LOL I hope its not too late!

MonaLisa

Friday evening for 2.5 hrs - Hairveda Moist 24/7 and Cocosta Oil...

Saturday evening for 1 hr: Shescentit Fortifying Hair Masque/Joico deep conditioner reconstructor
then follow up with moisture again..

Last edited:

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
Hi Ladies, just checking in. I am still in kinkiy twist and will be until March but I am still DCing at least once a week. I cant wait to see my hair again.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Imma use the bottle tomorrow and add some honey and oil, how does that sound? If I like the bottle I will def. get the tub..
Ok I DC today the 3rd time this week. This time around I used KeraCare (in the bottle:nono:), GVP Nexxus Humectress, honey, and the rest of my Vatika.
I really didnt care for this mix b/c the KC was too watery for my liking, I will invest in the tub some day.
I started doing a dry DC, but after I washed it out I had this white stuff in my hair. So I ended up washing with my CON green and conditioned for like 1 min with CON purple.

Aggie

May I join?

Make room ladies I wanna join!

My goal for 2009 is to make my own deep conditioners! I just bought a bottle of AO Honeysuckle Rose and added a bunch of different oils plus aloe vera juice just for kicks LOL I hope its not too late!

Hi Ladies,

It is never too late for the DC challenge. Welcome and have fun. Which products will you be using mahogany_horizons? Also, any starting pics, please post them up so we can see them and cheer you on to new longer lengths, okay:grin:?

Aggie

Ok I DC today the 3rd time this week. This time around I used KeraCare (in the bottle:nono:), GVP Nexxus Humectress, honey, and the rest of my Vatika.
I really didnt care for this mix b/c the KC was too watery for my liking, I will invest in the tub some day.
I started doing a dry DC, but after I washed it out I had this white stuff in my hair. So I ended up washing with my CON green and conditioned for like 1 min with CON purple.

I will doing my third DC tomorrow too:lick:. By the way, Vatika oil has coconut pieces in it and I discovered that when I was trying to squeeze the last drop of the oil in the bottle on my head and I couldn't get it out, so I pulled the top off and poured and sure enough - there were little bits of coconut in the bottle:look:. Then I realized that Vatika oil must be a type of ayurveda coconut oil:yep:. Oh and yeah, get the KC tub size, much better thicker consistency

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I will doing my third DC tomorrow too:lick:. By the way, Vatika oil has coconut pieces in it and I discovered that when I was trying to squeeze the last drop of the oil in the bottle on my head and I couldn't get it out, so I pulled the top off and poured and sure enough - there were little bits of coconut in the bottle:look:. Then I realized that Vatika oil must be a type of ayurveda coconut oil:yep:. Oh and yeah, get the KC tub size, much better thicker consistency
I dont think I can keep doing all this DC'ing a week. Imma drop it back down to once a week every other week.
1 wk: 1x/wk
2 wk: 3x/wk
3wk: 1x/wk....and so on.
I will cornroll my hair in the morning and get ready to put on my LF.

Romey

I DC'd with ORS Replensihing Pak. Due to my hectic schedule, I was only able to DC once this week.

Aggie

I pre-pooed again overnight with my MT/MN and essential oils mixture all over my scalp and hair - I soooo love this tingling on my scalp. I washed it out this morning and followed up with a 5 minute straight MT treatment. I am now sitting with some Aphogee 2 step mixed with some CON Reconstructor on my hair until hard. I will be DC'ing with Kenra MC and Biolage Hydratherapie Cera-Repair doused with about 1/2 a teaspoon of salt...can't wait to see how it turns out.

Aggie

I dont think I can keep doing all this DC'ing a week. Imma drop it back down to once a week every other week.
1 wk: 1x/wk
2 wk: 3x/wk
3wk: 1x/wk....and so on.
I will cornroll my hair in the morning and get ready to put on my LF.

Okay ms_b_haven, whatever is comfortable for you is fine. I see you are in the KISS challenge too so you should do what you feel is best. I am only doing 3 DCs a week now because I am over 11 weeks post my last relaxer and I need to keep my new growth as soft as possible for as long as possible but strengthened all at the same time:yep:.

When I relax, I'll be back to my usual 2 DCs a week until I re-install my extension braids when in that case will go back to once a week. I have a method that I use that gives me great results and I encourage everyone to do the same for their hair. Good luck honey.

Status
Not open for further replies.