Official: For Short Haired Ladies...APL by Dec'09!

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
Ok ladies the previously thread has been deleted so if I don't have your name please PM me.
As promised I am now printing the list of challengers and rules:
Rules

1. Keep everyone posted on your progress and Heaven forbid your setbacks. We are all here to learn and support one another.
2. Post pictures as much as you want!!! Keep in mind that you MUST post at the end of each quarter as well.
3. Be kind and support one another ladies. This will be challenging enough without the drama so keep the negativity to yourself. Thank you

End of each Session Posting Time
March 31
June 30
September 30
December 20​

Prizes
I will be giving various prizes away (about 6 give or take) throughout the year. This is my way to help keep everyone focused on our goal. The first one will be in Feb. so keep an eye out!

Last edited:

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
challengers
Blkrose
boingboing
Brooklyn 72
BrownEyez22
bubblegumdreams
buddhas mom
ButterCaramel
Butterfly3582
C. Nicole
calsensual1
Carrie A
chelleyrock
chestnutblonde
Chi Chi Star
chnkybroneyes
choppybob
ChoZyn
christian 01
chrstndiva
CICI 24
ckn
cream Tee
curlyreese
daephae
danigurl18
DaPPeR
delray 7120000
Jaxhair
ksk xs
Coolata
evsbaby
phoebe234
s1b000
Bliss806
leejeans
JayAnn0513
Moustacy
soulflower
honieb1
Ms. Lyons
meziaa
hotcoco
poeticmusiqu
prettyhair73
KarmelQT_2008
Noryette
brebre928
MagnoliaBelle
laurensahLey
SnnyDays
MrJohnsonsRib
Neemo
snilloh
silvergirl
Klutzie
candacyEliz
marzinetta
alopeciagrl
cubanit
ambellan

Last edited:

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
deola
Digital Tempest
discodumpling
diva613
Dommo
DontspeakDefeat
drjo 91
DTWgrl
Duchesse
flowingocks
Forever in Bloom
freelove
gdivant
grownupnai
Gemini350z
Geminigirl
glamckick84
goldenchica
gymfreak
J KKelly
heyfranz
Honey-Dip
Hot40
Hsmith
I shure do wish
innocentdevil
Isis77
Itismehmmkay
Ivy Santolina
IvyButter
Jaded faerie
jamica lovely
Jassy 28
jazzmoods
jbailey
Jsjess
JustKiya
kalmit
kandi
KAT25
kathryn
Kedda0720pooh
Keepinitnatural
Keisha T
Kels823
Kennedi
KeraKrazy
Kermly
kinkylyfe
KizzieNapps
KrimsonKween
Kurly K
Kusare
I in 1 luv
Ladybug71
LaNecia
blair
aa9746
abbygirl
achangedlife
aevieal
ajiamarie
alabama
alyn 308
amazing
Amelia 456
Anancy
Anew
anilove
apemay 1969
Arabella
Ariana 4000
Artemis
Atlanta JJ
Auburn
AVE One
ayjacks
babygryl79
bamachic 08
beans4reezy
belle
bermudabeauty
BGT
blair
coffee
alopeciagrl
Kusare
CubanMorena
LaFaraona
NOLAgyrl
SweetMarshCrystal

Last edited:

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
lacying
ladylends
lili 411
Lisaa Bonet
Lollyoo
lou lou 82
-Love, Love*
Loves Harmony
Ltown
luvmesumhair
lwilliams1922
Mai Tai
Mandy 4610
Manushka
MeechUK
meka
Michiko
millqui
misconstrue
missdemi
Miz Jackson
mizchari
mizzdebbi
*Morena*
Mo96
fobaker
msdevo
myangeleyez1072
Mystic
Mz. Princess
Naijanikki
Nappinique
Napptural Womyn
Natural Beauty87
naturalpride
Nclady
neks4u2c
nijerannce
Nik4jesus
Nnelove
Noodle Mama
not Pochahontas
Nubiangoddess3
nuggetrock
Nya 33
ParvaniVida
Patientlygrowing
Platinum
princessid
Purfectalibi
raloftin
redliz81
Roses Black
Rosie 8604
runwaydream
S Nyeema
*closer*2*my*dreams*
latingirly020488
seyyeyes3616
babs19
**Jade**
Caramelcutieinva
swalker
southerngirl4ever
legslikewhoa
vnaps
renae 226
topnotch 010
praisedancer
daydream 2876
kittenz
miss iari
futurescbride
Kiarai
HarlemHottie

Last edited:

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
sampbell
Sanserity 30
sarahh
scampbell
scarcity 21
SelfStyled
shae 101s
shakira 74
shan 2001
Shay 72
Shibababy
silentdove13
Simone Reynold
simplyme 1985
skatergurljubulee
Smilye 79
smwrigh3
Snilloh
sonia 1965
SouthernBeauty
SoutherStunner
spacetygrss
suganhuneyicedt
sugarplum
swalker31
sweetg
sweetsuccess
sxyhairfetish
TashaK
taz 007
tbutler 2205
TCatt86
The Princess
Tiffanita
tiffupretty
Tigget 75
TinkaBella
Tinkerbell19
trenise
TrustMeLove
truthbetold
tycoles
unalteredone
Unique4lyfe33
Vetta Vetta
VirGoViXxEn
waistlength 1110
xX-AfroDoll-Xx
ycj
wish4length
shortdub78
imanc84
Golden75
minnie
Lei*Lei
Tiffanita
WonderfullyMade
babs19
miai 74
ajiamarie
soulflower24
HoneyB
chestnutblonde
Purfectalibi
aa9974
blvilla 23
Blkrose
perlenoire 83
siplyme 1985
lp3181p
sarcity21
imaqt
PittiPat
CheistryGirl
trinigal27
lacreolegurl
Essensual
basic64
Lei*Lei
IndianAngel22
PetiteOne
carmencan
maleucia
meziaa
Luxurious12
Mis007
paradise16
prettybrowneyescutie
NuBraveHeart
Michelle Obama fan
stdwrites

Last edited:

rainbowknots

yes!!! My 1st challenge. So how does this stuff work, is there going to be a separate thread. Are there any rules to follow like how often to deep condition or wash I just joined the website a couple of days ago so I'm new to all of this

meka

Im in.............

What are you ladies gonna be doing to "expedite" the growing process?

Mystic

I don't know about "expediting" the process but I intend to keep my hair in protective styles 95% of the time, along with my normal regimen of DC every week and rinsing 2-3X per week. I intend to keep it simple~

Im in.............

Shay72

Natural, 4A
To expedite my progress I just plan to be consistent with my reggie and bun daily. In the two months that I've been bunning I can really tell the difference in my hair.

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
yes!!! My 1st challenge. So how does this stuff work, is there going to be a separate thread. Are there any rules to follow like how often to deep condition or wash I just joined the website a couple of days ago so I'm new to all of this

This is for encouragement. The rules should be the first thread. Please list your regimen if you didnt on the previous (now locked) thread. That what people with the same hair type could view it, borrow it or may give you suggestions on how to improve it.

Because this is such a non-restricted challenge it works well with other challenges. For example I am doing the SL, C&G, and Bootcamp challenges that have more concrete rules.

I hope I have answered all your questions. WELCOME and good luck!

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
Im in.............

Protective styling (braids and when out of braids I will be wigging it) OCT in the morning, MT at night. Co-washing 3x a week, DC 2x a week. oh and PRAYERS!!!!!:yep:

The Princess

My regimen will be to keep it simple. I wear my hair in a bun like 98.9 percent of the time. So for me:

Wet Bunning
Moisturize ends daily
Co wash 1-2 times a week
Deep Condition 1-2 times a week
I do go to the beautician at least 2-3 times during my relaxer cycle. To get a relaxer and get my hair flatiron.

Wash: Hairveda Alma Rinse/CON (Old Version)

Co Wash: VO5 Moisturize Milk Strawberries & Cream, Shescenit Advocado Conditioner and Orange Olive Oil Conditioner, Mizani Thermasmooth Conditioner-This is good to use when Im 6-8 weeks post, (however I been lucky this go around not to use it, my NG is in tact). Palmers Olive Oil Conditioner, I also have some Biosilk conditioner, I need to try that out, CON Nourshing Conditioner.

Deep Conditioners: ORS Replenish Pak and Shescentit Bannana Brulee

Moisturizer: Palmers Olive Oil Hair Milk, ORS Olive Oil Creme, Komaza Sheabutter hairlotion, Paul Mitchell Leave in Conditioner/Sally GVP version as well.

Oils and Sealant: Hairveda Vatika Frosting, Hairveda Omega 3,6,9, Hairveda Almond glaze.

Gels: Jam and Hairveda Whipped Jelly

Vits: Yes-Majority for overal body than hair. But garlic is included to help with hair shedding, I don't shed much and I think its because of the garlic pills.

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
I am like 17 weeks post and I need to find a conditioner to cowash with. I have tons of VO5 strawberries and cream and that worked but now that I am further along in my stretching and plan on going a year without relaxing I need something with some kick to it.

grownupnai

Hi,
My name is Nai. I'm a newbie but have been inspired and lurking for quite a while. I've learned so much from all of you. My hair really started to grow because of all of the information I've learned on this board. I've hit official shoulder length recently and I'm really excited to be in this challenge.
Regime
Co wash(suave coconut) 2-3 times a week follow with a 5 min condition (bio silk) rinse and squeeze and then add mane n tail as a leave in
DC once a week (still looking for a good dc) and my hair loves protein
Protective styles 85% of the time. I've been bunning, 2 buns set low, 2 braids at night with mane n tail carrot oil cream. This product is super oily but no mineral oil or petroleum. It's good for sleepy hair because I don't tie my hair down and the pillow absorbs the oil and my hair is soft in the morning and not super oily.I put conditioner (mane n tail) on the end of my braids before i wrap them with the scunci pony holders.
I like my regime, it's been good to me but I am so open to suggestions, especially a good deep conditioner for protein loving 3b-3c hair.
Count me in. We can do it! :D
xo Nai

Last edited:

rainbowknots

To expedite my progress I just plan to be consistent with my reggie and bun daily. In the two months that I've been bunning I can really tell the difference in my hair.

I hate to sound stupid but what exactly is bunning? Is it like wearing a ponytail? I've worn ponytails since like forever and my hair is in the worst condition that it could possibly be in...

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
I hate to sound stupid but what exactly is bunning? Is it like wearing a ponytail? I've worn ponytails since like forever and my hair is in the worst condition that it could possibly be in...

If I am not mistaken bunning is a ponytail but the hair is usually tucked under to protect the ends.

grownupnai

Wearing you hair in an actual bun and tucking your ends to protect them, if i am correct?

latingirly020488

I am in !! I had set backs in 08' and also got discouraged but 09' is a whole different year and im ready to commit 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!

rainbowknots

Well I've been trying to find what products I should use for this challenge and I ran into one called Hairveda. Every single user of her products had positive things to say about it! Quite naturally I rushed to her web site to see if I could purchase anything....and she's closed until Jan 1 2009 :sad:. So if there are any other newbies out there (like me), who have no idea where to start, I would suggest you start with her products which I surely will be doing at the turn of the year. Here's the website for those who are interested:

http://hairveda.com/default.aspx