Short haired Ladies and Indirect heat!!!

JessCNU

Hello ladies, I have a few questions, I usually don't make threads but I couldn't find any answers:nono:

1.) how are my fellow short haired ladies (short as in ear, neck length...and I know your out there) avoiding the use of direct heat???

I know about braids, weaves, wigs.....are there any other options for people who want to wear there hair?

2.) roller sets!!! this is my ultimate dream:grin: I don't think my hair is long enough but I'm not sure. Are there any tutorials for roller sets with short hair? well really short hair?

I guess I'm getting frustrated because my hair is doing really well now thanks to LHCF and I want to keep it healthy. I'm not seeing any ill effects from the flat iron yet( once a week ) but I would like to try and avoid it if I can. I guess I'm being stubborn with the braids, weaves, and wigs... I just can't handle that stuff on my head. It looks great! but it starts itchin and i get the diggen in my head and end up taking it out. I'm tired of wasting money:ohwell:.

any suggestions would be greatly apprecated:drunk:

Oh yeah... I'm 4a/b relaxed Design Essentials

ReeseNicole

gurl...when you find out let me know! i just chopped my hair off into a short pixie and i dont want to use heat, but i know that it's really hard to stretch relaxers on short hair and not use heat daily. BUMPING!!!

jeabai

I'm just barely NL so my buns are anorexic so I just bought a bun to go over my ponytail and hairveda's whipped gelly to slick it back with a boar bristle brush. I do rollerset every week but I'm not big on curls so I usually brush them out...waiting for the day when I have a little more hair and my rollersets will be waves vs curls.

pmichael52172

I'm 4a/b and used Design Essentials. I say used because I'm trying to transistion... (pray for me!)

Currently I'm nape length in the back and just below ears on the sides and front. I try to only flat iron on setting "1" after my weekly wash and set but to keep it fresh when needed, I use Caruso steam rollers before bed. I take them out moisturize my hair, wrap with a silk scarf and go to bed.

In the morning, my hair is bumped and bent as if I flat ironed it and that lasts 2 plus days or so.

JessCNU

yesss! I know people complain about buns and ponys but girl i'm praying everyday for just enough to pull into a bun...and soon as I make it the fake bun is getting slapped on with the QUICKNESS!!!!

JessCNU

I'm 4a/b and used Design Essentials. I say used because I'm trying to transistion... (pray for me!)

Currently I'm nape length in the back and just below ears on the sides and front. I try to only flat iron on setting "1" after my weekly wash and set but to keep it fresh when needed, I use Caruso steam rollers before bed. I take them out moisturize my hair, wrap with a silk scarf and go to bed.

In the morning, my hair is bumped and bent as if I flat ironed it and that lasts 2 plus days or so.

I'm thinking my hair is long enough on the top sides and mid back for rollers. its just the lower back i might have to hit with the iron. I plan on trying it soon.

wannabelong

I'm sorry I won't be much help. I wore half wigs and weaves until I was able to pull my back into a small ponytail.

FluffyRed

I just BARELY made SL with my last touchup. I use the scarf method. My dripping wet hair, tie a silk scarf around it, semi-tightly if I'm relaxer stretching, and allow to airdry OR sit under the dryer.

Since my hair now sticks out of the bottom of the scarf, I wait until it's only damp, take off the scarf, cross-wrap the ends that are sticking out and put scarf back on.

Once dry, I mist it with spray bottle and put some rollers in.

LOVE the scarf method!

ReeseNicole

im going to try rollersetting, but i really think my hair is not long enough yet...how did you all take care of your nape? im dealing with two different textures right now, but i dont want to relax yet.

JessCNU

when I wore my hair short, I relaxed my nape more often than the rest of my hair, only because I got it faded out in the back. Now that i'm growing my hair out, I cut it less and less so it can come down with the rest of my hair. I don't like the way it looks when it's growing out at the same time as the rest of the hair. Now i only relax my nape when I relax the rest of my hair. I just had to get use to the fact that it was going to be curly in the back. I just keep it edged up so It can be neat. It's almost at the bottom now.

ReeseNicole

good idea, the last time i grew out my pixie i didnt get the nape cut..i just flipped it halle style...but that requires too much heat, this was pre-lhcf