I attempted the "Blackhawk" as shown on Youtube

so so chic

Lately I've been wearing wigs and trying to avoid using heat so that's what encouraged me to try this. This style has been posted on here before, I can't remember when I saw it or who posted it, but I do recall seeing it. I was on youtube yesterday and ran across the it and decided to try it and wanted to share my version of it with you all. The pic is in my siggy. My hair was really poofy, and so were my edges. This is totally left field from styles that I normally wear, but it was fun going out with a different hairstyle! Here is the link to the youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59T-0Tgt36E

Here is a direct link to the picture: http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x79/margobenjamin/mohawk_webpage.jpg

Last edited:

ImFree27

this looks really pretty, another style I can add on my list. How did you do it, Products, techniques..etc..

gabulldawg

GIRL this is FABULOUS! Very "celebrity"! PLEASE let us know how you did it! I would LOVE To try out this style! I'm always looking for new looks.

so so chic

this looks really pretty, another style I can add on my list. How did you do it, Products, techniques..etc..

Thank so much! It's funny because I really wasn't trying to perfect it, I just quickly did it just to see how it would look! Well, I had already washed and conditioned my hair a few days ago, and had it braided in two braids. So, before doing the style, I spritzed my hair with water to detangle and used some cantu shea butter (I'm on a quest to use up all of my products, so this was hanging around!). To style, I sectioned off the bangs first, then parted the rest of my hair in half horizontally to form two ponytails. I secured each ponytail with a tie and then starting with the top ponytail, I split it in half (top and bottom) and rolled the top piece going forward and pinned it down with a bobby pin. Then I rolled the bottom piece downward and secured it. I used the same process with the other ponytail. For the bangs, I rolled them towards the back of my head and secured with bobby pins. As shown on the video, you can also roll the bangs forward and wear with a headband. I hope this makes sense, it not the video explains it well!

so so chic

beautiful, I dont know if it will work on relaxed hair

Thanks! I think it would work, it just wouldn't be as full looking. Maybe you could try making three or four ponytails instead of three. And maybe just airdry your hair so it won't be so straight.

gabulldawg

beautiful, I dont know if it will work on relaxed hair

I am relaxed (texlaxed to be more precise) and will make sure to post my pics in my fotki when I try this style. :yep: I don't know why it wouldn't work on relaxed hair... especially that's shoulder length or longer. I am about at arm-pit length now and I'm excited about trying this style. I will plan to airdry my hair so that it will have some texture to it to give a bit more fullness.

jetera21

Sheeeeee's your Queeeeeennnn to beeeeeeee! Lol! To quote everyone else, you look very regal with this style! Good job!

so so chic

I am relaxed (texlaxed to be more precise) and will make sure to post my pics in my fotki when I try this style. :yep: I don't know why it wouldn't work on relaxed hair... especially that's shoulder length or longer. I am about at arm-pit length now and I'm excited about trying this style. I will plan to airdry my hair so that it will have some texture to it to give a bit more fullness.

I can't wait to see your pics! Yeah, I agree, it should look nice on relaxed hair. Just for fullness, I don't think the hair should be bone straight. But, I actually think that my "rolls" would have looked nicer if my hair was a little straighter.

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
I remember running across that video on YouTube as well. You've duplicated that style perfectly!! It's gorgeous on you.

I'm gonna have to try that once my hair grows out more.

Zenobia61

This style is really pretty on you. It almost looks like a custom style...thanks for sharing it with us!!! BTW, your posture and carriage are beautiful, they add to the hairstyle tremendously!!

Last edited: