Post your one year progress in here please!

bermudabeauty

I am bored, so bored with my hair and trying so desperately not to cut it. I could use some encouragement to keep the scissors out my head. So...I would like to see pics of the progress you ladies have made in one year here at LHCF. Your pics will inspire me to keep it growing. Thanks ladies.

SelfStyled

What a great idea! I don't think I have ever seen this type of thread. I need some inspiration too.

hairdrama:{

Great thread...:grin:

Here is mine, Enjoy!

Back view:

Another back view:

Left side:

Right side:

I trimmed 1" in Sept 07, planning to trim again this weekend (exactly a year later)....:look:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Mine are in my siggy, check me out. I want/need more hair on my head LOL. For my 2 year anni. my hair betta look like sandyrabbit's, I am so jealous.

Last edited:

hairdrama:{

Hi girls,

here's my regi:

Prepoo: I prepoo on dry hair usually without heat with Bed Head Moisture maniac + KEMI Organics Oyl (Essential oils) or with Ion Reconstructor Treatment when I need a protein boost.
Wash: I try to wash every 3 days but at least once a week with a moisturizing shampoo (lather twice) and oil rinse with pure coconut oil, rinse with hot water and deep condition.
Deep condition: I deep condition with either Silicon Mix Conditioner or Super Conditioner 10 en 1 for best moisture and slip. I go under the dryer for 30 min and rinse in the shower. I put any other conditioner (not protein based) I own while I take a shower and then rinse again leaving some product on my hair.
Style: I put a leave-in, moisturizer and oil (in this order) and I style as usual (I wear my hair up 98% of the time). When I wear my hair down I put leave-in only and I roller set with my own combination of: water, conditioner and serum. Wrap hair daily to maintain.
Daily maintenance: When wearing my hair up I never comb it (but brush my edges) between washes, I moisturize with water and ORS Olive oil moisturizing lotion mornings and nights and pin up again. When my hair is down I moisturize with Mizani H2O Intense night-time treatment (ends only) once every other day, wrap hair for a silky look the next day. I probably comb my hair a little too much when is down, still working on that.
Relaxer: I self relax every 12 weeks with ORS Olive Oil No-Lye (Normal Strength).

thanks for all you comments ladies...:bighug:

sweetkita4

Mine is in my siggy. After too many trims, being natural, texturized, texlaxed and relaxed straight its a surprise I have any hair at all, lol

ekomba

Great thread...:grin:

Here is mine, Enjoy!

Back view:

Another back view:

Left side:

Right side:

I trimmed 1" in Sept 07, planning to trim again this weekend (exactly a year later)....:look:

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww hairdrama your hair is the bomdigi!!! congrats and keep it up what a growth :yep:

kurlybella

great thread!! just posting in here has helped me a bit with my hairexia. i'd never really paid attention to my start pics, just focused on my bra strap so much that i have not stopped to smell the roses and pre poo that have gotten me this far!

i'm so excited because i have not seen my hair pressed since earlier this year so it will be even a little longer pressed. i plan on getting it pressed in jan 09.

^^please know that my ends were busted in my start/straight hair pic so i would say my start point would be exactly shoulder length because i had to trim off those scraggly ends which fell to my collar bone!! my hair has been natural for years, it was just straight in that shot.

and this is the exact "year" since that one above is a month off:

Back View

again remember i'm really shoulder length cause of all those raggedy ends!

Last edited:

bermudabeauty

I guess I started this thread I should at least post my own pics although I have only been at LHCF a few months.

February 2008
Feb 2008.jpg

May 2008
May 2008.jpg

August 2008
hair8.jpg

BostonMaria

Hairdrama and Que all I can say is WOW

Here are a few of my pictures

Wet hair pictures

Dec 07

Sept 08

Flatironed hair

Nov 07

Sept 08

jamaicalovely

I am drooling over here. Too many of yall to name. Just beautiful growth.

I'm not quite a year yet, but I will be in Nov/Dec.

Here you go