Lace wigs

Do lace wigs look fake

• Yes i think they look fake.

Votes: 123 28.0%
  • No i think they look fine.... if you get a good one.

Votes: 316 72.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xxBlackRosexx

I am thinking about getting a lace wig to give my hair a break, do you think they look fake?

What is your opinion?
Any photos would be great.:user:

bermudabeauty

It depends on how you style the wig, what color you choose and the density, which is the thickness of it. I am going to update my Fotki in a minute to show pics of all of the 1 lace front wig I had and the different styles I used. I bought mine for $299 and lacefrontwigs.com. It was indian hair and I cut and styled my wig myself and kept my hair braided underneath. The only downside I saw about the wig is that I have very thick hair and I had to wear a wig cap underneath it and the glue or tape is sticky and you would want to use a scalp protector ointment on your skin before applying adhesive and never put the adhesive on your sides...you'll rip them off.

xxBlackRosexx

Thank you for your response, ill check out your Fotki...my concern is the way it looks at the front...the glued part. Is it obvious that its glued/taped.?

Its not cheap and i would hate to purchase and not wear it.

bermudabeauty

Thank you for your response, ill check out your Fotki...my concern is the way it looks at the front...the glued part. Is it obvious that its glued/taped.?

Its not cheap and i would hate to purchase and not wear it.

I just updated my fotki w/lace front wigs. I forgot to add that I got light to medium density and I even thinned the wig out alittle more when I bought it because I wanted the wig to look as natural as possible. Glued part looking obvious???? It depends on the tape/glue you buy. If you buy tape don't get shinny tape, if you do glue, trust me a little goes a long way and just smooth it on with a q-tip. Trial and error trial and error. You will get used to putting it on correctly. Plus you can always rock bangs and not worry about it. Just PM me if you have any more questions. And post some pics if you get it.

Last edited:

xxBlackRosexx

I just updated my fotki w/lace front wigs. I forgot to add that I got light to medium density and I even thinned the wig out alittle more when I bought it because I wanted the wig to look as natural as possible. Glued part looking obvious???? It depends on the tape/glue you buy. If you buy tape don't get shinny tape, if you do glue, trust me a little goes a long way and just smooth it on with a q-tip. Trial and error trial and error. You will get used to putting it on correctly. Plus you can always rock bangs and not worry about it. Just PM me if you have any more questions. And post some pics if you get it.

Thanks beautiful, i will check your fotki right now.

bermudabeauty

you can use 99% alcohol or adhesive remover if you get the adhesive in your hair, but you can still accidently take some of your side off. Correct application is key

bermudabeauty

Ok thanks i checked your Fotki and the wig looks fab..

Aaawwww thank you boo. Appreciate the compliment. I am a scissor happy person and I was cutting and styling the mess out of that wig! I love it! If it was 111 degrees today I would be wearing it now. My full lace wig is for winters only.:grin:

MA2010

I say go for it and GET ONE!!!

I want one so bad but I'm in Italy and I doubt someone can help me here!!!

xxBlackRosexx

Aaawwww thank you boo. Appreciate the compliment. I am a scissor happy person and I was cutting and styling the mess out of that wig! I love it! If it was 111 degrees today I would be wearing it now. My full lace wig is for winters only.:grin:

Sorry, sweetie just one more question...did you order it pre made or did you get measure and all?

bermudabeauty

Sorry, sweetie just one more question...did you order it pre made or did you get measure and all?

No problem. I did not order premade. I have a big melon head. so I ordered a custom wig online. Check out this website www.lace-front-wig.com they are having a special on custom wigs $299 up to 16inches of INDIAN hair.

This is what I ordered:
FULL lace wig
14inches
Indian Hair Yaki Straight
Hair Color was 8/10/2 mix
Hair Density was light to medium
Ordered w/baby hair
French Lace-color of Tyra Banks w/Bleached knots(so the the wig cap looks like my real scalp)
I measured my head for a custom fit.

xxBlackRosexx

No problem. I did not order premade. I have a big melon head. so I ordered a custom wig online. Check out this website www.lace-front-wig.com they are having a special on custom wigs $299 up to 16inches of INDIAN hair.

This is what I ordered:
FULL lace wig
14inches
Indian Hair Yaki Straight
Hair Color was 8/10/2 mix
Hair Density was light to medium
Ordered w/baby hair
French Lace-color of Tyra Banks w/Bleached knots(so the the wig cap looks like my real scalp)
I measured my head for a custom fit.

U are so helpful...i really like u. xx thanks:rolleyes:

trinidarkie1

I have been thinking about getting a lace front as well. But I thought wearing a wig wouldn't help me with regards to hair growth. I've been wearing a wig and I feel like my hair hasn't grown.

About three weeks ago this weekend I Got my hair washed conditioned and trimmed. The hairdresser scolded me because I haven't had a professional hair trim in years I think, so I lost a lot of hair. However, now I look like... a run away slave, I mean my hair looks so bad.
Not even the gel will work, and my co washes, although fun and cool in the hot weather, don't leave my hair soft and nice. (MIght be the conditioner though)

Anyway, long story short, now that I've read this; have you ladies experienced growth after wearing a lace front wig? And how often do you take it off and put it back on etc?

bermudabeauty

u can buy over the internet!!!

Yes that is what I did. Where I live we dont' get all the trendy hair stuff if we do it is an arm and a leg. So I did my research and bought that bad boy online. The website I gave you is very detailed, even shows you video of how to measure your head and how to put the wig on the right way. And the website support staff was very helpful for any questions you have.

bermudabeauty

I have been thinking about getting a lace front as well. But I thought wearing a wig wouldn't help me with regards to hair growth. I've been wearing a wig and I feel like my hair hasn't grown.

About three weeks ago this weekend I Got my hair washed conditioned and trimmed. The hairdresser scolded me because I haven't had a professional hair trim in years I think, so I lost a lot of hair. However, now I look like... a run away slave, I mean my hair looks so bad.
Not even the gel will work, and my co washes, although fun and cool in the hot weather, don't leave my hair soft and nice. (MIght be the conditioner though)

Anyway, long story short, now that I've read this; have you ladies experienced growth after wearing a lace front wig? And how often do you take it off and put it back on etc?

I would take my wig off every 7 to 10 days and wash/condition and rebraid my hair. But if you apply your wig with glue you can go as long as 6wks even go swimming in that bad boy! If you use tape it will last about 2weeks. Your hair will grow no doubt about it and your natural hair isn't being manipulated at all. I bought my wig as a christmas gift for myself $299 is a lot of money and I wore it regularly to about March. When I bought the wig I had cut my hair off to the old school Halle Berry short. When I stopped wearing it in March my hair had grown into a cute bob. So it definately grew my hair w/no problems. The wig will last you forever too.

trinidarkie1

BermudaBeauty, you are making a believer out of me.
My hair is two months since my last relaxer and counting, so I have about 1 cm of hair growth all around. But the rest of my hair is relaxed.

What covering do you use when you wear your Lacefront, and how do you deal with the sweating? It's hot as hell most times and i get frustrated :ohwell:

Would you say that this is better than braiding the hair?

trinidarkie1

DId you post a pic Blackrose? I dunno if it's just blocked cos I'm at work. Can you put the link so I can see as well? please?

bermudabeauty

BermudaBeauty, you are making a believer out of me.
My hair is two months since my last relaxer and counting, so I have about 1 cm of hair growth all around. But the rest of my hair is relaxed.

What covering do you use when you wear your Lacefront, and how do you deal with the sweating? It's hot as hell most times and i get frustrated :ohwell:

Would you say that this is better than braiding the hair?

I am not a fan of braids. My hair grows too fast and braids don't last for me. If I do braids it is cornrolls never singles or micros. Too much stress on the hair. I would do the wig because you can wash the wig and rewear it forever as braids only last a few weeks. I sweat big time that is why I'm not wearing it now in 111 degree heat but... if you choose to glue with the lace wig, then sweating should not be an issue. Like I said before you can even swim in the things if you have the correct adhesive. So the wig won't come off. As far as covering my natural hair, I just moisturized my hair and put a wig cap on it, you can even use the open net wig caps to allow your scalp to breath more. My hair is thick so I needed the wig cap to push my nautral hair down to make my wig flat at the top. But you don't have to use a wig cap if you don't want to. Sometimes if I was lazy I wouldn't braid my hair underneat just brushed it back and slapped my wig on.:lachen: