Lace wigs

Do lace wigs look fake

• Yes i think they look fake.

Votes: 123 28.0%
  • No i think they look fine.... if you get a good one.

Votes: 316 72.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
hey what type of glue are y'all using? i'd like one that is waterproof and adhesive remover....any recommendations? please respond.
-tia

I had a really pretty lace front. I like to believe it wasnt fake looking :grin:

My mom has a new lace front thats shes using and it matches her hair color PERFECTLY. My mom gets her hair colored every few weeks and she decided to go the wig route because I love it so much and she wanted it for Black Caucus time. She has various shades of brown & blond. I dont kno wat color number that is but I'd look crazy bcuz I'm darker then her

I'm gonna try to put a picture later but when I do ignore my "Im gonna sex u up" face. it was one of my facebook pictures:lachen:

The glue I got were strips that they were selling @ the beauty supply store that I got the wig. I never used them tho b/c the lace was so close to my skin color and it was cut so well that I never took the time to use it.

I love!!!! lace wigs (front/ full)

Attached are diff. styles of a synthetic lace front wig I got from www.blackhairspray.com
Name of wig: Inspire II

Another I would recommend is the Kerry synthetic lace front wig by sensational. Am going to get it in a color 4 :rofl:

Attachments

• IMG000152.jpg
    IMG000152.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG000140.jpg
    IMG000140.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 88
*Sigh* I got a beautiful lace wig. And I can't get thhe glue to stick! 2 days of trying. I don't even want to look at it any more

*Sigh* I got a beautiful lace wig. And I can't get thhe glue to stick! 2 days of trying. I don't even want to look at it any more

Make sure the hairline of the wig,underneath, is well cleaned. Often times there can be a collection of glue that will prevent a good application.

Does anyone just cut the lace to fit their own hair line and then just bobby pin their wig, not using clue or anything..justy bobby pins to secure?

Does anyone just cut the lace to fit their own hair line and then just bobby pin their wig, not using clue or anything..justy bobby pins to secure?

I do. I custom order all of my lace wigs with adjustable straps in the back so I don't need glue or tape. If you don't have adjustable straps, you can cut out a strap from an old wig and sew it in your lace wig, or you can sew in some wig clips. I bobby pin the front, putting the pins along my hairline at the temples

does anyone find that the hairline on the lace front is too perfect? i.e there is too much density. Most people don't have a perfect hairline like the lace fronts suggest

^^^ very true... the hairline has to be from small to medium density and lead into full density---full density from start to finish appears to faux..

Usually you have to play around with different glues, tapes and combos of those to get a good hold.

hey what type of glue are y'all using? i'd like one that is waterproof and adhesive remover....any recommendations? please respond.
-tia

Invisi-Bond is waterproof.

I love the pics some of you ladies have posted of your LF's! Thank you!
I still can't decide if I want the hassle of a full lace or if I should stick to lace fronts.

I really want a LF but the adhesive is the only thing that's stopping me. I'm afraid that if I use adhesive that I may mess my hairline up and if I don't that the wig will have the potential to fly off!

You ladies that are using adhesive, are your hairlines ok? Is the adhesive only if you want to leave the wig on for weeks at a time? Ladies, that aren't using it is your wig loose? Do you get nervous on windy days?

I really want a LF but the adhesive is the only thing that's stopping me. I'm afraid that if I use adhesive that I may mess my hairline up and if I don't that the wig will have the potential to fly off!

You ladies that are using adhesive, are your hairlines ok? Is the adhesive only if you want to leave the wig on for weeks at a time? Ladies, that aren't using it is your wig loose? Do you get nervous on windy days?

You can bobby pin it down. Or wrap your head with a coban bandage, paint the area where you part your wig with a foundation that matches your skin, and glue down the bandage on your forehand. This method will protect your edges.

Ladies - what if I get one of those lace fronts that have combs/string underneath? What the heck am I supposed to do with the lace? Cut it? Let me know, I'm seriously considering going wiggy for spring/summer.

Thanks!

Ladies - what if I get one of those lace fronts that have combs/string underneath? What the heck am I supposed to do with the lace? Cut it? Let me know, I'm seriously considering going wiggy for spring/summer.

Thanks!

I wear a stocking cap/wig cap on my head and then put on my lace front. If you are talking about the strings at the base of the wig I don't secure/tighten them but I did when I first started wearing them my wig felt like it was squeezing my head so I stopped with strings I just tighten them under.

Your supposed to cut the lace a bit. The BSS I bought mine from cut the lace for me.

Get the really strong bobby pins from Sally's and slide the pins in over your ears and at your temples. I wear my lace with a side part so the pins are hiden. My hairline is not affected that way and I have yet to have a wig get away from me using this method :giggle: I don't use adhesive. :nono:

I purchased one today that had the combs in the front and back. I will probably rely on that with a few bobby pins for backup.

I think I posted in here a while ago. I'm currently in braids but will be using my remy straight wig when I take them out in a few weeks, I've been contemplating doing a "horseshoe" by cutting out the top and letting my own hair (a la weave) out cause I think the hair looks a bit wiggy at times.

I voted I think they look nice if you get a good one....BUT it also depends on how good you apply it. Here is one I am rocking now. I am not supposed to wear it in a pony tail but I just want you all to see the hairline:

More pictures on my blog :)
5b783b1e.jpg

b80b4f9a.jpg

Back